• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quote of the week

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quote of the week

This is from a CBC article: "Going after Canada where it hurts the most: GTA rail blockade supports B.C. pipeline protest." The quote is from Sarah Rotz, a professor at York University who's been supporting and helping to organize the protests. The quote "Settlers need to stop and listen." She goes on to discuss that it is not up to the Canadian government to decide what resource projects go across Indigeneous lands. But I am curious do any of you consider yourself a settler in Canada?

No....and what are the new immigrants called?????

Comment

I believe the latest terminology for all non Indians is Invader.. get it right eh?

Comment

Isn't it amusing that our post nation, all inclusive, equal rights for everyone leader is the one who has been overseen such division and protest and violence.

Comment

Political actions have consequences. Remember when Obama gave Sharpton a bully platform? For a while there it looked like we would see a repeat of the '60s race riots. Then The Donald got sworn in and it all went away. Skippy doesn't accept that he is in any way responsible but even if he did, he's too stupid to tie his own shoelaces. This is going to get WAY worse before it begins to resolve. People are going to die and that's on Skippy 100%.

Comment

Wasn't it Skippy Do Little that said " A Canadian is a Canadian is a Canadian" ?

If you have a Canadian passport you all have the same rights.

i see know we are a country of different laws for different people!

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
              Isn't it amusing that our post nation, all inclusive, equal rights for everyone leader is the one who has been overseen such division and protest and violence.
              And yet gives millions of tax payer money to nations that refuse to recognize gay rights ... funny how skippy can virtue signal all Canadians and over the rest of the world but turn a blind eye for his own ambitions.

Comment

4 levels of newcomers to Canada

1. Explorers
                2. Pioneers
                3. Settlers
                4. Immigrants

Most decedents of farm families in western Canada fall into number 2. A settler is someone who moves into an established area that has basic services. A pioneer was someone sent out into the middle of nowhere to earn a living among the rocks and cactus and cut off from the main development areas. An immigrant is someone who moves into a developed welfare state.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                  And yet gives millions of tax payer money to nations that refuse to recognize gay rights ... funny how skippy can virtue signal all Canadians and over the rest of the world but turn a blind eye for his own ambitions.
                  Isn't hypocrisy great?

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                    4 levels of newcomers to Canada

1. Explorers
                    2. Pioneers
                    3. Settlers
                    4. Immigrants

Most decedents of farm families in western Canada fall into number 2. A settler is someone who moves into an established area that has basic services. A pioneer was someone sent out into the middle of nowhere to earn a living among the rocks and cactus and cut off from the main development areas. An immigrant is someone who moves into a developed welfare state.
                    Aren’t North American First Nations origionally from Asia? They are also settlers. No one talks about that.

Comment

I dont advocate economic terrorism but the natives have a right to be angry. Trudeau flushed $125B down a black hole and another $2B to foreign dictatorships this week.

That money would have fixed a lot of problems on our reserves. I mean whatever your thoughts are about their history and treatment, they shouldnt be living in squalor in todays day and age. That was enough money to replace every reserve home in the country, build a new treatment plants on every reserve.

I would be furious too.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                        I dont advocate economic terrorism but the natives have a right to be angry. Trudeau flushed $125B down a black hole and another $2B to foreign dictatorships this week.

That money would have fixed a lot of problems on our reserves. I mean whatever your thoughts are about their history and treatment, they shouldnt be living in squalor in todays day and age. That was enough money to replace every reserve home in the country, build a new treatment plants on every reserve.

I would be furious too.
                        With whom?

Better find the right target before unleashing that fury.

And it damn well better not be me and mine.

Comment

Ya I'm sure with tough talk like that it will solve all the problems and send them running back to the Reserves. I can hear the barricades coming down as I post. It's all good now!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...