• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shorting Tesla

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shorting Tesla

Know when to fold 'em

https://shortsight.com/tesla-shorts-down-over-1-5-billion-on-over-10-price-move/ https://shortsight.com/tesla-shorts-down-over-1-5-billion-on-over-10-price-move/

From 5+ billion in the black to 12+ billion in the red. In less than 8 months

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
    Know when to fold 'em

https://shortsight.com/tesla-shorts-down-over-1-5-billion-on-over-10-price-move/ https://shortsight.com/tesla-shorts-down-over-1-5-billion-on-over-10-price-move/

From 5+ billion in the black to 12+ billion in the red. In less than 8 months

I believe it was keynes that said " the market can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent".

I have been looking and can't find and am to lazy to come up with a number whereby cars manufactures production numbers divided by their market capitalization ratio should give some indication of share value. it would be interesting to compare tesla to ford or gm. wildly overpriced per car built compared to any of the big three would be my guess.lol

Comment

UPDATE: Feb 3. Tesla stock's market value up 23 Billion today.

Short sellers down another 2.5 billion on paper in one day.

Makes the on farm stocks value write down in Canola the last 3 weeks look like chump change
      Last edited by farming101; Feb 3, 2020, 17:42.

Comment

Rocketing ???

Comment

Good christ, the options market for this thing is going to make or break a MST (metric shit tonne which is even bigger than a ST) of people one way or the other.

Just like playing poker... I work FAR to hard, for my meager earnings to gamble!

Comment

For all the negativity on Agriville towards anything other than fossil fuel as the only means of a power source for vehicles, what can be said about Tesla's stock in the last month?

Better yet, were the all the stock market forecaster's who post on here in for this ride?

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
              For all the negativity on Agriville towards anything other than fossil fuel as the only means of a power source for vehicles, what can be said about Tesla's stock in the last month?

Better yet, were the all the stock market forecaster's who post on here in for this ride?

Smoking a joint on a podcast isn't exactly the "right stuff" as far as investing in, Tesla is a trade, nothing more. But if you think it's got long term viability it's $100 cheaper then an hour ago. IV was 120+ at the start of the day, saying stay away.

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/i/iv.asp

The goal is to get paid
              Last edited by macdon02; Feb 4, 2020, 15:49.

Comment

Tesla is a cult. I wouldnt touch it any way. No profit, deep deep debt and still cant scale or optimize their production line so that its more than a niche product.

If a real EV gets actual legs, it will be one of the majors that launch it, not telsa. It will be about as popular as hybrids are., maybe 10% of the auto market.

Comment

Since this thread is still alive but many short sellers are getting killed I thought I'd do a bit of research, emphasis on "a bit"

Tesla sold less than 200,000 vehicles in each of last 2 years and has a market cap of $140.6B

Ford sells approx 6,000,000 vehicles a year and market cap of $36.36B

ratio of market cap to sales

Tesla ratio is $730,000.00 per vehicle

Ford ratio is $6000.00 per vehicle

I don't know what this means but the smartest people on wall street don't seem to care, do they.

Comment

Some innovations take copious amounts of time and money to get to a marketable position. It took lots of trial and error for Edison to figure out the light bulb and his other inventions. Tesla visualized the AC motor and built it. Edison was very jealous of Tesla for his ability to visualize problems and solve them while Edison was all about trial and error. If it wasn’t for Westinghouse believing in Tesla we’d still be running massive copper cables and generators every mile for DC. Though beyond AC Tesla’s accomplishments were loony and impractical. Lots of money was invested into schemes with little to no return. My point here Tesla the man and Tesla the company are the same. Some grande visionary’s, offer some amazing innovation, ability to source massive funds for crazy schemes, and in the end a penniless old man while the rest of the world moves on with the tangible things they produced.

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
                      That is a very strange assessment, considering that Tesla cars are still fossil fuel powered. 8% of US electricity is provided by wind and solar. Fossil Fuels and Nuclear are still 84%.

Comment

Bookmarked this thread so I can come back to it In 3 years and laugh my ass off.

Comment

Originally posted by ALBERTAFARMER4 View Post
                          Bookmarked this thread so I can come back to it In 3 years and laugh my ass off.
                          Care for a wager?

Comment

Not that I have the balls to short it but I bet there is money to be made doing so. If you could have timed the market this week and shorted at the high then closed out on fridays close you would have made 29% in 3 days. Now that's volatility at it's best.

Comment

Tesla will need to gain market share in a market that just got much more crowded, while the market itself keeps shrinking. The shorts know what they are doing.

In a recent Los Angeles Times article, citing Edmunds data, The number of battery-electric models available more than doubled from 2018 to 2019, but EV sales budged in the wrong direction. In response to the major efforts by manufacturers, the horrific EV sales data shows that only 325,000 electric and plug-in hybrid vehicles were sold in the U.S. in 2019, down from 349,000 in 2018.

Those dismal numbers represent an embarrassing dismal 2% of the 17 million vehicles of all types sold in the United States in 2019.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.