Gee China is coming back for Canadian Canola. What did skippy sacrifice for this.

Commodity Marketing

Tools

Gee China is coming back for Canadian Canola. What did skippy sacrifice for this.

SASKFARMER's Avatar Mar 31, 2020 | 06:14 1 Report out this morning on Reuters quoted two sources that say that China is back in the game and will resume purchasing canola from Canada.

China says it was a quality issue and that it has nothing to do with Huawei.

Lying ****ing bastards.

It was a game and the Chinese are good at it.

Canada is the dumb **** that will allow Huawei 5 G on Canadian soil and it will control our whole telecom.

This is the payoff for us to get canola back to china.

Trudeau and the liberals are played and the US and G7 Members know it.

Farmers will sell canola at below-market because the Chinese might agree to buy but at what price they don't care.

So the real winner China.

Loser the farmers who lost billions in sales and got a ****ing bunch of loans.

Canada because now we're one step closer to china taking us over. Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes

• Mar 31, 2020 | 06:32 2 Keep the spring threshed separate. $650 FOB farm gate

USD Reply With Quote
    SASKFARMER's Avatar Mar 31, 2020 | 06:36 3 It does look like it came through winter in really good shape. Samples we have taken look great.

Took swath into the shop and let dry out over weekend then put through and took to town.

It's a #1 dry. Reply With Quote
  • 3 Likes

• Mar 31, 2020 | 06:39 4
    Quote Originally Posted by SASKFARMER View Post
    It does look like it came through winter in really good shape. Samples we have taken look great.

Took swath into the shop and let dry out over weekend then put through and took to town.

It's a #1 dry.
    That's good to hear. I wonder if the freeze/thaw cycle it will go through over the next while might hurt it a bit? Reply With Quote
    SASKFARMER's Avatar Mar 31, 2020 | 06:41 5 Yes, that could maybe affect it but I was surprised how some green seeds in fall are now black.

Time will tell but at least it's maybe a reason to be happy. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Mar 31, 2020 | 06:43 6 Canola should be $20 bushel for those ****ers Reply With Quote
  • 3 Likes

• SASKFARMER's Avatar Mar 31, 2020 | 06:44 7 Oh and maybe today we Farmers and all in our industry will be deemed an essential service.

Sounds great but to the city people, it means nothing.

Food comes from Super Store. Reply With Quote
  • 3 Likes

• Mar 31, 2020 | 06:45 8 You bet. Positive waves is what we need right now.
    Something to compensate for my auction sale withdrawals. Not the same online Reply With Quote

• SASKFARMER's Avatar Mar 31, 2020 | 06:46 9 I agree they played the perfect hand and JT took the bate hook line and sinker.

Farmers got hurt in a year we could have filled all the needs when the USA shut down china. For once Candian farmers would have got a few bucks to get ahead. Grain companies still would have made the most for doing nothing but elevating and putting it on a boat.

Nope, skippy made sure we lost and then gave us more ****ing loans. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• SASKFARMER's Avatar Mar 31, 2020 | 07:36 10 This is a good thing for the fall of 2020 and next years crop, maybe, but what did skippy and company give up for this that is the question. Reply With Quote
    Mar 31, 2020 | 07:48 11 Maybe Chinese now that the world is going to do a 306 against them soon Reply With Quote
    SASKFARMER's Avatar Mar 31, 2020 | 07:51 12 I think the USA learned a big lesson get all manufacturing home and quit counting on china. Reply With Quote
    Mar 31, 2020 | 07:52 13
    Quote Originally Posted by SASKFARMER View Post
    This is a good thing for the fall of 2020 and next years crop, maybe, but what did skippy and company give up for this that is the question.
    Wahway 5G Reply With Quote
    wd9
    Mar 31, 2020 | 07:59 14
    Quote Originally Posted by Robertbarlage View Post
    Canola should be $20 bushel for those ****ers
    And we'll still get 10. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• SASKFARMER's Avatar Mar 31, 2020 | 08:02 15 Also which elevators got advanced knowledge of this happening and bought lots of canola the last month. Yea insiders make and farmers get the shaft. Follow the money boys. Reply With Quote

• Mar 31, 2020 | 08:09 16
    Quote Originally Posted by farming101 View Post
    Keep the spring threshed separate. $650 FOB farm gate

USD
    Why did you wait so long to tell me this?

I priced out most of the old crop last week or so.

Specialty canola with a locked in basis and open futures.

My theory was the canola market would see pressure from the looming spring thrash.

Who knows? I felt the local basis' could get hit but the futures might do it's own thing(more things affecting it than local backyarditis).

Futures up about twenty cents a bushel in the last two days but today isn't over yet either.

Alot of spring thrash canola will be looking for a home quickly, cash flow and people will just want to get rid of it.

I thought it would trade range bound to lower. But could you say the last two days have broken out of the range of the last 8 weeks?

Where does it go from here?

In my opinion "posted" local cash bids and future delivery bids aren't "stellar", basis still kinda wide in some locations and months(read the signals). Sometimes phone calls even reveal a different story. "Market" your grain.... Reply With Quote
    Mar 31, 2020 | 08:26 17 Maslows hierarchy of needs, food, shelter, clothing. In a crisis people revert to these needs - not trips to Maui - but toilet paper and flour and rolled oats. Food is going to go up, plain and simple.

So be sure to lock in all new crop sales as soon as possible. We don't want to see the exporters suffer during this crisis. Reply With Quote

• Mar 31, 2020 | 09:12 18 Sounds like China released fake news as a trial balloon. Apparently it’s just an extension of the blackleg issue.

At least they haven’t released a virus on us this month. 🦠 Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Mar 31, 2020 | 09:36 19 The do gooders of the liberal party should be taxing those that collude to make money on this while lending farmers more to barely make the cost of production on their crops Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Mar 31, 2020 | 09:50 20
    Quote Originally Posted by farmaholic View Post
    Why did you wait so long to tell me this?

I priced out most of the old crop last week or so.

Specialty canola with a locked in basis and open futures.

My theory was the canola market would see pressure from the looming spring thrash.

Who knows? I felt the local basis' could get hit but the futures might do it's own thing(more things affecting it than local backyarditis).

Futures up about twenty cents a bushel in the last two days but today isn't over yet either.

Alot of spring thrash canola will be looking for a home quickly, cash flow and people will just want to get rid of it.

I thought it would trade range bound to lower. But could you say the last two days have broken out of the range of the last 8 weeks?

Where does it go from here?

In my opinion "posted" local cash bids and future delivery bids aren't "stellar", basis still kinda wide in some locations and months(read the signals). Sometimes phone calls even reveal a different story. "Market" your grain....
    Hope you know I was just making a silly comment
    Prior to covid-19 your take on the future was likely what is going to happen. It might still be the most likely scenario. Too much hitting the market at once has always produced a predictable result. Lower prices and wider basis. Supply chain integrity may have an influence on price direction as time goes on too

Just for fun lets see if tomorrow RSN20 takes out 485.20. that will offer a bit of a clue as to whether optimism or caution is in order Reply With Quote
    Mar 31, 2020 | 11:42 21 Flat tax still seems to be fair and reasonable. Reply With Quote
    Mar 31, 2020 | 12:18 22 Now I am confused, it was Trudopes fault that China restricted Canadian canola imports, now it is his fault that they are resuming them( even though the news says nothing has changed).

I despise this traitorous imbecile as much as anyone, but not sure he deserves this much credit. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• SASKFARMER's Avatar Mar 31, 2020 | 12:24 23 It’s not true as it looks like some one issued a trial balloon. China probably. They want Canada’s 5G bad then control NA. End goal.

Any one who doesn’t thinks skippy wouldn’t hand over a country like canada for safe passage for himself and a few chosen is dreaming. He would sell us all out to save his ass.

So what’s up we can all speculate but I would bet it won’t be good for Canadians whatever they decide. Reply With Quote
    Mar 31, 2020 | 13:32 24 You guys are missing the big picture. Got nothing to do with canola, trudeau etc. Their 650M dead pigs didnt just come aliove did they?

China has its tentacles in all parts of the world and Trump is going to be hacking them off after this runs its course. After exporting a virus that we had to shut down our economy for, they think its business as usual right after. They are trying to dig back into weak countries before that happens. And Trudeau is the biggest limp dick of the bunch. I wouldnt sell those ccksuckers a bushel of canola. Reply With Quote

• fjlip's Avatar Mar 31, 2020 | 13:42 25 "And we'll still get 10. "

Because enough of us HAVE TO SELL, $10 is profit and they ALL know we will.... Reply With Quote
    Apr 1, 2020 | 09:13 26
    Quote Originally Posted by farming101 View Post
    ............Just for fun lets see if tomorrow RSN20 takes out 485.20. that will offer a bit of a clue as to whether optimism or caution is in order
    Nope. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Apr 1, 2020 | 09:50 27 Looking really doubtful at this point, Soyoil down 1.10. We need Soyoil closer to 30 to get any kind of a rally. Hoping we get a spring rallly to buy some canola acres. Reply With Quote
    Apr 1, 2020 | 10:46 28
    Quote Originally Posted by farmaholic View Post
    Nope.
    Then caution it is, for now anyway.

It's never just as simple as "over here we have canola for sale and over here we have buyers that want it" Reply With Quote
    helmsdale's Avatar Apr 3, 2020 | 22:04 29 Reply With Quote
    Apr 3, 2020 | 22:18 30 Hmmm , imagine that , fake news from China

FML ... hazardous materials in canola seed .. I can’t believe the world is pandering to these lying %#%%#
    Last edited by furrowtickler; Apr 3, 2020 at 22:21.
  • 1 Like