• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we work to make separation work?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can we work to make separation work?

I am so utterly fed up with the slide of Canada into moral oblivion. There is nothing the east and the west have in common anymore. Liberals have become communists and conservatives have become ndp light.

I want my country back. But currently, with population dynamics and so on, I believe there is no hope to be unified any longer. So we need to split. I have never felt so strongly about it.

How can we work towards a positive divorce? Is it even possible with the Indian factor? Where would the border be? How do we do it?

I am willing to try and work hard towards making this come to pass. I see no other choice. Eastern cities could not be running the affairs of western Canada. We should have our own taking care of our affairs. As this ridiculous climate fear hysteria streams along, as conservatives promise to march in pride parades in an effort to become palatable to eastern media and lunatics, as elites in the east work to keep our oil in the ground and thereby stifle the riches of what could be the wealthiest country on the planet, I shake my head, and wonder.

This dysfunctional country has slipped too far off the edge. I do not think a regular person with average thinking brain cells will ever get the chance at power. If this country re elected the dumbest, least qualified, corrupt, blackface wearing feminist criminal, I have lost my faith.

I cannot work towards a better Canada as I no longer feel it is remotely possible. There is one choice imho.

Western separation.

Can it be done?

It could be done,but not to what you may think, I see all kinds of wanna bees trying to make an empire of their own.
    I have heard many times the city of Edmonton wanting to put tolls on the infrastructure to make us rurals help pay their taxes.
    I dont see any difference edmonton,or toronto,or ottawa. They have the votes and not the same wants as the Rural populace. And then those who want to join the USA. We have a mess now but maybe better off trying to fix what we have than aborting.

Comment

For western separation to work it needs a legitimate champion - a Brad Wall, Jason Kenny, Stephen Harper, Rona Ambrose caliber champion. Some disgruntled right wing loons on Facebook isn't going to cut it. I'm ready to get behind a legitimate leader but so far that person hasn't emerged. I think if/when that person emerges it will be astonishing how fast the process moves. I don't think I'm alone in waiting for that leader.

Comment

You need a guy that can talk like Brad Wall....with the brains of a Stephen Harper...with the casual approach of Ambrose....

And it's not a guy like Peter Mackay. ....

Comment

Hang tight sheep. Its been my experience that eventually incompetent fools like skippy eventually sink their own ships. He wont get a majority next time and Freeland doesnt have the name fame to step in.

Mckay said he would repeal the carbon tax, thats a good enough start for me.

Canada is usually a few years behind the US. Skippy is our Obama so something might be coming for us, if not the nuclear option of seperation can be pulled by Ab but as Peter Zeihan warned, that window is closing fast because the US is open to deal making right now, that might not last. I says Kenny and Wall should head to Washington right now and meet with Trump to send a warning shot over skippys head.

Comment

Resentment of the central government has been present since confederation. It has been a balancing act for the feds to not totally piss off the west enough they’re willing to secede but keep Quebec coddled enough they don’t neither. It’s a sad state when what holds this nation together is carrots and sticks. Trudeau espouses Canada will be the first post national state. He is ineptly engineering the demise of the confederation. As much as I detest how we are treated here by the feds sometimes I still don’t want to go down a separatist path yet but never say never. Like Bob says when a decent articulate non loon can present a viable plan which benefits rural and urban people. I personally can’t see anything changing in the near future but maybe by the time my kids have grown. It’s a festering wound that grows stinkier and painful every generation as both sides of the country evolve on divergent paths.

Comment

This is a movement starving for a leader. It’s easier to tear down than build up, but even so look at what Nigel Farage accomplished in the UK. He went against the establishment, and won.

The West is ripe for the picking, CONservative, Liberal, they have made it easy. What is needed is leadership a true leader, an old fashioned hero. Where is that person?

Comment

i remember many years ago reading a story about shackled prisoners working in a gold mine for a corrupt evil warden, it may have been in South Africa. This warden traveled the world in luxury, life was good for many years, but eventually the prisoners over took the prison.

To put it nicely the guards and warden were voted off the island.

That's always been the problem in Canada, there hasn't been enough miners in Toronto or Ottawa that's had to work for the warden.

Comment

West isn't going to separate without bloodshed. You think the Israelites had a hard time getting free? Yeah same-same west from our eastern masters. Quebec and maritimes heavy canadian army would have no problem strong arming a few western good 'ol boys. Look who makes up the canadian military. It isn't westerners.

Comment

Originally posted by Tucker View Post
                    West isn't going to separate without bloodshed. You think the Israelites had a hard time getting free? Yeah same-same west from our eastern masters. Quebec and maritimes heavy canadian army would have no problem strong arming a few western good 'ol boys. Look who makes up the canadian military. It isn't westerners.
                    CIA intervention?

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
                      CIA intervention?
                      As much as it pains me to say it that might be a good thing. These ****ing liberals are killing Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by Tucker View Post
                        As much as it pains me to say it that might be a good thing. These ****ing liberals are killing Canada.
                        This censoring of curse words is not cool. Sometimes a well thrown in expletive is warranted. I know it's your site and your rules but when I throw a **** in there I ****ing mean it. We're all adults here. Snowflakes can go **** themselves.

Comment

This country doesn't have a history of mistrust or overthrow in it's DNA.
                          Otherwise we'd have a Rush Limbaugh, cultivating the seeds of question and dissent for generations.
                          Our colonial roots show all the time.
                          We don't have a Fox news for example.
                          Urban population in Alberta would never go for anything unsafe. We have too much opposition for pulling out of CPP for heaven's sake.
                          Seperation would never fly.
                          We couldn't even rewrite the Constitution.
                          I feel we need provincial leaders with balls and chutzpah. Even Kenney is playing by the old rule book.
                          Trump has mental issues but at least he can stand up in front of the nation every day and blow his horn at the top of his lungs bedamned to anyone who doesn't like it.
                          It gets followers and results.
                          Is it in our nature to say f you?
                          Not yet.
                          Take any Frankenstein federal leader you want and it will always come back to who holds the reins in reality.
                          Any psychologist will tell the abused they have to start by saying "NO".
                          No, I will not be treated this way any longer.
                          Do we want better or just Quebec treated the same as us???
                          Aha!
                          So, an Israeli/Palestinian compromise of sorts??
                          Thanks to Pierre the Impaler, everyone granted the right to be a hyphenated citizen. -Canadian.
                          It only works in his lifes work and studies, and his sons dreams. Not in real life. It doesn't work if you're a blank- first.
                          Provincial leaders need to never stop the sell. Wear maga and msga hats.
                          Threaten the preposterous. Postulate the ridiculous.
                          How do you sell someone a new chair when they don't need one?
                          Tell them 10 times it looks like their old one is uncomfortable.

I'm out in a few years and I was young and naive once too.
                          Canada is awesome. But is stuck politically on the national front.
                          It is up to the provinces.
                          Take the lessons from Quebec and turn them around dummy!

Comment

Sorry Sheep, you are 43 and haven't given up yet
                            After being on the road all day I'm reminded that we are a vast empty space connected by insulated urban centers.
                            Rural will get emptier yet for a long while.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                              I says Kenny and Wall should head to Washington right now and meet with Trump to send a warning shot over skippys head.
                              I second that !

I'll tell you, that would even catch the attention of PM Blackface's own media.

It sure looks like there's a four year window here coming up, and we should be making the most of it!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...