• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Market Timing

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Timing

Just wondering when it comes to selling your commodities, do you tend to sell ahead of the top or after.
    Greed and lack of discipline can ruin most marketing plans.

For you marketers who belong to the "Sell at the Top Every Time." club, I was just wondering where you have your monthly meetings, now that phone booths are so scarce.

One of my dads sayings...you never go broke not quite getting the top of the market

Comment

Upside or downside or even at the top is not a bid deal. The giddy feeling doesn't seem to last too long.
      I have no regrets of selling after it appears the top is in. Just don't wait too long.

Good yields of saleable product trump topping the market every time when it comes to staying in the game.
      Having said that I do try to avoid extortion type basis levels if at all possible

Comment

I haul when the auger and truck will start, if you have debts seldom pays to play the marketing game. That was the cwb drawing card.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...
        X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
        You agree to our and by clicking I agree.