• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cold for April 1

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cold for April 1

I just looked at the weather forecast and I wish it was an April fools joke. Coldest day in the forecast is April 1 with a forecast high of -11 and 80% chance of snow. February was pretty nice but March has certainly been cold and snowy. The only advantage I have seen to calving this year is that there has been very little mud, looks like that trend will continue for a little while yet!

So much for the hoped for early spring. Need to take off spring thrash here and it looks like another cool summer again. At least the pandemic and economic depression means that we don't get to hear climate change nonsense. Maybe that is why the earth is cooling.

Comment

Pretty usual for here so far. Saw a few crows and geese yesterday. Nowhere to land so they wheeled around and headed back to Regina I guess?

Comment

but wait.... isn't this the day that numbnuts raises carbon tax by 50% , how fitting

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
          but wait.... isn't this the day that numbnuts raises carbon tax by 50% , how fitting
          Lol. It works pre emptively, AND retroactively. The carbon tax that is. The Trudeau? Never worked a day in his life yet.

Would be just great if he started now.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
            Is Mr Dressup actually going to kick the peasants more when they’re down?

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
              Lol. It works pre emptively, AND retroactively. The carbon tax that is. The Trudeau? Never worked a day in his life yet.

Would be just great if he started now.
              Na don't let him, just screws stuff. Isolate till his funeral would be just fine...

Comment

Well out checking cows this morning, it is a balmy -20(-28 with the wind chill), I feel very fortunate that there are no new calves on the ground this am. We got lucky and only got 2 inches of snow on Monday. How is everyone else doing on April fools day? How is the snow pack in your area? Still over a foot deep here in undisturbed areas.

Comment

-22 here
                  -18 to -22 next 4 nights
                  In town not much snow left
                  Vastly different as you go north and east
                  Looks like mid Jan yet except along a few heavy travelled grid roads .

Comment

Comment

Vegreville set a new low temp record last night in the -25 range beating the previous low from 2018. Global warming my azz. Unfortunately records at this location only go back to 1981 so it is difficult to compare to other cold periods like the early 50's.

Comment

Went skidooing in the rain yesterday. Can go wherever I wish. The snow pack did drop a bit because of the rain. Under a heavy snowfall warning right now. 6 to 8 plus inches expected. Warmest day so far was plus five for a brief few hours. We live in a strange spot. We always get more snow and lower temperatures than most places on the prairies. But this year the extreme difference has been more stark than usual even. Apparently lots of places have no snow at all. Seems foreign and bizarre.

Forecast is cold for at least a week. Gunna be a late spring for those who need to combine and especially those with snow in abundance.

Lambing starts in a few weeks. My favourite time of the year!

Comment

-20C this morning, received four inches of snow yesterday. No melt yet, 2 feet to go.

Comment

I’m not impressed. Was thinking this morning that I’m not usually this cold at -30. Then I looked at the temperature 🙈

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
                              Well out checking cows this morning, it is a balmy -20(-28 with the wind chill), I feel very fortunate that there are no new calves on the ground this am. We got lucky and only got 2 inches of snow on Monday. How is everyone else doing on April fools day? How is the snow pack in your area? Still over a foot deep here in undisturbed areas.
                              Sounds like its gonna be cold the next few nights. 14 day forecast doesnt look good for getting any combining done in April. I checked cows 3 times over night and still got fooled and missed 2 calves. Both alive and will be fine but gonna have short ears!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...