• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone stuck?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone stuck?

Just curious if anyone is unable to get home? My folks are currently on the Norwegian Jewel around Fiji and can’t find a port to take them. Nobody is sick on board at least. They’ve been searching for five days and are now headed to Hawaii or Vancouver if that fails. Our ban kicks in April 2 so hopefully they get back before then.

I guess there was fist fights over who got the telephone first and the boat is in the news. Norwegian has been pathetic with communication but my folks are making the best of it.

How’s everyone else (SF3 CaseIH etc) making out? My uncle and aunt are driving back from Yuma today just in case the border closes. Stores are out of TP, cleaning supplies, meat, eggs, and milk. Chaos has arrived.

Be safe y’all. 😉

Co-op today...

Comment

Were flyin to toronto at 10 am
      Hope it goes ok
      Overnight in toronto then saskatoon tues mornin

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
        Were flyin to toronto at 10 am
        Hope it goes ok
        Overnight in toronto then saskatoon tues mornin
        Good luck , things changing very fast here at home

Comment

Hoping all Canadians can get home safely and quickly. I am all for the government helping Canadian citizens return. There should be a coordinated effort between Canada and USA to help return as many travellers as possible to North America.

Woodland - I have no idea who you are but given your posts here I am pretty damn sure your parents attitude, outlook and skill set will serve them well managing the situation. Maybe being on a Cruise will be the best place to ride this out. Keep us posted if you get news you wish to share...

RTK

Comment

Fly out next Saturday to Calgary overnight then home Sunday. If shit goes south I’ll drive our vehicle home.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
              Co-op today...
              That’s a nice little co-op in NB. Perplexes me is for the size of the city and general trading area there isn’t a lot of grocery items. Maybe they come to Lloyd more so.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                Fly out next Saturday to Calgary overnight then home Sunday. If shit goes south I’ll drive our vehicle home.
                You need to isolate for 14 days and risk picking Coronavirus up at the airport. Why wouldn’t you drive home???

Comment

Originally posted by poorboy View Post
                  You need to isolate for 14 days and risk picking Coronavirus up at the airport. Why wouldn’t you drive home???
                  I agree. If my folks show up in Vancouver their 14 day isolation will be completed on the boat and someone will run down and pick them up. Big airports are the last place I’d want to be now.

Safe travels

Comment

I see more restrictions coming yet.
                    From Washington and Ottawa.
                    This is just the beginning.
                    I'd come home RFN or wait till April?
                    We'll see.
                    All schools closed indefinitely here.
                    Talking September. Sucks, my son was in a treatment residence school.

By year end our govt will wish every oil well in the country was pumping. This is gonna hurt.

Comment

I would hop in your car 1st thing in the morn imo. Airports are a disaster these days and a week is a long time considering the situation. Take it for what it's worth.

Comment

Honestly, I think you should have been getting back to Canada today(Sunday), things don't look good for traveling or flying. If your driving, how much stuff will be closed down in 2 or 3 days time? Have already heard of one hotel chain closing it's doors for every single location they have. Hate to be on the road and get stranded without restaurants or lodging.

Comment

Have guns have food have gas and extra gas if have to drive we’re ready. Hahahha

. My regular flight Is Saturday into Calgary this is the second self quarantine as we are two weeks off the boat today.

If Trudeau changes things today I’ll reevaluate and then plan b or stick with plan a.

Looks like insurance companies are saying 10 days to get home. That’s skippy announcement today.

Ah fun times.

Comment

Have guns have food have gas and extra gas if have to drive we’re ready. Hahahha

. My regular flight Is Saturday into Calgary this is the second self quarantine as we are two weeks off the boat today.

If Trudeau changes things today I’ll reevaluate and then plan b or stick with plan a.

Looks like insurance companies are saying 10 days to get home. That’s skippy announcement today.

Ah fun times.
                            https://www.zerohedge.com/political/where-you-stop-where-you-stay-domestic-travel-restrictions-are-being-considered

Comment

Originally posted by woodland View Post
                              I agree. If my folks show up in Vancouver their 14 day isolation will be completed on the boat and someone will run down and pick them up. Big airports are the last place I’d want to be now.

Safe travels
                              Totally agree about airports. Yet Jason Kenny went to International airport Arrivals gate for a photo op to make security look bad. This is our provincial leader. Really?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...