• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday end of the Week Wrap up on a Thursday.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday end of the Week Wrap up on a Thursday.

Ah, it's a wheels up kind of day and time to head south. Got the grain contract almost all in and still drying grain. (**** Trudeau is said daily) and all is good.

Yesterday I really get a good understanding of how big business really doesn't care about the customer.

Point one broke the extractor down its a name brand so phoned the parts guys and asked where do I find the part and I need it fast so let's go. Well, that model doesn't have a book or chart etc was what I got back. So I phoned the company line well that genius wasn't much better but he did say they painted a USA company machine and I would have to phone them. I said it has your company name on it. Dead phone. So then I phoned the USA got the machine and parts guys to look and they said a company in Regina carried it. Stopped in and yep they had it at 5 to 5 yesterday.

Then a Billion dollar company can't pay its bills on money owed. That is hilarious right. No, this company can sue you if you grow there seed from your own and you have to pay but if they owe you money it takes months and months and months. Finally, it hit our account after some three months even if it was approved two months ago.

Well, anyway all is good in Whoville. Oh, wait for no the Unifor group with the billion-dollar boy in charge who hates oil and loves Justin Trudeau now wants Moe to come to his rescue and force the Coop to bow to the great Gerry. I say **** off and go back East, you useless union leader. This is the same guy who destroyed GMC and they moved to the USA. Maybe Trudeau can help you. good video on twitter of an Albertan trying to fill up and Unifor blocked the entrance to the gas card lock with a fence. Finally, the west is waking up to the East.

Oh, Skippy finally did an honest 15 min of work and sat with his smug face in parliament.

Click image for larger version

Name:	EA02D174-4E05-4D33-92A8-39E4C14E409F.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	18.5 KB
ID:	779292

Who else wishes he would just quit. He's a sad little man as he doesn't have a seat on the UN after pissing away billions to them. Really its time we had a trump to drain the Canadian Swamp. So far don't see any of the contenders doing that but who knows. Christa won't win the liberals any extra votes. Ah, little perogies to the rescue.

Trump maybe might have a few Republicans who are as crooked as the Democrats and will let witnesses testify. Or is this a set up for the Democrats to fall.

Day four this week skippy has worked so hard he needs Friday as a personal day. Quit you little piss ant.

Mental health day or week. Yea if you farm we all need our heads checked out. Ag more than ever was a great slogan but the sad part is all the parasites won and left the farmers with Zero profit. Then they wonder why we're so pissed. Walk into any Ag retailer or Dealer tell me how busy they are. You could shoot a gun off and hit no one. Prime parking for sure if you need something as there parking lot is empty.

What a great two weeks of Fog, So that means I should have a very wet May. Yea more water.

Be safe and enjoy the weather.

Oh, yea in Canada Skippy is in charge of the public purse and he is handing out money in Canada to those who need it. Next time you pay your Master Card bill to sign it and send it back paid in full thanks to Justin Trudeau. WTF does Master card need $50 mill for. Skippy i have lost well over $2.50 a bushel thanks to your **** up with Hawaie and we got jack shit. But master card gets $50 mill. Wow-what a shit hole Canada is.

Comment

Oh, coyotes are getting braver, Came home yesterday afternoon and our Big farm Dog was going head to head with four. Now he is a killer but really four against one. I ran to the house. Unlocked the Gun safe, Ran to other safe and got my bullets and then phoned the Gun line because you know they have to know then finally ran outside and they were gone. Canada wake up it's about having them have the guns and citizens without, its not about gun crime. Trudeau and the liberals are sick.

Comment

Ag more than ever ....Do more ag....Agvocate

Was all just a delay tactic to not address the real issues in agriculture....gave the people kind that invented that nonsense a higher profile to sit on more boards and do SFA....

Want to solve farm stress????

Give farmers the same deal, in a proportional way , that mastercard got yesterday.

Yes it is that simple..
        Last edited by bucket; Jan 30, 2020, 07:58.

Comment

Maybe chuck and others can tell us why skippy didnt buy windmills with our money. What about the climate emergency? Dont we want renewables?

What about his $187B infrastucture fund? That would be 187,000 windmills. Why not? Isnt it serious we do something?

Comment

The $187b in infrastructure spending is just a slush fund for liberals. Eventually Ralphie will be back on the payroll somehow.

Comment

I would much rather see non spinning windmills on the horizon than give mastercard $50m or all the other places he wasted $125B of our tax money.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                Ag more than ever ....Do more ag....Agvocate

Was all just a delay tactic to not address the real issues in agriculture....gave the people kind that invented that nonsense a higher profile to sit on more boards and do SFA....

Want to solve farm stress????

Give farmers the same deal, in a proportional way , that mastercard got yesterday.

Yes it is that simple..
                So you mean ag needs a program where if farmers invest some money then the government provides some? Maybe the government could create an agricultural investment program where if farmers invest X amount of dollars then the government would put in 1/10X dollars (same ratio as Mastercard got when government invested 50 million in the 510 million Mastercard investment) instead of that measely AgriVest program farmers have now where the government matches farmer investment on a 1 to 1 basis.

Comment

Originally posted by dmlfarmer View Post
                  So you mean ag needs a program where if farmers invest some money then the government provides some? Maybe the government could create an agricultural investment program where if farmers invest X amount of dollars then the government would put in 1/10X dollars (same ratio as Mastercard got when government invested 50 million in the 510 million Mastercard investment) instead of that measely AgriVest program farmers have now where the government matches farmer investment on a 1 to 1 basis.
                  Nope....if a farmer grosses or spends 1 million dollars then he would get 1/10X dollars ...or $100000. Every year that he spends that million dollars and helps the economy in the form of graincos, input retailers, and railways. Farmers are capped at $15000 per year for agri-invest...you know that right?

BTW record grain shipments have also helped the railways earned a nice Q4 profit because in the rest of the news the freight traffic is slowing...

Right now if a farmer grows a tonne an acre or 36 bpa for wheat ....the railways are making more money off a farm than the farmer farming it.
                  Proof of that statement ...net revenue off all farms will be considerably less than what the railways net for the year. Even if you only look at grain movement of the railways....then do the same for the other industries leeching off farmers...

Comment

Nope....if a farmer grosses or spends 1 million dollars then he would get 1/10X dollars ...or $100000. Every year that he spends that million dollars and helps the economy in the form of graincos, input retailers, and railways. Farmers are capped at $15000 per year for agri-invest...you know that right?

BTW record grain shipments have also helped the railways earned a nice Q4 profit because in the rest of the news the freight traffic is slowing...

Right now if a farmer grows a tonne an acre or 36 bpa for wheat ....the railways are making more money off a farm than the farmer farming it.
                    Proof of that statement ...net revenue off all farms will be considerably less than what the railways net for the year. Even if you only look at grain movement of the railways....then do the same for the other industries leeching off farmers...
                    The 510 million is money Mastercard is paying for a new venture. It does not reflect total annual expenditures/gross income of Mastercard, so it is not comparable of what a farmer gross income or annual expenditures

Seriously, are you actually calling for a guaranteed income for farmers?

Comment

Originally posted by dmlfarmer View Post
                      The 510 million is money Mastercard is paying for a new venture. It does not reflect total annual expenditures/gross income of Mastercard, so it is not comparable of what a farmer gross income or annual expenditures

Seriously, are you actually calling for a guaranteed income for farmers?
                      Every other industry has it....let me name a few

AGT----in excess of 120 million and counting
                      Evraz ----40 million along with a 2 billion fund to draw from
                      Supply management is getting billions and the ink isn't dry on trade agreements on a 5 percent loss in market share that they haven't lost yet.
                      Morris Industries received millions and went into creditor protection...

DOT received 5 million and then sold out to Raven within the ink drying period.

I can go on...

But do farmers need some support....yes ....and every generation has received something which is why you have 3rd and 4th generation farmers. Because the payments were enough for the previous generation not to say " Phuck it " and quit....

Comment

Just a decent Crop insurance would be all that’s needed or asked for. But thanks to Trudeau we lost Canola and that’s a hard fact. He then pisses money to every cause world wide. Even probably China oh yea there bank for 250 mill. So yea I’m pissed with the canola market

Comment

All crop insurance has to do is extrapolate yields into the modern age.....I do like that cop insurance is based on individual crops.....go to whole farm insurance and it could get ugly...where one crop covers off the loss on the poor crop....but premiums should be reduced BUT still racing to the bottom....

I think programs have to be put in place that cover weather events like the last year ....early on and the shit fall we have...

When guys are looking at having the crop in the field that is needed to cover bills it gets pretty stressful....and then crop insurance says the yield is over the production guarantee and it will be counted as inventory on agristability.....you know you are sort of phucked....

Comment

All crop insurance has to do is extrapolate yields into the modern age.....I do like that cop insurance is based on individual crops.....go to whole farm insurance and it could get ugly...where one crop covers off the loss on the poor crop....but premiums should be reduced BUT still racing to the bottom....

I think programs have to be put in place that cover weather events like the last year ....early on and the shit fall we have...

When guys are looking at having the crop in the field that is needed to cover bills it gets pretty stressful....and then crop insurance says the yield is over the production guarantee and it will be counted as inventory on agristability.....you know you are sort of phucked....
                            And you still get a bill from crop insurance after all that

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                              Oh, coyotes are getting braver, Came home yesterday afternoon and our Big farm Dog was going head to head with four. Now he is a killer but really four against one. I ran to the house. Unlocked the Gun safe, Ran to other safe and got my bullets and then phoned the Gun line because you know they have to know then finally ran outside and they were gone. Canada wake up it's about having them have the guns and citizens without, its not about gun crime. Trudeau and the liberals are sick.
                              You are allowed one rifle with easy access for such things, i can be loaded and out the door in ten seconds, done it more than once. Firearms safety course page 199 paragraph b and c. Paragraph a states a bolt action rifle may be stored unlocked with the bolt removed. Ammo need not be locked if stored away from guns page 93.
                              Last edited by makar; Jan 30, 2020, 12:23.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...