• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are farm groups not asking for the same as business?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why are farm groups not asking for the same as business?

Why are the farm groups not asking for the same 25 percent grant on loans?

Go out and borrow 100000 as an example ....get a year of interest free ...then only pay back 75 percent of the original loan?

Business have until 2022 to be in good standing to get the 25 percent grant....

Phuck sakes farmers are on a two year cycle to sell grain more or less by the time you start buying inputs to the time the bin is empty....and we are on a 9 month repayment....

How about some farm reps explain how they gushingly accepted loans from the federal government while businesses got interest free loans plus a grant?
    Last edited by bucket; Mar 28, 2020, 08:00.

Originally posted by bucket View Post
    Why are the farm groups not asking for the same 25 percent grant on loans?

Go out and borrow 100000 as an example ....get a year of interest free ...then only pay back 75 percent of the original loan?

Business have until 2022 to be in good standing to get the 25 percent grant....

Phuck sakes farmers are on a two year cycle to sell grain more or less by the time you start buying inputs to the time the bin is empty....and we are on a 9 month repayment....

How about some farm reps explain how the accepted loans from the federal government while businesses got interest free loans plus a grant?
    Looking at requirements, I don't see anything that prohibits ag producer from using the new loan/grant as long as they has 2019 payroll minimum of $50k. As I am a Lone Ranger, I don't qualify.

But I agree, farm groups are completely useless.

Comment

Do you guys now understand why saying we have to be businessmen. ...it is really stupid to say because we are not treated like businessmen....nor do we have the ear of government like businessmen do...

We are the peasants that will be the kickstarter for the economy .....

And are ignored and are there to be taken advantage of at the pleasure of governments and business people because our reps whether it be farm groups ....MLAs. ....or MPs....enjoy bullshitting us....
      Last edited by bucket; Mar 28, 2020, 08:08.

Comment

Originally posted by 15444 View Post
        Looking at requirements, I don't see anything that prohibits ag producer from using the new loan/grant as long as they has 2019 payroll minimum of $50k. As I am a Lone Ranger, I don't qualify.

But I agree, farm groups are completely useless.
        Is this the year we as farmer decide to get rid of some of the 'grower associations'? obviously the first to go is the canola growers and canola council. The canola council represents the grain buyers and retailers, NOT farmers, yet we pay for it. This is nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by MBgrower View Post
          Is this the year we as farmer decide to get rid of some of the 'grower associations'? obviously the first to go is the canola growers and canola council. The canola council represents the grain buyers and retailers, NOT farmers, yet we pay for it. This is nuts.
          The resolution to get our checkoff funding back from Saskpulse or to make it voluntary .. was soundly defeated at the AGM......

Here is some irony...farm groups that have employees working from home will qualify for the government handouts sooner than any payment or help will come for the farmers they supposedly represent....

So who are they really in business for??????

Comment

If businesses get an interest free loan and only repay 75 percent of the loan....how negative are rates already?????

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
              Look who will fill their pockets moroneaus wife and brother in law McCain !

And don't forget all their numbered companies...

Comment

Jerry says

Comment

It’s time to ask for our money back from every organization. Pulse needs a house cleaning as they are totally useless.

Then canola and finally wheat.

Paying these fools millions got us nothing but heart ache.

They get loans forgiven and we get loans at prime plus.

Why aren’t I put loans down to zero interest from Fcc.

All Trudeau announces was same as he had in his election platform more borrowing to Fcc

Comment

We needed some help and got loans for to compete against American farmers who get cash.

Yep that’s great negotiation skills

Comment

And Farma called me crazy when I suggested there should be no premiums for crop insurance and agstab !
                      Lol... I don't remember that, but if you say so.... I won't deny it!

Comment

Bit cryptic, but what are they saying about crop insurance?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/alberta-government-grabs-disaster-funds-for-covid-19-agriculture-relief-1.5511865 https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/alberta-government-grabs-disaster-funds-for-covid-19-agriculture-relief-1.5511865

Comment

Where's Wiseguy's original post that Farma responded to? Was it deleted or on another thread? Same applies to Bucket responding to Wiseguy's post, original gone?

Comment

Through all of this craziness the occasional thought of Arthur Carlson comes to mind. ..

"""As lord is my witness....I thought turkeys could fly"""

A few conservative turkeys should be thrown out...

Comment

Bucket if I got a drive a combine to ottawa I am driving a John Deere not a massey !
                              Yup you can trade it off at every dealership if it makes it....

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.