Theresa Tam

Commodity Marketing

Tools

Theresa Tam

Mar 28, 2020 | 10:10 1 Listen to her, she gives the facts. 184000 tested. 7% hospitalization 3% critical 1% death rate. Reply With Quote
Mar 28, 2020 | 10:16 2 Well better than China s yes Reply With Quote
Mar 28, 2020 | 10:17 3 It’s hard to take Tam seriously.

On March 13th she said it was racist to stop flights from China and other countries. Reply With Quote

  • Mar 28, 2020 | 10:42 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliver88 View Post
    It’s hard to take Tam seriously.

    On March 13th she said it was racist to stop flights from China and other countries.
    Flights from china still arrive daily agstarr, how do you reconcile that with your beloved experts advice?

    You gladly self quarantine while people still travel here in planes unabated? Reply With Quote

  • Mar 28, 2020 | 10:48 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliver88 View Post
    It’s hard to take Tam seriously.

    On March 13th she said it was racist to stop flights from China and other countries.


    https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/489774-birx-cautions-against-inaccurate-models-predicting-signficant-coronavirus

    For consideration Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes


  • Mar 28, 2020 | 11:00 6
    Quote Originally Posted by macdon02 View Post
    https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/489774-birx-cautions-against-inaccurate-models-predicting-signficant-coronavirus

    For consideration
    Climate change all over again, basically we have scary models that don't match the ground and we have no idea WTF we are even doing. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • wd9
    Mar 28, 2020 | 11:10 7
    Quote Originally Posted by macdon02 View Post
    https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/489774-birx-cautions-against-inaccurate-models-predicting-signficant-coronavirus

    For consideration
    Considered.

    The models are still correct. What the country did to prevent those model outcomes doesn't mean the model is inaccurate. Flatten the curve is another model, and it as well is correct if the country takes the required steps to follow that model. Reply With Quote
    Mar 28, 2020 | 11:16 8
    Quote Originally Posted by wd9 View Post
    Considered.

    The models are still correct. What the country did to prevent those model outcomes doesn't mean the model is inaccurate. Flatten the curve is another model, and it as well is correct if the country takes the required steps to follow that model.
    Cmon wd, have you read it? The UK has only had serious measures in place for a week and that model deaths were revised down from 500,000 to under 20,000. Use some critical thinking please.

    The model was off by more than a factor of 10. The models are garbage and should be tossed.

    Here is every critical decision and statement by the WHO and the impeccable Mrs Tam since this thing started. You be your own judge how accurate our so called expert are.

    The road to Canada's COVID-19 outbreak: timeline of federal government failure at border to slow the virus Reply With Quote
    Mar 28, 2020 | 11:19 9 And the Danes have done nothing except some isolation of the extreme elderly and their rates are the same as everywhere else including their European neighbours in France who are on full lock down and economy shuttered. Reply With Quote
    Mar 28, 2020 | 11:51 10
    Quote Originally Posted by Taiga View Post
    And the Danes have done nothing except some isolation of the extreme elderly and their rates are the same as everywhere else including their European neighbours in France who are on full lock down and economy shuttered.
    Misinformation is as bad as the virus , so get your facts straight. Sweden is trying a less drastic approach not Denmark. Reply With Quote
    wd9
    Mar 28, 2020 | 11:59 11
    Quote Originally Posted by jazz View Post
    Cmon wd, have you read it? The UK has only had serious measures in place for a week and that model deaths were revised down from 500,000 to under 20,000. Use some critical thinking please.

    The model was off by more than a factor of 10. The models are garbage and should be tossed.

    Here is every critical decision and statement by the WHO and the impeccable Mrs Tam since this thing started. You be your own judge how accurate our so called expert are.

    The road to Canada's COVID-19 outbreak: timeline of federal government failure at border to slow the virus
    The model was from no action, this stuff isn't that complicated, for most. By the looks of it, they may as well did nothing. https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/uk/

    The UK action plan since Mar 3: https://www.gov.uk/government/public...us-action-plan

    Stay at home

    Only go outside for food, health reasons or work (but only if you cannot work from home)
    If you go out, stay 2 metres (6ft) away from other people at all times
    Wash your hands as soon as you get home

    Do not meet others, even friends or family.

    You can spread the virus even if you don’t have symptoms.
    Last edited by wd9; Mar 28, 2020 at 12:07.
    Reply With Quote
    Mar 28, 2020 | 12:02 12
    Quote Originally Posted by jazz View Post
    Flights from china still arrive daily agstarr, how do you reconcile that with your beloved experts advice?

    You gladly self quarantine while people still travel here in planes unabated?
    They need to keep the virus active - need to keep importing it in. Also need to import an army. ;| Teresa tam is doing a good job - for China. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • Mar 28, 2020 | 12:09 13
    Quote Originally Posted by wd9 View Post
    The model was from no action, this stuff isn't that complicated, for most. By the looks of it, they may as well did nothing. https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/uk/
    So if just a week of partial shutdown, lowered the expected deaths by 480,000 or more, then by next week that number should approach zero right and we can open it all up again and just quarantine the people at risk? Just following your logic. Reply With Quote
    Mar 28, 2020 | 12:18 14
    Quote Originally Posted by agstar77 View Post
    Misinformation is as bad as the virus , so get your facts straight. Sweden is trying a less drastic approach not Denmark.
    Sorry Dutch. Not sure what you are talking about though.

    https://nationalpost.com/opinion/conrad-black-on-covid-19-the-world-succumbed-to-a-pandemic-of-hysteria-more-than-a-virus

    If Germany, Canada and the United States are the leaders in limiting mortal coronavirus cases, the Netherlands and the United States are the hero-nations of public policy. The Dutch have refused to be spooked and have not seriously tried to reduce travel or rights of assembly, or attendance at schools and workplaces, though they are trying to protect the elderly and unwell. Yet their fatality percentages are almost exactly the same as France’s, which is on shut-down imposed by the armed forces. The Dutch are reporting only one per cent more fatalities over confirmed cases than the U.K., and two per cent less than Spain and 4.5 per cent below Italy. Reply With Quote
    Mar 28, 2020 | 15:34 15 Ah yes, this brilliant specimen of humanity Tam said only a few weeks ago that she didn't want to stigmatize anyone by singling them out as being carriers. Or that people with symptoms could be transmitters. "Could they", she asked?

    Just an absolute shining model of integrity and factual information, right aggie? Is her racism acceptable to you?

    Do you ever come up for air?


    Tam stresses the need to work to have affected communities work with everyone else. “Otherwise, they’ll be stigmatized. They will be asked to take measures beyond what is currently the public health evidence. It is a matter of balance when you’re restricting someone’s freedom, essentially, to move about in the community after return. I think that is not something that we would take lightly.”

    Powlowski continues: “The New York Times are reporting that they think the disease is communicable during the incubation period, meaning that when people are asymptomatic it can be transmitted… Britain has already taken action in terms of voluntary co-ordination. It would seem to me to be something that maybe we ought to consider. I don’t know how drastic that is.”

    Tam says that Canada was working on this with the WHO. “They know they have to get to the bottom of this, but we do know that even people with mild symptoms don’t transmit very readily. Could they? It’s possible, but that’s not what drives an actual epidemic … I think we have to be reasonable in our public measures and just balance out the risks and benefits. In terms of the impacts, they are not simply health impacts, but psychological and other health impacts, as well as non-health impacts, those being societal and economic as well.”

    Would you trust a doctor who favors feeling over facts? I don't either.

    there, you have finally faced reality. Not that I would expect a leftard to admit it.


    https://edmontonjournal.com/news/nat...-bd2a4a9d5d7c/
    Last edited by burnt; Mar 28, 2020 at 15:38.
    Reply With Quote
    Mar 28, 2020 | 15:45 16 I hope Dr Tam is not a Virtue Signaling appointment.

    She is the one at the switch to turn the economy back on.

    I bet we watch ball games on tv for two weeks before people are allowed to open businesses and go back to work as Justin will defer to the best expert advice.

    It's easy to say "To soon". Reply With Quote
    Mar 28, 2020 | 15:56 17
    Quote Originally Posted by agstar77 View Post
    Listen to her, she gives the facts. 184000 tested. 7% hospitalization 3% critical 1% death rate.
    She's either clueless or maliciously trying to kill Canadian citizens. Either way she needs to go. The sooner the better. Reply With Quote

  • Mar 28, 2020 | 18:35 18 When an oilfield worker loses, his job, his house, his wife and his pension, will be blamed the flu or Trudeau? How about any non govt employee? The waitress at the pizzeria whose husband is in advertising at the radio station, when they are both unemployed, will they think this is worth while? If there's less then stacks of dead, they will riot after losing everything. Why should they sacrifice everything? Who decides the waitress and salesman needed to sacrifice everything to prevent nothing. A govt paycheck and no job provides too much time to think. If this bug mutates it'll be complete disaster as the waitress and salesman are not taking anything seriously 12 months from now. What does a retiree do after watching 25% of the pension and 25% of the equity in their home do? No jobs, you don't qualify for credit to buy a home. Big picture here. 3 million unemployed. Largest employer is small business. Restaurants won't reopen after this. This is BAD. Reply With Quote

  • Mar 28, 2020 | 18:42 19
    Quote Originally Posted by macdon02 View Post
    When an oilfield worker loses, his job, his house, his wife and his pension, will be blamed the flu or Trudeau? How about any non govt employee? The waitress at the pizzeria whose husband is in advertising at the radio station, when they are both unemployed, will they think this is worth while? If there's less then stacks of dead, they will riot after losing everything. Why should they sacrifice everything? Who decides the waitress and salesman needed to sacrifice everything to prevent nothing. A govt paycheck and no job provides too much time to think. If this bug mutates it'll be complete disaster as the waitress and salesman are not taking anything seriously 12 months from now. What does a retiree do after watching 25% of the pension and 25% of the equity in their home do? No jobs, you don't qualify for credit to buy a home. Big picture here. 3 million unemployed. Largest employer is small business. Restaurants won't reopen after this. This is BAD.
    Trudeau, Tam, should be living scared right now. They know they blew it completely and the scenario you laid out is realistic.

    They both put out false assurances knowing full well what was inevitable. But, politics...

    It almost looks deliberate.

    Whether it's government or the masses, one should never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers. We have seen the Justin Trudeau Liberals demonstrate the first. Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes


  • Mar 28, 2020 | 19:41 20 Tam has not directed any significant measures, far less than "Pakistan, a third world country".

    Pakistan is taking temps, spraying luggage at numerous locations beyond airports.
    YYZ is "business as usual".

    It appears that she subscribes to alternate facts.

    BTW, has anyone seen Rosie pursuing a story on the streets since her love-in with our house-bound sock boy hero??



    Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes


  • Mar 28, 2020 | 20:37 21 Another example of Teasy Tam facts!!

    "Two months ago Canada’s chief public health officer, Theresa Tam, Canada’s chief public health officer, reassured us about the COVID-19 outbreak..."

    “Canada’s risk is much, much lower than that of many countries,” Tam said. “It’s going to be rare, but we are expecting cases."

    Oh well how could she know? There was nothing alarming going on elsewhere in the world, was there?

    https://edmontonjournal.com/news/pol...19-at-borders/

    Have the Justin Trudeau Liberals deliberately set out to destroy our country? Reply With Quote
    Mar 28, 2020 | 20:48 22 More Tantalizing Tam facts from the above linked piece where shetrades factrs for feelings -

    "At the time, one preoccupation of Tam and the Trudeau government was that southeast Asians not be stigmatized by this outbreak. At a parliamentary health committee meeting on Jan. 29, Tam linked not stigmatizing people to not quarantining travellers from Hubei. And a Feb. 2 statement on COVID-19 from the PMO said: “The Prime Minister… celebrated the Lunar New Year with Chinese Canadians (in Toronto) and again underlined the importance of Canadians’ support for each other, and of combatting fear, stigma, and racism.”"

    aggie, aggie, aggie, you have the lying Liberal fever.

    That would make you a Librano. Your credibility is less than zero.

    But maybe you have nice hair... Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes


  • Mar 28, 2020 | 22:16 23
    Quote Originally Posted by burnt View Post
    More Tantalizing Tam facts from the above linked piece where shetrades factrs for feelings -

    "At the time, one preoccupation of Tam and the Trudeau government was that southeast Asians not be stigmatized by this outbreak. At a parliamentary health committee meeting on Jan. 29, Tam linked not stigmatizing people to not quarantining travellers from Hubei. And a Feb. 2 statement on COVID-19 from the PMO said: “The Prime Minister… celebrated the Lunar New Year with Chinese Canadians (in Toronto) and again underlined the importance of Canadians’ support for each other, and of combatting fear, stigma, and racism.”"

    aggie, aggie, aggie, you have the lying Liberal fever.

    That would make you a Librano. Your credibility is less than zero.

    But maybe you have nice hair...
    Tam and Trudeau playing the political correctness card will cost Canada hundreds of lives.
    By the way today, March 28th Tam was telling the public wearing face masks wasn’t recommended. I would of thought it would decrease the amount of germs/water droplets transmitted between humans? Reply With Quote
    Mar 28, 2020 | 22:42 24
    Quote Originally Posted by Taiga View Post
    Sorry Dutch. Not sure what you are talking about though.

    https://nationalpost.com/opinion/conrad-black-on-covid-19-the-world-succumbed-to-a-pandemic-of-hysteria-more-than-a-virus

    If Germany, Canada and the United States are the leaders in limiting mortal coronavirus cases, the Netherlands and the United States are the hero-nations of public policy. The Dutch have refused to be spooked and have not seriously tried to reduce travel or rights of assembly, or attendance at schools and workplaces, though they are trying to protect the elderly and unwell. Yet their fatality percentages are almost exactly the same as France’s, which is on shut-down imposed by the armed forces. The Dutch are reporting only one per cent more fatalities over confirmed cases than the U.K., and two per cent less than Spain and 4.5 per cent below Italy.
    Well the U.S. is spooked . New travel advisories in U.S. Could have been quarantines. I guess doubling of deaths in 2 days will give you a sense of urgency. At that rate they will pass the Europeans by the end of next week. Reply With Quote
    Mar 28, 2020 | 23:19 25 Word is that US will be mandating everyone wear masks in public 24/7 starting next week.

    Funny Dumbo hasn't said anything yet.

    Ah well.

    Everybody will make sure they do super duper better next time. This dress rehearsal wasn't coordinated well at all.

    Ah **** they said the same thing after SARS. Reply With Quote
    Mar 29, 2020 | 09:09 26
    Quote Originally Posted by 15444 View Post
    Word is that US will be mandating everyone wear masks in public 24/7 starting next week.

    Funny Dumbo hasn't said anything yet.

    Ah well.

    Everybody will make sure they do super duper better next time. This dress rehearsal wasn't coordinated well at all.

    Ah **** they said the same thing after SARS.
    This is one thing that blew my mind, that all the experts were saying wearing masks didnt protect us. If someone with the chinese flu sneezes, they release aerosols into the air that can remain aloft, and drift from the source for perhaps a couple of minutes. if you were to walk in the affected area, you would inhale in the aerosols through your nose or mouth and become infected.

    Was this bad advise given because they knew there wasnt enough masks to go around, not even enough for the front line health care workers? Was it because they didnt want to stigmatize chinese people? This was a big fail. Reply With Quote
    Mar 29, 2020 | 09:29 27 It wouldn't be racial profiling if that's whats they thought they would be doing.

    Put the bloody politically correct horse sht aside and quit avoiding the facts already.

    I think it was quite clear where the epicenter of this pandemic was.

    There were natural barriers to help protect parts of the world....they were called oceans. But nope.....we can easily fly over and sail through those....and readily and indiscriminately did.

    So now we are in reactive mode because of not being pro-active enough.

    Why can't people handle the truth? Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • Mar 29, 2020 | 09:44 28 Farmaholic are you wearing proper PPE when walking the dog?
    Name:  4E95F907-B7CD-41F5-981F-1170D220BA9A.jpg
Views: 924
Size:  11.3 KB Reply With Quote
    Mar 29, 2020 | 09:48 29
    Quote Originally Posted by farmaholic View Post
    I....and readily and indiscriminately did.
    Correction, still are.

    Trudeau banned interprovincial travel yesterday yet daily flights from china still land here. Reply With Quote
    Mar 29, 2020 | 09:53 30
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliver88 View Post
    Farmaholic are you wearing proper PPE when walking the dog?
    Name:  4E95F907-B7CD-41F5-981F-1170D220BA9A.jpg
Views: 924
Size:  11.3 KB
    Nope, I'm holed up in the Slum of the Ghetto. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like