Sure you guys are up to speed with this

Commodity Marketing

Tools

Sure you guys are up to speed with this

Feb 13, 2020 | 14:38 1 The biggest impact of coronavirus on Ag will be the availability of chemicals. Large factory and logistic shut downs - chemicals could feasibly be in short supply ahead of the season.

Double hit in Australia demand will be unreal in areas that have had flooding rains

Many boneheaded farmers head in the sand ah it’s just chem suppliers tying to push prices up.

This is a black swan event in chem industry.

Other furphy my chemicals are manufactured in Australia errrr bad luk guys your Corect except raw product comes from China.

People have zero idea the world needs a healthy vibrant China and its economy strong, Tarif war muddied the waters.

All the rhetoric USA will beat China in trade war no one really understood ramifications on both sides now chuck in corona virus this shit is getting serious Reply With Quote
  • 3 Likes

• Feb 13, 2020 | 14:40 2 Another casualty in corona virus is solar panel apparently it’s effect has been far reaching.

Wool industry in a spin as well

Live cattle exports in a spin won’t let Chinese vessels dock here in short term Reply With Quote
    Feb 13, 2020 | 15:48 3 Agree. This shit is getting serious if "chuck" has corona virus. I thought it was only Trump! Still "like" me cc.!

This may have a silver lining should the chemical companies not have the supplies for next crop. It would suddenly be the case that forced organics will determine whether the world can continue to grow surpluses that depress prices, that piss grain farmers off.

I would bet that their warehouses are full of product for this season. Those formulations were already mixed prior to this outbreak. Perhaps, all bets are off for 2021, but by then there will be a vaccine. In the meantime, hunker down and survive.

Can catch a flu, but can't catch a break. Reply With Quote
    Feb 13, 2020 | 15:54 4 Don’t know if your aware the biggest numero uno chem factory blew up back in September as well.

Factories warehouses maybe full nothing is shifting.

Don’t shoot the messenger every farmer in oz is getting requirements know rather than usual April May.

At least I got a response feel like I talk to myself on here at times lol Reply With Quote
    Feb 13, 2020 | 15:58 5 Very good point , nothing been said around here yet on chem. No one raising alarm bells yet , but definitely will be on the watch now Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Feb 13, 2020 | 16:31 6 Good thread. I don't pay until fall, but I booked my chemicals just now......in case. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• fjlip's Avatar Feb 13, 2020 | 20:00 7 Thanks just booked all chemicals for crop, Westfield auger clutches apparently in quarantine? Reply With Quote
    helmsdale's Avatar Feb 13, 2020 | 21:53 8 Question...

All the money that FNA has taken in since harvest for spring/summer delivery of chemical...

Is it in store?

Can you get your money back if they can't source it?

Can you demand that the product be dropped in your yard tomorrow afternoon? Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• helmsdale's Avatar Feb 13, 2020 | 21:55 9
    Quote Originally Posted by malleefarmer View Post
    At least I got a response feel like I talk to myself on here at times lol
    I ALWAYS read your posts. Keep em comin. Ill attempt to be more "social". Reply With Quote

• Feb 14, 2020 | 05:42 10 Thankful fert is immune

as China is a very small player in urea MAP and DAP SOA Reply With Quote
    Feb 14, 2020 | 09:16 11 Got to agree with Helmsdale, we haven’t bought from fna for a while because of ongoing rumours of cash problems and the fact that they delivered phos a month late at seeding 2 years ago. Now with quarantine problems, this could be a nightmare. Reply With Quote
    Feb 14, 2020 | 11:17 12 Read all your posts.

If I wasn't a Canadian, I'd be an Australian.

Are your buds getting their chemicals, or just on a waiting list? I know about lists. You are number 29. Six months later, you are number 29.

Best advice, relax, rehab, and plant a garden you can hoe! You may be broke, but at least you will eat! Reply With Quote
    Feb 14, 2020 | 16:00 13 Many guys me included thought about 2 weeks ago shitze this might be a issue

This week was actually a few grain brokers raised the issue said could be problem going foward.

I had no idea that about 70 of chems in the world now are manufactured in China and and 85% of raw product is made in China other player is India, rest of the world is a minute percentage.

You might hear our chemicals are Canadian made o the likes fact is it’s still Chinese origin the ingeridiants Reply With Quote
    helmsdale's Avatar Feb 14, 2020 | 16:10 14
    Quote Originally Posted by malleefarmer View Post
    Many guys me included thought about 2 weeks ago shitze this might be a issue

This week was actually a few grain brokers raised the issue said could be problem going foward.

I had no idea that about 70 of chems in the world now are manufactured in China and and 85% of raw product is made in China other player is India, rest of the world is a minute percentage.

You might hear our chemicals are Canadian made o the likes fact is it’s still Chinese origin the ingeridiants
    This is bad...

But the truly startling thing is the % of our antibiotics and generic medication that is now manufactured in china..

helmsdale's Avatar Feb 14, 2020 | 16:11 15

helmsdale's Avatar Feb 14, 2020 | 16:19 16 Now drag it into parts...

A PILE of boards and sensors are produced in china, or components are produced there, or at the best, the raw materials come from there. Remember that "Made in USA/Canada" means that 50+% of the value of the individual item was "added"...

If they cant get their shit together, electric clutches wont be the only things on backorder.

A fella on twitter placed a large order for glyphosate with a US independent, simply to ensure he would drain their entire inventory. He reports they told him a certain % of the shuttles of gly could be delivered immediately, but the remainder, were backordered by 22 weeks... Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like