• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sask. 100% COVID-19 Infected by May 20,2020

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sask. 100% COVID-19 Infected by May 20,2020

Anyone done the math? Infected are doubling every 4 days...following the same path of Spain and Italy. If the same trajectory keeps going, the entire population is infected by May 20th.

Mortality rate is 3.4% means 35.000 dead just in our province in the next 2 months. The upside is everyone who lives should be immune to it.

Let’s hope we flatten the curve....

Originally posted by Crestliner View Post
    Anyone done the math? Infected are doubling every 4 days...following the same path of Spain and Italy. If the same trajectory keeps going, the entire population is infected by May 20th.

Mortality rate is 3.4% means 35.000 dead just in our province in the next 2 months. The upside is everyone who lives should be immune to it.

Starting to believe this cuz people are idiots.
    Humboldt still a gong show the daughters say..
    People side by side at food stores grabbing stuff..

Comment

Originally posted by Crestliner View Post

Its loons like you that will end up giving Skippy emergency powers. The number of infections worldwide may already be starting to flatten. Its hard to see in the raw numbers but if you plot the increase in cases on a log scale it looks like it is turning down. Another couple of days will either confirm that or confirm that I'm full of shit.

SK might end up 100% infected in 2 months but the rest of your numbers are garbage. Herd immunity is what eventually stops this thing and worldwide that's already building. That's people who don't even know they're sick but recover and subsequently carry the antibodies. The 3.5% mortality is against reported cases - just a WAG on my part but I doubt 10% of the actual cases ever get identified. That puts the actual mortality against total infections less than 1/2 a percent.

There's also something happening with chloroquine. Look at the JHU map of current cases and then look where malaria is endemic. I realize that's correlation not causation but there's enough studies starting to confirm or disprove that one in a matter of weeks, not months. If your choice is drowning in your own body fluid or being a guinea pig for a drug that already in the****utic use it doesn't take a genius to figure out which choice you'll make.

In the interim everyone who spreads the scary message just moves us closer to martial law. Even Rona Ambrose - who I thought had a pretty decent brain - has fallen victim to the BS. Skippy et al need to be held to account, not encouraged. They've been wrong at every turn so far. We're only as far in this mess as we are because of their inaction, virtue signalling and vitriolic attacks on anyone who dared disagree with them.

Comment

Originally posted by bobofthenorth View Post
        Its loons like you that will end up giving Skippy emergency powers. The number of infections worldwide may already be starting to flatten. Its hard to see in the raw numbers but if you plot the increase in cases on a log scale it looks like it is turning down. Another couple of days will either confirm that or confirm that I'm full of shit.

SK might end up 100% infected in 2 months but the rest of your numbers are garbage. Herd immunity is what eventually stops this thing and worldwide that's already building. That's people who don't even know they're sick but recover and subsequently carry the antibodies. The 3.5% mortality is against reported cases - just a WAG on my part but I doubt 10% of the actual cases ever get identified. That puts the actual mortality against total infections less than 1/2 a percent.

There's also something happening with chloroquine. Look at the JHU map of current cases and then look where malaria is endemic. I realize that's correlation not causation but there's enough studies starting to confirm or disprove that one in a matter of weeks, not months. If your choice is drowning in your own body fluid or being a guinea pig for a drug that already in the****utic use it doesn't take a genius to figure out which choice you'll make.

In the interim everyone who spreads the scary message just moves us closer to martial law. Even Rona Ambrose - who I thought had a pretty decent brain - has fallen victim to the BS. Skippy et al need to be held to account, not encouraged. They've been wrong at every turn so far. We're only as far in this mess as we are because of their inaction, virtue signalling and vitriolic attacks on anyone who dared disagree with them.
        Facts are a bitch and let’s hope you are right on the prevention and chloroquine works to shorten Covid-19.

My message wasn’t to help Skippy, as he will phuck up just fine in his own, but to merely point out to everyone that this is the most serious thing we have had to confront in our lifetime and the consequences of not taking some care in how we conduct ourselves can have dire consequences.

Oh by the way you need 80% infected to get to herd immunity.....so mark May 15th on your calendar.
        Last edited by Crestliner; Mar 22, 2020, 22:09.

Comment

You can never be too safe, he'll protect you if you listen, or not... maybe he can't? This is going sideways. Stop, think for yourself and be reasonable. If you have immunity issues, then by all means avoid it. Does anyone get the feeling you are being treated like cattle and pushed through a gate giving up freedom? The herd will take you over the cliff. Someone has to say it, look what's going on, for yourself. People don't hoard because of a virus, they hoard because they are scared shitless of the regulation coming next, and that's the closure of stores. They have lost confidence in govt to protect and provide, even promises of helicopter money has people rushing to secure goods, are they expecting it to be more expensive tomorrow? Or unavailable? Free money should provide security but it's the complete opposite. Total fear. We need more handouts(sarcasm)

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
            Starting to believe this cuz people are idiots.
            Humboldt still a gong show the daughters say..
            People side by side at food stores grabbing stuff..
            It'll take a couple weeks to know if the efforts to flatten the curve have flattened the curve. What you are seeing right now from 2 weeks ago is the no effort at all to isolate.

Hope this helps.

Comment

On the cruise ship experiment, only 17% contracted the virus, highly unlikely that a sparsely populated province practicing social distancing is going to exceed the cruise ship.

Comment

B/s ..... life will go on

Comment

11 days since first case reported. No one knows when the first carrier entered the province. No one has died yet. Need a month at least to see what the outcome is for those who are positive.

More testing will discover more cases. Positives are 1.146% of tests performed so far. With good behavior it might stay there. With carelessness it might go over 2%. Other nations that have done extensive testing have come in at about 1-4% mortality for those testing positive.

In Italy, the country with the highest number who have died, the deaths are running at 2.1% of total tests and 9.26% of total infections. The virus has taken 66% more men than women. In Italy the deaths for those under 60 are running at .74% of total infections in one partial data set. Under 30-no deaths.

These results could be applied to a different jurisdiction based on the local demographic makeup and come up with some worst case forecasts. Unlike Italy I think a good portion of the elderly in this province have had good advance warning. That will be key to limiting deaths.

Comment

Saskatchewan total at 52 infected, 0 dead. From the numbers I see Saskatchewan and Manitoba are doing well. Majority of people seem to be taking the isolation/distancing seriously especially the old folks homes.

There will always be people who don’t cooperate unfortunately we had 11 doctors and 3 dentists that attended curling bonspiels and conferences and picked up the virus.

Comment

Trump weaponized the dollar, started a trade war and pissed them off in the South China Sea. China retaliated and are threatening to cut off pharmaceuticals to the US. 93% of the active pharmaceutical ingredients used by North America are manufactured by China. They have the west over a barrel. This could very well be WW3.
                      Last edited by biglentil; Mar 22, 2020, 23:18.

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
                        Trump weaponized the dollar, started a trade war and pissed them off in the South China Sea. China retaliated and are threatening to cut off pharmaceuticals to the US. 93% of the active pharmaceutical ingredients used by North America are manufactured by China. They have the west over a barrel. This could very well be WW3.
                        The country who built Liberty ships in as little as 4 days during WWII, who has virtually every conceivable resource, and who invented or holds the patents on many of the chemicals, can't repurpose facilities to make pharmaceutical ingredients?

More likely this will be the end of globalization, and the end of China having any hopes of becoming a super power, or even remaining a viable country.

Comment

Typed in, can those who have recovered from covid 19 return to normal life?

I need to refine the question to which I wanted to get an answer. What popped up from the query, the third post down on goggle, vox.com, although some would be turned off from reading its length, changed my mind from, this is serious, to this is very serious.

Do yourself a favour, even if you don't want to do the broader society one, please stay home.

Comment

Originally posted by checking View Post
                            Typed in, can those who have recovered from covid 19 return to normal life?

I need to refine the question to which I wanted to get an answer. What popped up from the query, the third post down on goggle, vox.com, although some would be turned off from reading its length, changed my mind from, this is serious, to this is very serious.

Do yourself a favour, even if you don't want to do the broader society one, please stay home.
                            Checking, right after that search you should have searched what vox is all about? Marxist news network.

Check your sources before you freak out.

Comment

Originally posted by bobofthenorth View Post

Most at risk group as far as largest numbers go are 60-79 year old males followed by 70-79 year old females, then 80-89 year old males. Mobility, time spent around others and state of health all have a bearing.
                              2018 Mortality for SK was 8.3/1000. 9684 deaths, all ages

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...