• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chems spare parts fert etc

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chems spare parts fert etc

How’s it all going over there?

Fert no huge issue with supply just dispatch at fert warehouses causing hold ups.

Chems short supply but should be ok.

Spare parts hmm difficult apparently.

My sons best mate works at machinery dealership Australia is out of parts for Manatu telehandlers and krone balers spares scarce. Haven’t heard other brands if there’s issues.

We all know the reason for the issues so we don’t have to mention it just reply to the question with a going of on a tangent

So far this area is in lock down due to non stop winter. Not sure to cancel input orders due to no spring. Every year there are rumors on shortages which never materialize. So far that I have looked, I have been able to source every thing. Don't need much as I am an STO.

Comment

I’ve got a claas 670 with a couple thousands hours on it better check out parts etc for that as well I guess but our harvest isn’t till nov

Comment

Originally posted by ajl View Post
        So far this area is in lock down due to non stop winter. Not sure to cancel input orders due to no spring. Every year there are rumors on shortages which never materialize. So far that I have looked, I have been able to source every thing. Don't need much as I am an STO.
        For about ten maybe more years, it’s been this idea that if you don’t order or pre pay or what have you, you won’t get product. I have always got product.

Like ajl, I am a VSTO. If I were a BTO I suppose I would be a bit panicky. But as ajl said, this is the winter that never ends. Lots of snow, terrible forecast to mid April with barely any highs forecast above plus 2, mots highs are below zero. That is a mite scarier than other issues. With crop to harvest, and a pathetic forecast like that, it might be feasible to book more hay and grass seed.

This is about the most borderline area to try to grain farm. Our little pocket is unique. Saskfarmer is about two hours south. Much better weather, tropical pretty well. Fjlip and partners are 30 minutes northwest, we are always a week minimum behind them. Up in case iH country, an hour and a half northwest, they have a different pattern. Always way, way ahead.

But here it is a fight to even think about early May. Been in the field in April (harrowing) once in my 28 crops years. That was 2010. Ended up not seeding a single acre that year due to too wet! Earliest seeding ever was may 7 th.

Yup, I’m ordering more grass seed! Lol Thanks grandpa, for choosing or stumbling upon this spot. May as well be north of 80. But man, can we grow grass and hay. Lol

Sorry about the rant. Just looked at the long range and sucked in my breath! If it’s true, end of May at earliest.

Comment

The worry is the supply chain not the actual product.

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
            The worry is the supply chain not the actual product.
            Agree , when truck drivers start to go down, then the SHTF .
            CN and CP have limited operators even before this .
            Even warehouses where products / inputs are in store could be an issue even getting products from there.
            Hopefully the chain stays together.
            Lots of good precautions and strict protocols in place already to keep things moving .
            Most truck drivers have their own trucks, so relatively speaking easy to keep isolated.
            Deliveries can be made with near zero contact. Paperwork can be sent via e mail and through phones.
            It’s workable as long as the drivers themselves don’t get sick or too many of them .

Comment

Hobby! Do you have your inputs in place?

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
                I’ve got a claas 670 with a couple thousands hours on it better check out parts etc for that as well I guess but our harvest isn’t till nov
                I agree, planning way ahead is the only thing we can do to manage things from our side. I have gone through my combines already only a couple parts left to get. My concern is in season breakdowns, will there be a long wait for parts.

I already had a taste of this when I needed a transmission oil cooler last harvest and eventually Case said 8 weeks away. I had to go to a radiator shop to have one fabricated. It was still atleast 4 weeks start to finish.

Comment

Originally posted by LEP View Post
                  I agree, planning way ahead is the only thing we can do to manage things from our side. I have gone through my combines already only a couple parts left to get. My concern is in season breakdowns, will there be a long wait for parts.

I already had a taste of this when I needed a transmission oil cooler last harvest and eventually Case said 8 weeks away. I had to go to a radiator shop to have one fabricated. It was still atleast 4 weeks start to finish.
                  I would just standard consumables filters oils belts etc. just normal items that one should carry. This year could be more of a challenge.

Comment

Chemicals almost at standstill here anyone who ain’t got what they need are in trouble.

Frieght is issue now, some warehouse have one driver per forklift apparently no a better way to put it each forklift has a designated driver no one else for fear of cv19 transmission so rather than 24 hour dispatch maybe only 12 less staff etc

Positive note lamb and meat prices after initial falls almost back to levels pre cv19

Wool still up shit creek

Edit fair bit of chem hoarding some have bought two years worth, fear of supply issue for next 12 to 18 months and price gouging or massive 8ncreases. Maybe a smart move.

Will swap toilet paper for glyphosate is common lol
                    Last edited by malleefarmer; Apr 8, 2020, 15:11.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...
                    X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                    You agree to our and by clicking I agree.