• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prairie Plants - Cancer Medicine and Antibiotics

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prairie Plants - Cancer Medicine and Antibiotics

Regina Leader Post article says two Lethbridge College researchers have been actively searching for and studying various native plants for their cancer-fighting properties. Seems one they are looking at is the Black-Eyed Susan and interviewing native “medicine men”. Also some plants apparently have antibiotic qualities. Very interesting.
    Last edited by sumdumguy; Jan 26, 2020, 05:20.

Lots of drugs are natural
    Drug co’s dont want anyone to know that
    Hisbiscus helps mild hypertension

Comment

https://www.zerohedge.com/health/scientists-britain-may-have-just-accidentally-found-cure-cancer

Comment

Recent Smithsonian article mentions the new antibiotics available found in soil.
        They work on superbugs but aren't jumped at by the majors. Profit.

Comment

I’ve seen them at a couple of events with their booth. It is interesting.

I’d love to see it translate into ag as well. I know of some UK producers actively seeding herbal leys to help promote their livestock’s health. Think it could mean a lot for native pasture if there are studies showing some of the plants help promote livestock health here as well.

Now that I think about it I believe they gave me an email address of the prof who may be doing such studies. I’ll have to try and dig it up and see.

Comment

Hey Blathin, did your shorts rot?

I am referring to the experiment you did in the past where you bury a pair of whitey tighties.

Comment

I believe they have the answer to cancer already but nobody can make money on the cure so it gets forgotten about the pharmaceutical companies won 't let it happen when there is no money for them in it. It is the same as our farm chemicals they don't want anything to good because the we don't need it every year. Those parasites will look after themselves first before they help you!

Comment

Originally posted by LEP View Post
                Hey Blathin, did your shorts rot?

I am referring to the experiment you did in the past where you bury a pair of whitey tighties.
                Time got away from me and I never did get them buried.

Hopefully I’ll get to it this year. I’ve got a bag of mens tighty whities that I have nothing else to do with so might as well bury them! Did some different work in different areas around the acreage last year so it’ll be interesting to see if that causes any differences. Although would have been nice to have some rotten ones as comparison from before!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...
                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.