Wexit

Commodity Marketing

Tools

Wexit

Jan 23, 2020 | 08:31 1 So, who all are signing the petition. Are you happy with the direction the countries going, if not, are you willing to do anything about it. Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes


  • Jan 23, 2020 | 09:11 2
    Quote Originally Posted by RD414 View Post
    So, who all are signing the petition. Are you happy with the direction the countries going, if not, are you willing to do anything about it.
    Just wait one month. Support is 30% right now. See what happens with Teck Frontier. If that is killed watch the fireworks. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • Jan 23, 2020 | 11:07 3
    Quote Originally Posted by jazz View Post
    Just wait one month. Support is 30% right now. See what happens with Teck Frontier. If that is killed watch the fireworks.
    November poll showed 25% support in AB, 18% in SK, 10% in BC and 7% in MB. Support has likely declined as we move further away from the outrage of their party of choice not winning the election. Wexit is going nowhere. Reply With Quote
    Jan 23, 2020 | 11:11 4 The reform party went no where either ...right? Reply With Quote
    Jan 23, 2020 | 11:39 5
    Quote Originally Posted by grassfarmer View Post
    November poll showed 25% support in AB, 18% in SK, 10% in BC and 7% in MB. Support has likely declined as we move further away from the outrage of their party of choice not winning the election. Wexit is going nowhere.
    You seem to dismiss the possibility of people actually not being supportive of an anti-energy, anti-industry, anti-agriculture, anti-Western federal government.
    It does make sense for more autonomy for provinces and regions within Canada since the priorities and values are so different.

    Your old country of Scotland has always had a portion of their population unhappy with their evil England masters. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • Jan 23, 2020 | 11:53 6
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliver88 View Post
    You seem to dismiss the possibility of people actually not being supportive of an anti-energy, anti-industry, anti-agriculture, anti-Western federal government......
    Not just me dismissing it, clearly the majority of the population even in AB does. Reply With Quote
    Jan 23, 2020 | 12:14 7
    Quote Originally Posted by grassfarmer View Post
    Not just me dismissing it, clearly the majority of the population even in AB does.
    LOL, according to the very reliable poll you copy and pasted.

    The Trudeau Liberal government received received 0 MP’s in the October election, people aren’t excactly pleased with an Eastern based Liberal government. Reply With Quote
  • 3 Likes


  • Jan 23, 2020 | 12:28 8
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliver88 View Post
    LOL, according to the very reliable poll you copy and pasted.

    The Trudeau Liberal government received received 0 MP’s in the October election, people aren’t excactly pleased with an Eastern based Liberal government.
    That wasn't a Wexit vote that was a Federal election - not the same thing. Those that predicted it would lead to Wexit have also been proven wrong. Face it - it's not going to happen because the vast majority of the population don't want it. It's called democracy. Reply With Quote
    ajl
    Jan 23, 2020 | 12:42 9 I have to indicate support for Wexit. Reality is that even in AB, there are more dependent on receiving tax dough than paying tax dough. Civil servants and pensioners are two large voting blocks and old people see the federal government as the source of there pension. Economically speaking, for the worker and those taxpayer of the future, Wexit is an overwhelming total nobrainer. Do you really want to carry eastern canuckistan and Hongcouver on your backs for the rest of your life? Those folks do nothing for you but they will take and take if you let them. Older people do have a nostalgia for a time when canuckistan meant something and not the dufusville it has become today. The clown prince is only a symtom.
    Last edited by ajl; Jan 23, 2020 at 12:44.
    Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • Jan 23, 2020 | 12:43 10 The collection of signatures didn’t stop in December, I heard of a march first or March 31st deadline. There is a strong push going on right now. Have to agree with Jazz, if they kill that project, all hell will breakout. Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes


  • Jan 23, 2020 | 13:51 11 Just need the right amout of pain applied.

    I showed you how insolvent our programs are, now look in the nat post today and article showing that Canadas top 10% of earners pay more than 50% of the taxes in the country and those 10% are not 1%ers. Just regular working folk. Since Ab and Sk have the highest per capital gdp and the youngest populations, you are looking at a country where most of the population is coasting on the efforts of a small minority.

    Ab and Sk will have to be sucked dry to keep this house of cards afloat. Peter Zeihan is predicting Canadas social net will fall apart. He is right. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • Jan 23, 2020 | 14:48 12 So they don't pay any taxes in the good ole USA! LMAO Reply With Quote
    Jan 23, 2020 | 14:56 13
    Quote Originally Posted by wiseguy View Post
    canada is done !

    Know one is gonna run a business to collect tax for the government !

    Just read an article that the Four seasons in vancouver is closing after 40 years !

    good luck cadillac fairview trying to fill those leases !
    Quebec is an under the table business haven....then they use equalization for the rest... Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • Jan 23, 2020 | 14:58 14 So there are 49 other states that may or may not have a sales tax. But I expect they collect other types of state taxes in Montana and elsewhere. And the Federal government also collects taxes.

    So where is this utopian no tax land you dream of because it certainly isn't the USA? Reply With Quote
    Jan 23, 2020 | 15:09 15 Canadians may pay more taxes than Americans, but here’s what they get for their money

    https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/07/cana...s-a-catch.html Reply With Quote
    Jan 23, 2020 | 17:04 16
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckChuck View Post
    Canadians may pay more taxes than Americans, but here’s what they get for their money

    https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/07/cana...s-a-catch.html
    Chuck please read and respond to the national Post article that states the highest earning 10% of Canadians pay 54% of the income tax payed. Think about that Chuck, left leaning parties like the NDP always go on about the wealthy paying their fair share, looks to me like they pay their share and then some!!
    Last edited by Hamloc; Jan 23, 2020 at 19:31.
    Reply With Quote
    Jan 23, 2020 | 17:30 17
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckChuck View Post
    So there are 49 other states that may or may not have a sales tax. But I expect they collect other types of state taxes in Montana and elsewhere. And the Federal government also collects taxes.

    So where is this utopian no tax land you dream of because it certainly isn't the USA?


    Alaska has no state income tax . Infact they get a cheque from the state. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • Jan 24, 2020 | 07:56 18
    Quote Originally Posted by RD414 View Post
    So, who all are signing the petition. Are you happy with the direction the countries going, if not, are you willing to do anything about it.
    speaking of petitions I see the petition to sell Montana to Canada for 1 trillion dollars to reduce the US debt now has over 19,000 signatures. Apparently, Montana gets the same respect from the rest of the US as western Canada gets from the rest of Canada. What is really interesting is that some of the Montana State legislatures took this serious enough to vote against the petition for sale in a committee meeting and could not even unanimously reject the idea. 5 out of the 20 votes were in favor of the sale. I love some of the comments from Montana citizens that signed in favor of the sale such as: I'd love for this to happen. Then Montanas would have decent health care, better roads, and more arenas.

    I guess the grass is always greener on the other side. . Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes


  • Jan 24, 2020 | 08:09 19 Continent would have been better served to have been split east west Churchill through Winnipeg down the Mississippi down to New Orleans. Quebecers could keep going to Florida and the west could have Vegas and Phoenix. Sorry SF3. Reply With Quote