• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bombardier sells train unit as well....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bombardier sells train unit as well....

So is any politician asking for a ROI on the billions spent of taxpayers money ....or were the jobs the payback....

If that's the case then sending billions to farmers in western Canada could have the same economic return ...probably more....

BUT....wtf do I know except the Quebec family has money for generations from the taxpayers of this country.

So is this corporate parasite now reduced to snowmobiles and atvs?
    New snowmobiles are pushing $20k now for the top models! Can’t see that being sustainable.

Comment

The family still has an ownership stake, but the atv/skidoo line was spun off in 03.

"In 2003, Bombardier Inc. sold its Recreational Products Division to a group of investors: Bain Capital (50%), the Bombardier family (35%), and the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (15%)."

Comment

So I believe all that is left of this company is the arm that produces private jets. Not a fan but it is a glaring example of how governments can be convinced to make bad investments. If a private business needs a government bail out should it be allowed to fail?

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
          So I believe all that is left of this company is the arm that produces private jets. Not a fan but it is a glaring example of how governments can be convinced to make bad investments. If a private business needs a government bail out should it be allowed to fail?
          Yes because it's only a bandaid to stop the bleeding.
          Just like Chyrsler and GM.should have let them fold..

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
            Good questions. ....

Is giving an irrigation district 75 million in assets for a buck and still funding them 40 bucks an acre for 5 years a good investment. ..and still have the government replacing pipe because of poor engineering....

Comment

It’s not a good idea but you can’t move land so it will be there for ever just like g3 elevators

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...
              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.