• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wheat correction over for now?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dollar keeps getting hammered today, now at .715

Local wheat prices should be going up today.

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
      Dollar keeps getting hammered today, now at .715

Local wheat prices should be going up today.
      Grainco's usually share the exchange adjustments in a ratio of 99:1 in their favor. I would expect the same this time around all things considered. Yes I'm being sarcastic

Comment

Grain companies that were telling us the world is awash of wheat and the world is too good at growing wheat a month ago are now trying to buy wheat.

Interesting but looks like holding wheat will pay off.

Comment

CBOT May wht up A$6.71/t to A$306.05/t & Dec up A$6.01 to A$316.31. Both driven solely by drop in A$ to 59.94 US cents. Support for CBOT as market tries to pick a bottom. HRW also supported despite some improvement in crop conditions in the Sth Plains.

Comment

ZWK has some pretty good support at 483. Some weaker support at 488 1/4

KEK weak support at 416 7/8, but a good outside day higher so maybe it'll hold

Comment

ZWK action today encouraging. Look for a couple days closing price above 508 3/4
              510 3/8 high for today so far

Comment

I stand corrected. A very rough estimate shows the Grainco's only kept 28% of the exchange week/week

KEK20 is in the buy signal area. Need confirmation tomorrow. The problem is with the quick increase (about 8.5% in three days) the price might not touch an entry area trigger till the rally is half over. In addition tomorrow is Friday. Expect traders to even up positions. Nobody with limited resources/no actual stocks will be eager to stay in the market over the weekend.

Chicago rally a bit weaker and Minneapolis weakest at the moment

Update: Chicago has now joined with a buy signal and MW not far behind. When I say buy signal I mean it's time to pay attention. Not necessarily time to buy
                Last edited by farming101; Mar 19, 2020, 09:13.

Comment

Everything is possible and nothing is possible in this environment

ZWN20 could be 30% up by third week of May.

First though, the May contract still needs to rise above 5.77 and 5.87 to leave the downtrend behind

Comment

Just replying to note that some of us are reading and really appreciating the posts on this thread.

Just because you're excellent analysis may go uncommented, doesn't mean it is unread or unappreciated

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

For sure.
                      While I don't mind putting some price destinations out there based on chart patterns I don't think I could ever recommend what guys do with their actual stocks. Totally up to them.
                      Just kind of a heads up: this is happening today kind of thing

Comment

Originally posted by TechAnalyst View Post
                        It is worth noting that the Chicago wheat futures went inverted on Friday and built on that today. For those not sure, what that means is the March futures are now a premium to the May futures (instead of the normal discount for the cost of carrying the inventory to May). That is a bullish sign as it shows the need for inventory sooner rather than later.
                        I thought it would be worth bringing this forward given the inversion still exists. The May is trading at a 7 cent premium to the July, indicating the need for inventory sooner rather than later.

In the big picture, a commercially driven rally is far more powerful than a spec rally. I suspect that will be the case here as well.

AF5, I'm not sure if that was directed at me as well but if so, I'm glad to help if I can. If I'm doing the analysis anyway, why not share.

Comment

How would you guys tackle selling wheat for June/July delivery?

Futures seem to be increasing. CDN $ fluctuating but heading down with oil. Grain companies adjusting basis and protein spreads randomly.

I plan to simply use a target for a fixed price but do get tempted to lock in basis than lock in futures later.

Comment

I'm not a huge fan of basis contracts unless they're exceptionally favourable. Especially with volatile futures markets and time constraints. You really are left with little for a plan B should the futures pull back and don't recover in time.

I do believe the saucer on the monthly Chicago wheat chart and the inversion in the futures both point to a rally into the summer. The Can$ should continue to struggle as long as energy and equity markets remain under pressure.

Given that, I would prefer to use target prices to reward a rally with a portions of the total sales to be made along the way. That reduces the stress, obtains a favourable average price as long as the rally unfolds, and leaves an endless amount of plan B options should something derail the rally.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Incremental targets for flat price do make sense for June/July as well as new crop.

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
                                Everything is possible and nothing is possible in this environment

ZWN20 could be 30% up by third week of May.

First though, the May contract still needs to rise above 5.77 and 5.87 to leave the downtrend behind

ZWK20 backing off from 5.77. High of 5.76 5/8 so far. Lots of energy though, could still break through or maybe tomorrow...
                                The inversion Tech mentioned is growing

Done, 5.87 next resistance...support at 555 1/4
                                Last edited by farming101; Mar 25, 2020, 11:27.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.