Real or not ??

Commodity Marketing

Tools

Real or not ??

Mar 25, 2020 | 20:19 1 https://www.gov.uk/guidance/high-consequence-infectious-diseases-hcid Reply With Quote
Mar 25, 2020 | 20:21 2 Reply With Quote
Mar 25, 2020 | 23:45 3 I’d say real in terms of policy. Governments are struggling under the load of COVID.

To put it frankly, and not that I endorse it, every govt today is struggling under the weight of an aging elderly population and associated health care costs. If a few million of the worlds population over 80 die, lots of govts would breath a sigh of relief. The cost of that type of policy is a lot less than trying to put a million into ICU.

Trump is taking things to an extreme and if he puts everyone back to work too soon could risk a massive US outbreak. He’s not that crazy too risk it. I bet he holds off until closer to 3rd week in April.

As a side note I keep saying this is like burning stubble. We have had a few big ones get away and when they are roaring across the field it seems like the world will burn down, but then suddenly it hits the fire break and it is done Faster than it started. COVID is the fire. In my opinion We will see things get back to normal in a few weeks. Just in time for my second quarantine on the tractor.

Be safe everyone. Reply With Quote

• Mar 26, 2020 | 07:06 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Ache4Acres View Post
    I’d say real in terms of policy. Governments are struggling under the load of COVID.

To put it frankly, and not that I endorse it, every govt today is struggling under the weight of an aging elderly population and associated health care costs. If a few million of the worlds population over 80 die, lots of govts would breath a sigh of relief. The cost of that type of policy is a lot less than trying to put a million into ICU.

Trump is taking things to an extreme and if he puts everyone back to work too soon could risk a massive US outbreak. He’s not that crazy too risk it. I bet he holds off until closer to 3rd week in April.

As a side note I keep saying this is like burning stubble. We have had a few big ones get away and when they are roaring across the field it seems like the world will burn down, but then suddenly it hits the fire break and it is done Faster than it started. COVID is the fire. In my opinion We will see things get back to normal in a few weeks. Just in time for my second quarantine on the tractor.

Be safe everyone.
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/cor...iors-1.5510079

"Politicians who consider sacrificing the old for the sake of the economy face a backlash"

Yet, in wartime, it was the young men who sacrificed their lives by the hundreds of thousands,

Life hands out some darn tough dilemmas. Sometimes reality just takes over.

I am in the over-60 bracket, as are maybe the majority of farmers and posters here. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• GDR
    Mar 26, 2020 | 07:45 5 Boy did this thread title disappoint me. I was expecting trivia about Boob jobs! Reply With Quote

• Mar 26, 2020 | 07:50 6
    Quote Originally Posted by GDR View Post
    Boy did this thread title disappoint me. I was expecting trivia about Boob jobs!
    Well there is a lot of “fake” things out there lol , was just curious if this article was legit and the UK has down graded the seriousness of this virus or not . Reply With Quote
    Mar 26, 2020 | 07:54 7
    I’d say real in terms of policy. Governments are struggling under the load of COVID.

Be safe everyone.
    Hope you are right ! Lots of people want to get back to a new normal. Reply With Quote
    Mar 26, 2020 | 08:20 8

To put it frankly, and not that I endorse it, every govt today is struggling under the weight of an aging elderly population and associated health care costs. If a few million of the worlds population over 80 die, lots of govts would breath a sigh of relief.

Then why didn't they just let it run rampant? Reply With Quote
    Mar 26, 2020 | 08:30 9
    Quote Originally Posted by littledoggie View Post
    Then why didn't they just let it run rampant?
    You obviously have not heard that there are an alarming number of younger people in ICU. Reply With Quote
    Mar 26, 2020 | 08:32 10 Political suicide that’s why. That’s the reason trump is backing off his hard stance. He will get everyone back early and the rest will follow. The economic impact of this is enormous and not sustainable Reply With Quote
    Mar 28, 2020 | 06:45 11 I am glad to hear many drugs and combinations are working. Just like Trump said, the combined drugs give hope that we can get a handle on the virus. Canada will be rolled into the fetal position with Trudeau holed up at the cottage figuring out ways to kill our economy long after Trump has US percolating. Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes

• Mar 28, 2020 | 08:37 12 Be fun to watch Brazil on the other end of the spectrum. They aren't doing a thing other than letting nature take its course.

Bolsonaro said people are going to die, it's a fact of life. Quit being a bunch of pussies. We can't afford to **** up the economy with quarantine. You might die, I might die and life will go on.

Then you have the cartels and drug gangs that are going door to door handing out hand sanitizer and face masks.

So you have Brazil on one end of spectrum, Canada on the other and US in the middle. My bets are US comes out strongest of all. But maybe Brazil if they don't waste money trying to save 80 year olds. Reply With Quote
    Mar 28, 2020 | 08:48 13
    Quote Originally Posted by agstar77 View Post
    You obviously have not heard that there are an alarming number of younger people in ICU.
    You do know there are floors of babies in NICUs all over the world? People get sick at any age and for just about any reason. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Blaithin's Avatar Mar 28, 2020 | 21:54 14
    Quote Originally Posted by GDR View Post
    Boy did this thread title disappoint me. I was expecting trivia about Boob jobs!
    http://www.buzzerco.com/BBB.htm Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Mar 28, 2020 | 22:35 15
    Quote Originally Posted by jazz View Post
    You do know there are floors of babies in NICUs all over the world? People get sick at any age and for just about any reason.
    So which ones will you keep in the ICU, cov-19 patients or babies? There are only so many ICU s and ICU nurses. Reply With Quote
    GDR
    Mar 28, 2020 | 22:48 16
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaithin View Post
    http://www.buzzerco.com/BBB.htm
    That's more like it, Agriville never let's us down!😁 Reply With Quote

• Mar 28, 2020 | 23:14 17
    Quote Originally Posted by agstar77 View Post
    So which ones will you keep in the ICU, cov-19 patients or babies? There are only so many ICU s and ICU nurses.
    Babies of course. I think any reasonable 80 yr old wouldn't take a babies spot. But babies have their own ICU so doubt it would come to that. Reply With Quote
    Mar 28, 2020 | 23:30 18
    Quote Originally Posted by wiseguy View Post
    15/20
    17/20

Can I try blind folded and only use one hand. Reply With Quote

• Mar 29, 2020 | 00:10 19
    Quote Originally Posted by farmaholic View Post
    17/20

Can I try blind folded and only use one hand.
    Definitely use two hands.

18 out of 20, I got 9 and 20 wrong. Need more practice apparently, going to ask permission... Reply With Quote
    Blaithin's Avatar Mar 29, 2020 | 10:31 20
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
    Definitely use two hands.

18 out of 20, I got 9 and 20 wrong. Need more practice apparently, going to ask permission...
    Everyone who’s said which ones they got wrong seem to get 9 wrong. Sneaky pair! Reply With Quote
    Mar 29, 2020 | 10:32 21
    Everyone who’s said which ones they got wrong seem to get 9 wrong. Sneaky pair!
    How did you do? And thanks for adding some levity to agriville, has been somewhat depressing place lately. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Blaithin's Avatar Mar 29, 2020 | 10:48 22 I got 17/20.

9, 20 and one other one I can’t remember. Reply With Quote

• Mar 29, 2020 | 11:26 23
    I got 17/20.

9, 20 and one other one I can’t remember.
    That makes me feel better about my performance then.

My plan has backfired , I explained to my wife that I need to study for this exam , And when I asked for permission, I learned there is such a thing called parental controls for Google , And if I'm not careful agriville will be put on the same list as that website.
    So it looks like I will have to stick with hands on research for now on. Looking for volunteers. Reply With Quote
    LEP
    Mar 29, 2020 | 11:31 24 I feel proud, I got 19/20. Only number 6 wrong. Glad I am good at something. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Mar 29, 2020 | 11:36 25 17 out of 20 , good exercise for the brain!
    Last edited by caseih; Mar 29, 2020 at 11:40.
  • 2 Likes

• Blaithin's Avatar Mar 29, 2020 | 11:42 26

My plan has backfired , I explained to my wife that I need to study for this exam , And when I asked for permission, I learned there is such a thing called parental controls for Google , And if I'm not careful agriville will be put on the same list as that website.
    So it looks like I will have to stick with hands on research for now on. Looking for volunteers.
    I have a couple other visual quizzes on a similar vein but they're purely photographic mediums. No URL to offer a layer of protection to those who don't want to partake in the quiz. As such I'm not sure they're quite Agriville material.

Obviously when faced with self isolation, men make up quizzes about breasts Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes

• Mar 29, 2020 | 11:49 27
    Quote Originally Posted by LEP View Post
    I feel proud, I got 19/20. Only number 6 wrong. Glad I am good at something.
    Good work, that must have required years of grueling practice, dedication and hardwork. Probably gives you a whole new appreciation for professional athletes and Olympians. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Mar 29, 2020 | 13:35 28

So it looks like I will have to stick with hands on research for now on. Looking for volunteers.
    17/20 here. Obviously out of practice.

Isn’t it easier to ask for forgiveness than permission? Where do you find “volunteers” ?? Asking for a friend....... Reply With Quote

• Mar 29, 2020 | 15:16 29
    Quote Originally Posted by woodland View Post
    17/20 here. Obviously out of practice.

Isn’t it easier to ask for forgiveness than permission? Where do you find “volunteers” ?? Asking for a friend.......
    Well, judging by the complete lack of volunteers who have come forward so far, I am beginning to suspect that agriville was not the best place to look for volunteers. Although in hindsight, it may be just as well, given the demogrphics of this group.
    And since this is my go to source for information, I am stumped about how else to recruit volunteers. Reply With Quote
    Mar 29, 2020 | 15:25 30 19/20

I knew better but I really wanted #5 to be real. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like