• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Talked to the border boys about US fuel

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talked to the border boys about US fuel

Talked to them this afternoon while doing commercial invoices.

No problem having US fuel hauled in. Gas, Colored or Clear.

Find a company that has been doing it because they will have to have an established credit/contingency fund set aside with CRA in case the company can't pay the taxes at the border, or something like that. Might need clarification on that point. He said the local MN Cenex Co-op is all good to go here locally.

Excise tax is 4 cents/L on diesel, 10 cents/L on gas.

GST at the border, and I think he said they have a form to remit PST.

No carbon tax. No memo has ever been issued to their office about collecting it, so they don't.

That's it. Check with your local US supplier about their ability to haul fuel into Canada and the border office you will be going through to just double check on PST remittance and carbon tax (some border crossings might be collecting it).

“He said the local MN Cenex Co-op is all good to go here locally.”

Does this mean they have been already hauling a fair amount of fuel north into Manitoba and Ontario?

Comment

Darn. Wish I wasn’t 650 km from the 49 th parallel. Stuck with the extortionists up here I guess.

Someone better try it and let us know how it goes. 😉

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
        “He said the local MN Cenex Co-op is all good to go here locally.”

Does this mean they have been already hauling a fair amount of fuel north into Manitoba and Ontario?
        I don't know about Manitoba, but here they do. One of the local enterprising white man natives has a fuel depot he built on the reserve and stores US fuel, oil and propane, and then resells it mainly to tourist camps. Has his propane ticket so he does a pile of installs. Has his own trucks and barge, so he can go out to the camps on the islands. Maybe he supplies farms to, I don't know. He is a shining example of what an Indian (or at least a 1/2 blood) could be if they got off their ass. He does a lot of volunteer work too - supporter of 4-H clubs.

Click image for larger version

Name:	48418949_2346523748903226_8578868686071267328_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	769425
        Click image for larger version

Name:	18556121_1963225163899755_5635199694887262380_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	769426

Comment

Originally posted by 15444 View Post
          Talked to them this afternoon while doing commercial invoices.

No problem having US fuel hauled in. Gas, Colored or Clear.

Find a company that has been doing it because they will have to have an established credit/contingency fund set aside with CRA in case the company can't pay the taxes at the border, or something like that. Might need clarification on that point. He said the local MN Cenex Co-op is all good to go here locally.

Excise tax is 4 cents/L on diesel, 10 cents/L on gas.

GST at the border, and I think he said they have a form to remit PST.

No carbon tax. No memo has ever been issued to their office about collecting it, so they don't.

That's it. Check with your local US supplier about their ability to haul fuel into Canada and the border office you will be going through to just double check on PST remittance and carbon tax (some border crossings might be collecting it).
          Thanks !

Comment

I think I may have mentioned this before but I will bring it up again. On a trip down to Helena, on the highway near Havre there is a look out point where a plaque was posted. It told the story of the how the flow of the Missouri was deflected southward from Edmonton-bound to Helena-bound. Apparently with dynamite, the peace core diverted the flow. In times past, there were barges carrying goods inland into Alberta from the Mighty Mississippi. I wish I would have photographed that plaque. America was strategically aligned with Alberta long before we were around to witness it.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
              I think I may have mentioned this before but I will bring it up again. On a trip down to Helena, on the highway near Havre there is a look out point where a plaque was posted. It told the story of the how the flow of the Missouri was deflected southward from Edmonton-bound to Helena-bound. Apparently with dynamite, the peace core diverted the flow. In times past, there were barges carrying goods inland into Alberta from the Mighty Mississippi. I wish I would have photographed that plaque. America was strategically aligned with Alberta long before we were around to witness it.
              Hey SumDum not doubting you but are you thinking of the St. Mary/Milk river Diversion?
              Here's a great website; might take a fair bit of computing power to enjoy
              https://www.arcgis.com/apps/MapJournal/index.html?appid=5ffeef11555042e591e595f7f06f7e03 https://www.arcgis.com/apps/MapJournal/index.html?appid=5ffeef11555042e591e595f7f06f7e03

Comment

I’m sure bucket is ok with that 😊

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...