• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh....oh!!!!!!!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good to see that a couple of you gave secondary schooling your presence.

I’ve said this before but WHY do you only Believe science that fits Your Agenda??
    I hope you were all vaccinated
    More than likely you use glyphosate that was Also proven by science to be safe.

You’ve all seen pictures of the earth from space- proven by science to be round not flat
    And yet I somehow think IF as much MONEY was put into the Flat Earth Theory as the Climate Change Denial ‘theories’ . You bunch of farmers would say “yep the world is indeed Flat”

Comment

Originally posted by mustardman View Post
      Good to see that a couple of you gave secondary schooling your presence.

I’ve said this before but WHY do you only Believe science that fits Your Agenda??
      I hope you were all vaccinated
      More than likely you use glyphosate that was Also proven by science to be safe.

You’ve all seen pictures of the earth from space- proven by science to be round not flat
      And yet I somehow think IF as much MONEY was put into the Flat Earth Theory as the Climate Change Denial ‘theories’ . You bunch of farmers would say “yep the world is indeed Flat”
      glyphos is safe , whats your point ?

Comment

Mustardman you would be wise to not play tje education card on this site, I happen to know many of the Agrivillers and I can tell you that there are Lawyers and Doctors and biologists, crop scientists and engineers that are regulars here. And a lot of really progressive high- level thinkers who never pass up continuing education. So they can hold up their credentials to yours anyday. I suspect you and uour buddies may not be brain surgeons but should be able to think critically.

Comment

BSA, U of M, seems like a couple hundred years farmin.

Comment

Math major. Computer Science major. Economics minor. Likely should have upgraded the minor to a major but 4-5 hours of football per day ate up some time.

Comment

Graduated high school with all the scholarships and awards for academic achievement( which at that time they won't give you if you pursue trades)
              Mechanical engineering degree(achieved while farming full time 2 hours away and with a young family).
              Two different trades.
              And probably not done yet.
              Perhaps Mustard, Chuck, Integrity, dml, grass et al could share with us what makes them more qualified.

Comment

“yep the world is indeed Flat”
                Did you and Chuck share notes on how to be ineffective debaters? He uses both those arguments every single time. Thinking that science is something that you are supposed to believe in like religion. Instead of critically evaluating ALL available evidence, and the sources, then being prepared to change your position as new evidence comes available.

Then call everyone who uses their critical thinking skills a flat earther.

And just degenerating into name calling and insults, and questioning the integrity and educational status of everyone who disagrees with his position.

These tactics are not working for Chuck, and resulted in most posters putting him on ignore. I recommend sticking with facts and evidence if you have them.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                  ... but should be able to think critically.
                  That is the ONLY credential that is actually necessary. No amount of education or indoctrination can make up for lacking that simple skill. And our education institutions if anything discourage independent thinking. I am sure we have all known some highly educated people who are completely lacking in common sense.

Comment

So no One has answered why they Pick and Choose the science they believe in...

Exxon Knew for years beginning in Early 60’s the damage the increased C02 would do.

Kept it hush and then later heavily funded The Denial Side
                    The Insurance Companies know it’s happening
                    Politician know it
                    Even The Pope knows it
                    So again Why do you pick and choose the science you believe

Comment

So no One has answered why they Pick and Choose the science they believe in...
                      Politician know it
                      Even The Pope knows it
                      So again Why do you pick and choose the science you believe
                      This is becoming as frustrating as debating with Chuck, no one "believes in" science, it is an evolving evidence based method. As of 2020, the evidence does not support the alarmist agenda. People believe in cults and religions.

Since you questioned our collective education, What qualifications does the pope have? How many of our politicians have education in climate science?

Since you apparently put some sign of equality between a religious figurehead with imaginary powers, and a belief in science that could explain why you are confused about the scientific method.
                      Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Feb 15, 2020, 00:44.

Comment

Grade 8 formal education 60 yrs of the school of hard knocks,i have seen many an educated lad lose his ass and his uneducated parents,grandparents,life time assets gone,and without off farm income and lots of wife's wages ie teacher.nurse also lost by the formaly educated. So dont pull the Im educated bullshit,it dosent mean shit all in the real world of farming, other than you can go pick up a big pay cheque to try to right the ship.

Comment

Originally posted by Horse View Post
                          Grade 8 formal education 60 yrs of the school of hard knocks,i have seen many an educated lad lose his ass and his uneducated parents,grandparents,life time assets gone,and without off farm income and lots of wife's wages ie teacher.nurse also lost by the formaly educated. So dont pull the Im educated bullshit,it dosent mean shit all in the real world of farming, other than you can go pick up a big pay cheque to try to right the ship.
                          Lol. I hear you horse. Although if you look back it was mustardman basically calling those of us who disagree with him a bunch of home schooled idiots.

Oh and an Ag business diploma, and an Ag Econ degree. Professional agrologist.

Comment

Originally posted by LEP View Post
                            Lol. I hear you horse. Although if you look back it was mustardman basically calling those of us who disagree with him a bunch of home schooled idiots.

Oh and an Ag business diploma, and an Ag Econ degree. Professional agrologist.
                            So I guess more education does not necessarily mean more critical thinking...

Still I assume most of you believe in theory of Evolution (and if you don’t Ive got some KOCHIA seed that I’ll let you have Cheap!). Weeds seem to believe in Evolution

So again anyone out there, Why pick and choose the science you believe? ( and I’m talking peer reviewed,not ‘science’ from ‘Wing nut weekly’

Comment

So I guess more education does not necessarily mean more critical thinking...

Still I assume most of you believe in theory of Evolution (and if you don’t Ive got some KOCHIA seed that I’ll let you have Cheap!). Weeds seem to believe in Evolution

So again anyone out there, Why pick and choose the science you believe? ( and I’m talking peer reviewed,not ‘science’ from ‘Wing nut weekly’
                              Al Gore is not a scientist, although I did hear he invented the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by LEP View Post
                                Al Gore is not a scientist, although I did hear he invented the internet.
                                Al Gore is Not a scientist
                                But what he Was Relaying was Peer reviewed science

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...