• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Separation time! After this China virus

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Separation time! After this China virus

It would be the best time to separate everyone will be broke after this the government will fail anyway from this maybe we should! If anyone is left.

Except now we no longer have any bargaining chips left. With $5 oil, massive deficits, record unemployment, and most industries shut down, we would have to pay the US to adopt us. I've been beating the drum that we needed to do this sooner rather than later, while we still had some redeeming qualities. It will be a long time before we look anything but toxic to our only potential courtier now.

That said, the additional tax burden that this will cause, along with the authoritarian measures this government is taking are making separation even more vital and necessary.

A bad combination.

Lets hope that the US moving troops to guard the Canadian border ends up being the first step in picking up the pieces of what is already essentially a failed state, and a severe security threat to the US. Perhaps they will use our gross mismanagement of this as a pretext.

Comment

Rural Western Canada have been so ignored during this and since last harvest ....it's time to leave...federal bureaucracy has guaranteed it won't because of the handouts....

The oil industry is on its knees and they are talking price controls to help them...stopping imports of Saudi oil to north america is a subsidy ....integrated oil companies are making money ...when you buy at 5 bucks a barrel and selling for 70 cents a liter...

Comment

Yea I agree with most comments, it’s almost time to say fair we’ll to Quebec and the east and move on. Oh how I wish we had a sea port.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
          Yea I agree with most comments, it’s almost time to say fair we’ll to Quebec and the east and move on. Oh how I wish we had a sea port.
          Prince Rupert ...
          most First Nations along that route would be in favour .
          Fact , the vast majority of First Nations agreed to the LNG project .. only a handful caused the complete shit show .

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
            Except now we no longer have any bargaining chips left. With $5 oil, massive deficits, record unemployment, and most industries shut down, we would have to pay the US to adopt us. I've been beating the drum that we needed to do this sooner rather than later, while we still had some redeeming qualities. It will be a long time before we look anything but toxic to our only potential courtier now.

That said, the additional tax burden that this will cause, along with the authoritarian measures this government is taking are making separation even more vital and necessary.

A bad combination.

Lets hope that the US moving troops to guard the Canadian border ends up being the first step in picking up the pieces of what is already essentially a failed state, and a severe security threat to the US. Perhaps they will use our gross mismanagement of this as a pretext.
            But don't forget AF5 that Alberta probably has more resources and money in the ground than any jurisdiction in North America. Who wouldn't want us.

Comment

I like to think we should separate, would be difficult to give up medical care but maybe we could then afford private med insurance. Other than that nothing comes to mind that we couldn’t maintain.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...