• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Small business can't survive a sales drop..?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small business can't survive a sales drop..?

Really how about a price drop in their product ....

All these small businesses that bitch about supporting farmers are sure putting their hand out and looking for their business to be made whole for employees and income....

I have been told on here that we are in an open and free market and only the strong survive....

Interesting how things change...

More than likely our checkoff groups will see support for staff because of this corvid 19....while farmers get SFA....

Not a word about agriculture in all the funding announcements...

One industry that's going to be spending in Canada revitalizing the economy...agriculture ...not a penny....or a mention...

I say we self isolate and not seed a crop....my taxes go to support people spending money out of country on holidays and helping them get home. ...bullshit. ...
    Last edited by bucket; Mar 18, 2020, 06:50.

Don't worry they are in fact thinking about you.
    Who do you think they plan on taxing the shit out of in any way shape and form they can think of to pay for all this .

Comment

Agree 100% bucket. If there is no help for farmers through all this or after it settles, blockade time!!! There was no money for agriculture before and now there are billions of dollars available to help every Tom, dick and Harry???? I don’t think the money is there but they will get it from somewhere eventually.

Comment

The Americans want strong farms they are going to get help. If Trudeau doesn’t address food and a healthy source he will have issues.

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarms View Post
          Don't worry they are in fact thinking about you.
          Who do you think they plan on taxing the shit out of in any way shape and form they can think of to pay for all this .
          That’s my thoughts too. I’m waiting patiently today for the provincial budget. See how much they are going to sock it to guy this time

Comment

Originally posted by TASFarms View Post
            That’s my thoughts too. I’m waiting patiently today for the provincial budget. See how much they are going to sock it to guy this time
            I think the sask budget is on hold but they are announcing some spending measures ...going back to the drawing board as to how to absolutely phuck farmers...

Moe will get away with it because farmers support the morons in the saskparty and won't even jokingly say they will vote NDP to get their attention...

Comment

I’m not the best at math but if canola dropped from $11.50 to $9.50 or 17.5%, wouldn’t that be equivalent to every small business closing for 2 months?

Something to think about while they have their hands out....

Comment

Originally posted by Herc View Post
                I’m not the best at math but if canola dropped from $11.50 to $9.50 or 17.5%, wouldn’t that be equivalent to every small business closing for 2 months?

And add in what the cdn dollar went down and it’s another 10% drop in price

Comment

Originally posted by Herc View Post

Yup but business people don't usually see it that way...while every one ******* about an adhoc payment to farmers ...I guess they are going to find out why they are needed once in a while...

The CBC showed a bunch of people that have paid taxes now they expect the government to help....aw shucks ....is all I can say to the simple people of the world...

Why not tell the shareholders to take the pain of a slowdown...farmers are told every time that we live in an open and free market ...figure it out .....same goes for the shareholders when they invest in companies...

or is this different...

Bottom Line...if every business is going to see money from the government and worse yet money to get people home that won't spend their money in Canada ....then farmers should be seeing something as well...

Comment

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/boeing-which-repurchased-over-100bn-stock-downgraded-bbb-seeks-short-term-bailout

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                      Really how about a price drop in their product ....

All these small businesses that bitch about supporting farmers are sure putting their hand out and looking for their business to be made whole for employees and income....

I have been told on here that we are in an open and free market and only the strong survive....

Interesting how things change...

More than likely our checkoff groups will see support for staff because of this corvid 19....while farmers get SFA....

Not a word about agriculture in all the funding announcements...

One industry that's going to be spending in Canada revitalizing the economy...agriculture ...not a penny....or a mention...

I say we self isolate and not seed a crop....my taxes go to support people spending money out of country on holidays and helping them get home. ...bullshit. ...
                      That is not correct, Trudeau's exact words this morning were " for primary agriculture producers we will boost Farm Credit Canada".

Comment

Giving employers a 10% wage subsidy payment so they will be able to keep employees working but if you are a farmer go get another loan.

Comment

$82 billion in subsidies buys a lot of votes in Toronto, Montreal and Maritimes but leaves the rest of us with a lot of debt.

Comment

Originally posted by Misterjade9 View Post
                            That is not correct, Trudeau's exact words this morning were " for primary agriculture producers we will boost Farm Credit Canada".
                            I heard that....what the phuck does that mean???????

Comment

Originally posted by Misterjade9 View Post
                              Giving employers a 10% wage subsidy payment so they will be able to keep employees working but if you are a farmer go get another loan.
                              If they lend it to you in the first place. Fcc is a joke lender for a small farm with new ideas.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...