• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Game-Changing Crash . . . .

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

I came across an interesting article on global news. It is written by Michael Levy: "Business Report: Canada's stock market is the second worst performer in the world next to Venezuala." Certainly a sobering read and for those of you who believe Canadian governments are doing a great job, better than Trump, you really need to read this article. Keep in mind I am in no way shape or form a fan of Trump!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
        I came across an interesting article on global news. It is written by Michael Levy: "Business Report: Canada's stock market is the second worst performer in the world next to Venezuala." Certainly a sobering read and for those of you who believe Canadian governments are doing a great job, better than Trump, you really need to read this article. Keep in mind I am in no way shape or form a fan of Trump!!!!

Don't warn anyone that's willing to buy Canadian, encourage it. It ends up being less about converting everyone and more to serving them to the wolves. Society is so split politically that the arguement isn't worth it. Just smile and nod and say "you should buy more" and leave it at that. When it crashes, encourage more buying because it's cheap. Trust me, never argue a trade or anything market related. In due time everyone knows whose right and wrong. Nothing is more humbling then having your political beliefs go to zero.

Comment

I keep looking at Trudeau and our govt and I cant believe this is real. It cant be. Not a single economic policy in 4 years. Basically grind it all down and ramp up the debt while squeezing every institution and pitting region and people against each other. This just cant be a fluke. Has to be by design.

Maybe Justin is the first Greta, a patsy manchurian candidate recruited by marxist factions behind the scenes driven by his own narcisistic impulses to live up to his name with a complicit media to back him up. Maybe while we werent looking the deep state slipped into Canada and took over.

I mean take a look at the guys twitter account. Its just straight out lies and propaganda like out of Nazi germany. Something out of an alternate universe.

Click image for larger version

Name:	jt.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	769427
          Last edited by jazz; Feb 28, 2020, 22:44.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
            I keep looking at Trudeau and our govt and I cant believe this is real. It cant be. Not a single economic policy in 4 years. Basically grind it all down and ramp up the debt while squeezing every institution and pitting region and people against each other. This just cant be a fluke. Has to be by design.

Maybe Justin is the first Greta, a patsy manchurian candidate recruited by marxist factions behind the scenes driven by his own narcisistic impulses to live up to his name with a complicit media to back him up. Maybe while we werent looking the deep state slipped into Canada and took over.

I mean take a look at the guys twitter account. Its just straight out lies and propaganda like out of Nazi germany. Something out of an alternate universe.

[ATTACH]5654[/ATTACH]
            See what they think after the loonie moves...

Comment

Originally posted by macdon02 View Post
              Bottom in grains. Buy with both hands.
              Wow, so far that looks like it was a million dollar call, well done. What is your time frame(s)? A few days for a dead cat bounce, or multiple years, we have seen the bottom of the cycle?

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                Very disturbing and all too accurate.

You couldn't craft a better plan to destroy a wealthy, benevolent country than what our diabolical, mentally unfit prime minstrel has done to us.

Comment

I don’t for one second believe Trudeau is smart enough to plan this. Reality is he is a stupid man. But like all actors he gets a script and studies on personal days then come on stage.

At the beginning I thought this can’t be happening in canada but ever day he is in power you see canada is getting dismantled and a UN state is being prepared.

Next it’s ag then guns then a total UN take over.

Welcome to the fourth rite.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
                    Hamlock: So I found the article you reference. Did you notice the date on the article? It was more than 2 years old and was based on data ending in 2017. Do you realize that the TSX is heavily weighted in energy stocks and do you remember the global meltdown in energy prices that happened shortly before this article would be printed.

I hear over and over posters claiming "it all depends on the date you start" when talking about if global tempertatures are rising or not, yet you pull out an article written at a down turn of TSX stock pricing to rationalize a claim Canada economy is second worst in the world. Try looking at this 20 year chart of TSX stock prices. https://web.tmxmoney.com/charting.php?qm_symbol=^TSX https://web.tmxmoney.com/charting.php?qm_symbol=^TSX

Draw a trend line on the chart over the last 20 years and you will get a better look at performance.

Comment

And the price of land, well, stable to up slightly. 7% per year average - just like the last 50 years.

In case you forgot, this is why we farm. Good luck with that stock market thingy.

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
                        And the price of land, well, stable to up slightly. 7% per year average - just like the last 50 years.

In case you forgot, this is why we farm. Good luck with that stock market thingy.
                        LOL. Tell that to the guy that started farming and bought land in 1981. LOL Tread water for 32 years till he finally got the loan paid off if he wasn't bk first

Comment

Originally posted by dmlfarmer View Post
                          Draw a trend line on the chart over the last 20 years and you will get a better look at performance.
                          The TSX is just about the same level as it was 10 yrs ago. In 2015 it just about touched the levels from 2000. It is a very flat and poorly diversified index which wouldn't be a problem if we actually developed our resources like other countries do. Instead we have to settle for mediocre everything and pretend. Canada has no tech or consumer staples industry nor health care or industrials of any magnitude. Its all real estate and lending for it and energy.

Since 2016 when Trump was elected, the US index has provided twice the returns the TSX. Shows what a real economy can do when its turned loose.

Click image for larger version

Name:	tsx.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	769429
                          Last edited by jazz; Feb 29, 2020, 08:56.

Comment

The TSX is just about the same level as it was 10 yrs ago. In 2015 it just about touched the levels from 2000. It is a very flat and poorly diversified index which wouldn't be a problem if we actually developed our resources like other countries do. Instead we have to settle for mediocre everything and pretend. Canada has no tech or consumer staples industry nor health care or industrials of any magnitude. Its all real estate and lending for it and energy.

Since 2016 when Trump was elected, the US index has provided twice the returns the TSX. Shows what a real economy can do when its turned loose.

[ATTACH]5656[/ATTACH]
                            But you ignore the fact that Trump will have increased the debt in the US by over 5 Trillion dollars by the end of his first term. You ignore the massive tax breaks he handed corporate America. Both reasons for inflated stock values. You ignore sentiment that believes the US is doing great, therefore driving investment and instead you continually expose negative sentiment any time you can about Canada. With all the whining, why would investors flock here.

And I love your claim " In 2015 it just about touched the levels from 2000." I note the Conservatives held power from 2006 to 2015, the majority of the time of flat growth so how is this all the fault of Liberals?

Comment

Originally posted by dmlfarmer View Post
                              so how is this all the fault of Liberals?
                              Our debt has increase too, its all dumped on the provinces and consumer debt ie housing.

Take a better look at the chart. Canada was in lock step with the US economy until Obama got in and started his US divergence from Canada by attacking our main exports and now Trudeau has accelerated it. Only reason we are hanging on at all is that Nafta from 30yrs ago.

Comment

Our debt has increase too, its all dumped on the provinces and consumer debt ie housing.

Take a better look at the chart. Canada was in lock step with the US economy until Obama got in and started his US divergence from Canada by attacking our main exports and now Trudeau has accelerated it. Only reason we are hanging on at all is that Nafta from 30yrs ago.
                                You look at the chart again and you will see in 2015 when Trudeau was first elected the divergence actually began decreasing but in 2016 when Trump got in is when it started accelerating. So that brings in to question your claim as to if it was actually Trudeau or Trump which has been a bigger factor in the divergence.
                                Last edited by dmlfarmer; Feb 29, 2020, 09:49.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...