• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moisture Testers

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moisture Testers

I had the old school 919 grain moisture tester in which I switched for the 919 electronic tester (does it's own temp etc) which I am finding out is the biggest piece of shit I could have wasted money on...barely used and the panel quit working and now I am finding out it isn't accurate...what do other guys use that is accurate and reliable?

Should I say I want a tester that wont cause climate change? Will that get a response?

Comment

we tried the Perten manual one from flamen , lasted three days . elevator here has the Perten 5200 which is automatic. seems good
      were just gonna go back to a 919

Comment

We still use the “old school” 919 so can’t help.

The only thing I was considering upgrading was to a digital scale to weigh quickly.

Comment

ive tried a few electric ones like the minigac. But still using good old reliable analog 919.

Comment

I’ve been using one of those screw the cap on handhelds for about 8 years. Extremely accurate and handy. Was about 300 bucks back then.

Comment

Labtronics 919. Portable for in the combine.

Comment

I bought one of these 10-12 years ago, it’s been working good so far.

http://www.shopmoisturetesters.com/shore-model-920-portable-moisture-tester-package-for-grain/

Flaman or CanSeed sell them.

Comment

Originally posted by MBgrower View Post
                  ive tried a few electric ones like the minigac. But still using good old reliable analog 919.
                  Did the Minigac work ok? Bayer has a promotion on right now to give one away as a rebate for seed treatment. Would like a portable one. I also use old 919.

Comment

Thanks guys....I am thinking I will go back to the old style 919.

Comment

We use a 919 with digital scale, leave it set up in one location all year around, have it calibrated once a year (right before harvest) and seems to work very well. Calibrate combine moisture to 919 whenever we switch crops in harvest and all seems to work well. Pretty hard to beat the old reliable tech sometimes!!

Comment

Originally posted by GDR View Post
                        Did the Minigac work ok? Bayer has a promotion on right now to give one away as a rebate for seed treatment. Would like a portable one. I also use old 919.
                        i found it hit and miss, sometimes out by 0.5% to the 919, which i test against the nearby elevator . not sure why, but it would be much more convenient having the minigac in the combine cab than running back to the shop to test on the 919. I also get the 919 recalibrated every two years or so to make sure its accurate.

Comment

Old school 919. Calibrated.
                          Phone the reading back to combine.
                          Consistent with neighbors 919 that has never been calibrated.

I just wish it was consistent with the elevator. Hahaha.
                          Last four years if elevator said bring er in I didn't argue and say "but my 919 says it's wet" .
                          I don't know what to believe anymore.
                          All the portables I've tried didn't work. 19 is the new dry anyway.
                          What the terminal says she is that's what I call er.
                          I give up lol.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...
                          X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                          You agree to our and by clicking I agree.