• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Orphan wells

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orphan wells

Blurp on yahoo about alberta loaning cash to clean up wells, i cant believe in the comments half the people think we willingly let oil and gas on our property and why did we not say no.

Originally posted by makar View Post
    Blurp on yahoo about alberta loaning cash to clean up wells, i cant believe in the comments half the people think we willingly let oil and gas on our property and why did we not say no.
    They have no freaking clue.
    Encana is doing 40ac well pads now, may as well zone the Ag land as Heavy Industrial.

Comment

On the radio the next county is tax deficit due to oil not paying.

Comment

Originally posted by makar View Post
        On the radio the next county is tax deficit due to oil not paying.
        It gets pretty tricky for municipalities to collect tax arrears from these companies. No assets to attach a lien to.

Comment

Makar thanks for pointing that article out.

It’s obvious that most people have no idea of how the “rules” work in regards to leases, right of entry, and expropriation. Of course these same people would be the ones crying if the city comes to expropriate their house for a road or subway. I can see a dragline in the coal mine running 24/7 from my kitchen window that’s slowly destroying the countryside and my community and it sucks. It’s got to go somewhere (I get that) and I’m delusional if I think I could stop it.

P.S. We have several orphans on our place and they are a royal pain to collect outstanding payments from the province. I have no intention of “torching off the wellhead, selling it for scrap, and farming over it” as the crazies recommend. 😉

Comment

Originally posted by woodland View Post
            Makar thanks for pointing that article out.

It’s obvious that most people have no idea of how the “rules” work in regards to leases, right of entry, and expropriation. Of course these same people would be the ones crying if the city comes to expropriate their house for a road or subway. I can see a dragline in the coal mine running 24/7 from my kitchen window that’s slowly destroying the countryside and my community and it sucks. It’s got to go somewhere (I get that) and I’m delusional if I think I could stop it.

P.S. We have several orphans on our place and they are a royal pain to collect outstanding payments from the province. I have no intention of “torching off the wellhead, selling it for scrap, and farming over it” as the crazies recommend. 😉
            So, what does the reclamation of the coal mines involve? Drag the topsoil back, and it is productive farmland, just at a much lower elevation? Or a lake, or just a hole in the ground?

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
              So, what does the reclamation of the coal mines involve? Drag the topsoil back, and it is productive farmland, just at a much lower elevation? Or a lake, or just a hole in the ground?
              They are a ways behind on reclamation. They generally leave lakes for the end cuts (last dragline pass). Then they contour the ground somewhat, put back a couple meters of subsoil, and then the topsoil. You can go on google earth and look up “keephills generating station” and zoom out to get a birds eye view of it.

We don’t have the nicest ground to start with and after reclamation it’s close in production to before.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...