• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

government overreach

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

government overreach

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/british-columbia/article-bc-assumes-power-to-take-over-supply-chains-amid-covid-19/ https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/british-columbia/article-bc-assumes-power-to-take-over-supply-chains-amid-covid-19/

I was wondering when governments would start taking control of parts of the economy. You know its always going to be the left wing governments starting, so BC is the first.

The Trudeau liberals will be not far behind. They tried this week but were held back. Thank God.

When food becomes scarce in stores and people start rioting, food will become the next to become "nationalized". Welcome to the new Canadian Wheat Board. of course it will be only the west again because Justin know that the French will riot and the east always votes for him so has nothing to lose.

I truly hope I'm wrong, but there are those even here that will welcome these new powers.

God help us all.

Originally posted by tmyrfield View Post
    https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/british-columbia/article-bc-assumes-power-to-take-over-supply-chains-amid-covid-19/ https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/british-columbia/article-bc-assumes-power-to-take-over-supply-chains-amid-covid-19/

I was wondering when governments would start taking control of parts of the economy. You know its always going to be the left wing governments starting, so BC is the first.

The Trudeau liberals will be not far behind. They tried this week but were held back. Thank God.

When food becomes scarce in stores and people start rioting, food will become the next to become "nationalized". Welcome to the new Canadian Wheat Board. of course it will be only the west again because Justin know that the French will riot and the east always votes for him so has nothing to lose.

I truly hope I'm wrong, but there are those even here that will welcome these new powers.

God help us all.
    If you are the one hoarding supplies, then you are responsible for government actions. These measures don't happen in a vacuum. No one wants government to control everything.

Comment

Originally posted by tmyrfield View Post

God help us all.
      Since you started the post, what would you do differently? What do you do with some dick head buying 1000 lysol wipe jugs and selling them for 50$ a pop? Or running out of PPE for hospital staff? Or start looking for temporary care facilities to convert after your run out of hospital space.

This place is short on answers, high on critique.

Comment

My question is why do "by the sounds of it "all hospitals don't have enough supplies for this? We have had sars and other things that the heads of these places are paid well to make sure they have everything and they don't!

Comment

A lot of it expires and being a govt run hispital they have to adhere to it , we know its just a scam to keep selling but .....
          Most comes from china is another reason , that stopped in january
          They use a lot everday

Comment

Originally posted by Robertbarlage View Post
            My question is why do "by the sounds of it "all hospitals don't have enough supplies for this? We have had sars and other things that the heads of these places are paid well to make sure they have everything and they don't!
            This pandemic is raging in 6 of the G7 countries, US, Italy, France, UK, Germany and Canada.
            What is it about a system that can print billons when needed to stabilize the markets but still have a shortage of masks and ventilators? Health care is 18% of most nations GDP. Where is the money going?

Comment

agreed jazz, and as a lot of people are finding out ,as a certain politician has been saying for 4 years , "its not good to depend on one country for everything you need" sure is ringing true now

Comment

Here we go again, touting the reverse capitalist theory again. It was all good 40 years ago companies leaving the USA to China, now not so good so let's bring it back to USA.

Confused "so called" capitalist follow the words of the guy who went bankrupt six times.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                  A lot of it expires and being a govt run hispital they have to adhere to it , we know its just a scam to keep selling but .....
                  Most comes from china is another reason , that stopped in january
                  They use a lot everday
                  "Our emergency room was like a petri dish,” said Benny Mathew, a nurse at Montefiore Medical Center who got word Thursday that he had COVID-19 and is now worried he may infect his wife and two daughters.

“I'm angry. We could have secured enough personal protective equipment months ago. It was happening in China since December,” he said. "But we thought it was never going to happen here.”

Some still think its not a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
                    Here we go again, touting the reverse capitalist theory again. It was all good 40 years ago companies leaving the USA to China, now not so good so let's bring it back to USA.

Confused "so called" capitalist follow the words of the guy who went bankrupt six times.
                    i just don't think it is good for any country to be dependent on china that much, do you ??

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                      i just don't think it is good for any country to be dependent on china that much, do you ??
                      Especially when a country like china plays by their own -anti-capitalist rules? Like nationalizing (foreign) companies and commandeering their production?

Of course it wasn't smart. But rather than being a commentary on capitalism, it speaks in judgment of blind greed, a not-so-fine point usually overlooked by most.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/13/business/masks-china-coronavirus.html https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/13/business/masks-china-coronavirus.html

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                        This pandemic is raging in 6 of the G7 countries, US, Italy, France, UK, Germany and Canada.
                        What is it about a system that can print billons when needed to stabilize the markets but still have a shortage of masks and ventilators? Health care is 18% of most nations GDP. Where is the money going?
                        The U.S. spends twice Canada on healthcare and they are even less prepared. It is not money, it is lack of planning.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...