• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are the payments repayable?????

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are the payments repayable?????

The average citizen is getting direct payments from the government ...some businesses as well....

Are they repayable?

Seems farmers are getting loans or extensions to loans....mostly something that should have been done when our crisis hit last October but the government ignored.

So have farm groups ignored the opportunity to get things right instead they praise the government for fulfilling a promise from the election....like WTF?????...

My MP isn't going to listen to my idea of putting intelligent Canadians out of work back to work on farms to replace TFWs...maybe they could learn a new skill set...

Nope we are going to give money to Canadians to sit on their ass while TFW do the work...

There is a bad feeling that most Canadians feel they are above sweeping a floor.... when that happens it exemplifies how China became a powerhouse and will again....because they want to work...

We can not sustain our standard of living if no one wants to actually work...and be responsible with the little they do earn...

People living in a $500000 dollar homes and receiving financial aid from the government will no longer have the ability to look down their nose at farmers....maybe there is something positive ought of all this....

Maybe they won't be so quick to judge farmers when shit hits the fan....

Although our conservatives certainly missed the opportunity to fix what they phucked up under Yerry....

More money coming for oil companies as well...I can understand that ...maybe they will be treated like SNC or Bombardier or Air Canada ...

I am in a shit mood because western MPs had a responsibilty to represent their constituents and they failed....

Comment

Bucket, you have to give it a rest man, you're going to give yourself a brain bleed and there will be no room in the ICU for you. No, this financial help does not need to be repaid.
      What I find funny about this is that apparently no one has any equity built up in their businesses so that they could go to the banks and borrow for some short term help, just like farmers and ranchers do.
      You can't tell me the big three auto makers or the airlines don't have some assets that they could use to secure short term help.

Comment

Jade you hit the nail on the head big business are worth billions on paper but real assets they have piss all. Same with all my neighbours in the city most are so far in debt it's not even funny.

Comment

Why give it a rest? It’s the truth this is a forum
          To get things right this has to be corrected. Explain
          Why it’s different then any other business that is
          Getting all these handouts all the time not just now.

Our conservative heroes said it was easy to stop
          The power grab so why didn’t they stop this and
          Demand a similar cash payout for everything
          From lost sales to what’s coming here also shit
          Programs they helped destroy.

Comment

Originally posted by Misterjade9 View Post
            Bucket, you have to give it a rest man, you're going to give yourself a brain bleed and there will be no room in the ICU for you. No, this financial help does not need to be repaid.
            What I find funny about this is that apparently no one has any equity built up in their businesses so that they could go to the banks and borrow for some short term help, just like farmers and ranchers do.
            You can't tell me the big three auto makers or the airlines don't have some assets that they could use to secure short term help.
            I will be fine....thanks for the concern...every time I hear our farm reps on the radio gushing on another loan or thanking Trudeau....for those couple of minutes there could be a brain bleed...

But its good to exercise the heart rate occasionally... farmers in general should be outraged....thats my point....

Comment

Give it a rest big wheel the conservatives are long gone it's skippy and the liberals backed by a sick group of Block and NDP and Green. This isn't a democracy any more.

Yes, it's a great place for a discussion but most on here myself included would be killed off if skippy and crew actually succeeded and get their world gov. We would be marched out in a field told to kneel down and then lights out never to be heard from again. Sinister years ago I wouldn't believe but now it's coming and coming fast.

A few want us all to work and they will run the world.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                Give it a rest big wheel the conservatives are long gone it's skippy and the liberals backed by a sick group of Block and NDP and Green. This isn't a democracy any more.

Yes, it's a great place for a discussion but most on here myself included would be killed off if skippy and crew actually succeeded and get their world gov. We would be marched out in a field told to kneel down and then lights out never to be heard from again. Sinister years ago I wouldn't believe but now it's coming and coming fast.

But somewhere in the 100s of billions that trudeau handed out ...don't you think the conservatives could have asked for something more substantial than more loans for farmers...

Phuck sakes they could have defeated the government on this....they had the power to do something for their farmer constituents...they did SFA......Joe Clark was dismissed from the PM's job for less.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post

Stop being so narrow minded and such a conservative suck for once
                  And don’t ever come in here whining like you always do every spring
                  About how we’re getting fkd which is correct but we get fkd because
                  We give our votes away to the conservatives for absolutely nothing in.
                  Return then look all shellshocked when they get in and they actually make
                  Things worse than they are. The loans are not the answer I have to ask
                  When they defer all those cash advances is that because there is no grain
                  To back it? I believe it is the case.

You talk about the Ndp all the time yet conservatives can’t be challenged?
                  The only reason we don’t get treated the way we should is the narrow minded
                  Shallow brained farmers.

Comment

Approaching two weeks since the start of this shit show and Leons yesterday saying 1/2 employees gone, not temporarily, 72 stores closed and bankruptcy likely next. Just the start. Government supporting people to survive, which won't work long term. Businesses, particularly small, are pretty much on their own and going to die in droves. Layoffs permanent. Plus people are going to lose their shit cooped up inside. Remember, we live in a world where people demand vacations and old people expect snowbird status. Entitled ****s who will eventually disobey government orders and then the fun begins.

Just enjoy the show. The new season of 'New York: ICU' is really good and the new show 'New York: Morgue' is getting hot fast. Canada's own killer shows are coming later this spring, just being setback on the timeline a bit by a government who is a bit too fragile handle the content.

Comment

We have a new tridum grain trailer that needs to get repainted because of a **** up. The company has no employees now and is in restructuring mode. Yes, a trailer is a priority. But we're told we have to wait. Shit is going south and it's not the conservatives fault big wheel it the liberal shit show.

Comment

Big Wheel, I meant that personally for Bucket, I don't want to see him stressed right out. Maybe I am looking at this wrong but what if the government instead of just handing out money, guaranteed loans to these small businesses so that they could make payroll even while they were closed. Then nobody would have to be laid off, would be less strain on the EI system and even if some of these loans are defaulted on it becomes the same as just handing out the money. The majority of people will try and pay it back and the government gets some of it's money back, now it is just gone

Comment

Here is a fact. ...

Peter Mackay isn't sharp enough to fix this listing ship. ....

That would be a job for Harper. ...

Don't like my analysis....fair enough ...but Harper does know how to bring things back level....with the right team....

Comment

Originally posted by Misterjade9 View Post
                            Big Wheel, I meant that personally for Bucket, I don't want to see him stressed right out. Maybe I am looking at this wrong but what if the government instead of just handing out money, guaranteed loans to these small businesses so that they could make payroll even while they were closed. Then nobody would have to be laid off, would be less strain on the EI system and even if some of these loans are defaulted on it becomes the same as just handing out the money. The majority of people will try and pay it back and the government gets some of it's money back, now it is just gone
                            That is what the 300 billion was for when the government announced the initial 10 billion...

Comment

The payments are just enough to prevent the peasants from rioting in the streets. Too much of a payment and the citiots would blow it on non-essentials. Be grateful for those payments, they are preventing truckloads of marauders from coming to see what you have stocked in your freezer/fuel tanks/bins. The economic devastation is going to be far worse than the risk of dying from this.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.