• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gee China is coming back for Canadian Canola. What did skippy sacrifice for this.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
    Keep the spring threshed separate. $650 FOB farm gate

USD
    Why did you wait so long to tell me this?

I priced out most of the old crop last week or so.

Specialty canola with a locked in basis and open futures.

My theory was the canola market would see pressure from the looming spring thrash.

Who knows? I felt the local basis' could get hit but the futures might do it's own thing(more things affecting it than local backyarditis).

Futures up about twenty cents a bushel in the last two days but today isn't over yet either.

Alot of spring thrash canola will be looking for a home quickly, cash flow and people will just want to get rid of it.

I thought it would trade range bound to lower. But could you say the last two days have broken out of the range of the last 8 weeks?

Where does it go from here?

In my opinion "posted" local cash bids and future delivery bids aren't "stellar", basis still kinda wide in some locations and months(read the signals). Sometimes phone calls even reveal a different story. "Market" your grain....

Comment

Maslows hierarchy of needs, food, shelter, clothing. In a crisis people revert to these needs - not trips to Maui - but toilet paper and flour and rolled oats. Food is going to go up, plain and simple.

So be sure to lock in all new crop sales as soon as possible. We don't want to see the exporters suffer during this crisis.

Comment

Sounds like China released fake news as a trial balloon. Apparently it’s just an extension of the blackleg issue.

At least they haven’t released a virus on us this month. 🦠

Comment

The do gooders of the liberal party should be taxing those that collude to make money on this while lending farmers more to barely make the cost of production on their crops

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
            Why did you wait so long to tell me this?

I priced out most of the old crop last week or so.

Specialty canola with a locked in basis and open futures.

My theory was the canola market would see pressure from the looming spring thrash.

Who knows? I felt the local basis' could get hit but the futures might do it's own thing(more things affecting it than local backyarditis).

Futures up about twenty cents a bushel in the last two days but today isn't over yet either.

Alot of spring thrash canola will be looking for a home quickly, cash flow and people will just want to get rid of it.

I thought it would trade range bound to lower. But could you say the last two days have broken out of the range of the last 8 weeks?

Where does it go from here?

In my opinion "posted" local cash bids and future delivery bids aren't "stellar", basis still kinda wide in some locations and months(read the signals). Sometimes phone calls even reveal a different story. "Market" your grain....
            Hope you know I was just making a silly comment
            Prior to covid-19 your take on the future was likely what is going to happen. It might still be the most likely scenario. Too much hitting the market at once has always produced a predictable result. Lower prices and wider basis. Supply chain integrity may have an influence on price direction as time goes on too

Just for fun lets see if tomorrow RSN20 takes out 485.20. that will offer a bit of a clue as to whether optimism or caution is in order

Comment

Flat tax still seems to be fair and reasonable.

Comment

Now I am confused, it was Trudopes fault that China restricted Canadian canola imports, now it is his fault that they are resuming them( even though the news says nothing has changed).

I despise this traitorous imbecile as much as anyone, but not sure he deserves this much credit.

Comment

It’s not true as it looks like some one issued a trial balloon. China probably. They want Canada’s 5G bad then control NA. End goal.

Any one who doesn’t thinks skippy wouldn’t hand over a country like canada for safe passage for himself and a few chosen is dreaming. He would sell us all out to save his ass.

So what’s up we can all speculate but I would bet it won’t be good for Canadians whatever they decide.

Comment

You guys are missing the big picture. Got nothing to do with canola, trudeau etc. Their 650M dead pigs didnt just come aliove did they?

China has its tentacles in all parts of the world and Trump is going to be hacking them off after this runs its course. After exporting a virus that we had to shut down our economy for, they think its business as usual right after. They are trying to dig back into weak countries before that happens. And Trudeau is the biggest limp dick of the bunch. I wouldnt sell those ccksuckers a bushel of canola.

Comment

"And we'll still get 10. "

Because enough of us HAVE TO SELL, $10 is profit and they ALL know we will....

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
                        ............Just for fun lets see if tomorrow RSN20 takes out 485.20. that will offer a bit of a clue as to whether optimism or caution is in order
                        Nope.

Comment

Looking really doubtful at this point, Soyoil down 1.10. We need Soyoil closer to 30 to get any kind of a rally. Hoping we get a spring rallly to buy some canola acres.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                            Nope.
                            Then caution it is, for now anyway.

It's never just as simple as "over here we have canola for sale and over here we have buyers that want it"

Comment

Comment

Hmmm , imagine that , fake news from China

FML ... hazardous materials in canola seed .. I can’t believe the world is pandering to these lying %#%%#
                                Last edited by furrowtickler; Apr 3, 2020, 22:21.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.