• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tax on Tax on Tax

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tax on Tax on Tax

First bills from the new year and the carbon **** has expanded. Multiple levels of city surcharge, tax, GST, carbon levy.

And carbon tax going unfairly against our cleanest fuel source, nat gas. Bills are similar value (power bill high due to a meter read error), but the comparison is there. $7 carbon tax on electricity, $27 on gas. Sask still gets most of its electricity from coal I think, some hydro.

Carbon tax is 12% increase in my cost just like APAS found. Cost of actual gas is 1/3 of the entire bill.

****, Canadian style.

Click image for larger version

Name:	gas.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	779301
    Click image for larger version

Name:	power.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	779302

Ever since the Carbon Capture System went in you have been paying a carbon tax on your power bill...

It would have been cheaper to just pay the 20 bucks a tonne....they are going to mothball coal powered power plants by 2040....a billion dollar white elephant...because the federal government isn't willing to credit that plant to the environment side...

And then when you see wind turbine blades being buried long before a coal power plant ages out...you really have to wonder.....at least they could recycle most of the components of a power plant....

Comment

The carbon tax shown on bills is directly related to the consumption. I’m assuming saskenergy has some carbon tax built into their delivery price as well?

Comment

40 % carbon tax , 60 % after increase , sheeple

Comment

You're outraged because the carbon tax has been separated from the other items on the bill, this is a great thing the provincial government is doing.

The trick about the Carbon Tax is that it's hidden, just as the Manufacturing Sales Tax was hidden, prior to GST.

Imagine if the Carbon tax was exposed on everything you buy, as the GST is !

Imagine the popularity of the Carbon Tax, if it was segregated on the grocery bill, new furniture, movie theatre tickets, sporting events, airline flights & ocean cruises, new vehicles, art galleries, theatrical plays, ballet, but again I'll state,,, GROCERIES !

Comment

How about if CPC runs on a Carbon Tax but mandate every charge be itemized on every invoice, receipt, bill? Then ask the people if it makes them happy and willing to pay the cost to save earth from a few degrees of warmth.
            Where is media to call out the stupidity of pay it and get it back, but change your habits.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
              First bills from the new year and the carbon **** has expanded. Multiple levels of city surcharge, tax, GST, carbon levy.

And carbon tax going unfairly against our cleanest fuel source, nat gas. Bills are similar value (power bill high due to a meter read error), but the comparison is there. $7 carbon tax on electricity, $27 on gas. Sask still gets most of its electricity from coal I think, some hydro.

Carbon tax is 12% increase in my cost just like APAS found. Cost of actual gas is 1/3 of the entire bill.

****, Canadian style.

[ATTACH]5573[/ATTACH]
              [ATTACH]5574[/ATTACH]
              well , its real simple jazz
              lots of power generated in the east, especially quebec
              natural gas is mainly a western thing

Comment

and how does the natural gas used to generate power get carbon taxed?

Comment

No carbon tax on my firewood.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...