• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When all the grain is sold FOB farm...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When all the grain is sold FOB farm...

Currently they truck canola mid point saskatchewan to Lethbridge....at what point do we tear all the tracks out and start building better highways...

When a train can't deliver more economically than a truck....doesn't there need to be a re-work in the transport industry in Canada???/

20% return on investment isn't good enough, they want the same $2-3 per bushel the elevators are pulling in.

Comment

I have posted it before, I get better prices FOB farm, heading 1200km away, than I can get at my local elevators, with me spending time trucking it to the elevator for free. I can’t figure out why any farmers around my area still use the local elevators, there are many grain brokers around now. Maybe the million bu / yr farmers get better service than I do though.

Also, many many farms have grain storage and handling systems that put most elevators to shame. An hour to unload 44T at an elevator is unacceptable and just an abuse of my time.
      Last edited by Taiga; Jan 31, 2020, 12:42.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
        Currently they truck canola mid point saskatchewan to Lethbridge....at what point do we tear all the tracks out and start building better highways...

When a train can't deliver more economically than a truck....doesn't there need to be a re-work in the transport industry in Canada???/
        We haven’t spent much on infrastructure in this country our rail system sucks when you compare it to other countries. We would rather improve economies of every other country while looting our own.

Comment

Anyone have experience with producer cars? I know it's a logistical nightmare with the railco's on their own schedule. Is it cost effective, aside from timing?

Comment

Originally posted by Marusko View Post
            Anyone have experience with producer cars? I know it's a logistical nightmare with the railco's on their own schedule. Is it cost effective, aside from timing?
            Producer cars are ok if you know the grade your dumping in to them.
            Always was a long wait for cash out.
            Then a trust as to amount in cars..
            Most of our canola is picked up by bunge.. or RP. Pays trucking to Yorkton..

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...