• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big Canola headlines this morning and no its Not China is back.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Canola headlines this morning and no its Not China is back.

This morning I awoke to two headlines that struck a nerve. It seems the markets thinks farmers are dropping canola because of china.

"Canola Planting Prospects Dim After China Trade Tussle"

"Farmers won't be planting much canola this year as the oilseed loses its lustre on China trade woes"

HAHAHAAH the market is partially right but the reality is farmers are waking up to the fact the Gov of Canada doesn't give a rats ass about the issue with China and has done nothing to straighten it out. Period.

Farmers also see that the Processors are still making out great crushing the oil and then selling that at a great process. Again farmers are getting nothing because the market is focusing on China.

Farmers are also seeing other countries buying our cheap canola and then probably not even shipping it to there country just head the ship straight to china are making good profits.

Farmers are seeing the 2025 or 25 mill acres was all about keeping the industry happy and not helping farmers at all. It just guaranteed a supply to keep the game going.

Farmers are realizing our farmer groups have done jack shit to push what is happening and actually fell hook line and sinker to what the Trudeau gov was pushing. That is doing sweet **** all.

Farmers are seeing that Canola is getting so costly to grow and the games with seed costs etc are hurting their bottom line.

Finally, the once-great crop that a farmer could actually make a buck was taken from us by.

1. China
    2. Gov doing nothing
    3. Grain Companies
    4. Seed Companies
    5. Farm Groups.

Take your bow you did really great screwing up a crop.

Oh, **** the seed tax Trudeau and your carbon tax and any other dream idea you have.
    Last edited by SASKFARMER; Jan 20, 2020, 07:14.

It’s a chapter in the “Attack Those Rich Battards in The West” book. Power to the East!

Comment

What amazes me is that the Fed gov doesn't even have the canola crisis on their radar. BOBOO can't figure out the carbon tax costs us farmers money how the hell will she figure out Canola is screwed.

Or is the Carbon tax the fed gov look here to see the carbon tax and well give you it back in a rebate and the china thing is pushed on for another year of doing nothing.

Comment

Only thing on the news is the snow storm that needs government help, Manitoba's premier talking with Trudeau and happy because he is still getting equalization , and the Huawei case starts ....

Canola doesn't count...it doesn't have any economic benefit ...does it??????

Comment

Follow the money with Manitoba it's really easy to see why he is on Trudeau's side. Broke without his little check from Ottawa.

Comment

More payola. 🤑🤑🤑

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
              Follow the money with Manitoba it's really easy to see why he is on Trudeau's side. Broke without his little check from Ottawa.
              Yup , Pallister has no option but to kiss Trudeau's ass....he can use the money to help companies like Roquette build there so peas can be trucked in from Saskatchewan....much like our feed grains and livestock going to Alberta for slaughter...

Meanwhile Saskatchewan builds a bypass that is expensed over 30 years to help the trucks move back and forth quicker around Regina to go back and forth between Alberta and Manitoba...

Comment

Farmers may be dropping canola due to the conflict with China, but the big factor is the cost to grow this stuff. Seed costs have gotten far and beyond past the point of nonsense. We keep buying they will keep increasing ..... that can be said about a million other things.
                When asked by seed companies at the crop show my canola plans for 2020 I said a big fat zero. Told them I’m boycotting due to the insane seed costs, and I wish more would don the same. Their comment like everyone was “but look at the research and technology” that goes into it. I just laughed and said they teach you well.

Comment

If the R&D was worth it you wouldn't need 100 different varieties renamed by various companies to do the same thing...

GM learnt that they didn't need 8 cars on the same platform and started reducing the names...

I really don't know why they need the silverado and Sierra ..Same seats, engine and controls in both of them ..

Comment

I am kind of surprised no one has mentioned a very recent Western Producer article: Canola seed prices not equal. A good read and a bit of an eye opener as to how badly retailers screw over farmers.

Comment

$2B in seed is bought every year for the past 20 years. It probably took a couple years a few hundred thousand bucks to graft a new gene onto the canola genome and watch it grow in the greenhouse for a few yrs.

I would say that tech has been paid for in spades.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                        $2B in seed is bought every year for the past 20 years. It probably took a couple years a few hundred thousand bucks to graft a new gene onto the canola genome and watch it grow in the greenhouse for a few yrs.

I would say that tech has been paid for in spades.
                        Is that how they calculate the 9 dollar return for every dollar spent ??????

Comment

Just back from the meeting in Ituna for harvest 2019 and how to handle it. Basically put both hands on hip bend over as far as you can go because that’s all we’re going to get. Maybe a few Deer will eat your crop.

We’re pushing the province to push ottawa. We have programs if your below your guarantee. But if your over Hahahaha good ducking luck.

Why I go it’s the same stuff but at least the head of crop insurance and a few others attended. Next one is Davidson and Saskatoon. Nothing on health issues etc.

Oh some one ask if cleaning out deere crap and mouse crap would be allowed and covered yes. But No one ask if your over your production does it count. I would say no

Got some info but basically nothing is going to happen all are talking. 2020 ag stab will allow hail insurance GARS and others not used in the income part.

Comment

Got some info but basically nothing is going to happen all are talking. 2020 ag stab will allow hail insurance GARS and others not used in the income part.

OK so what is that all about...why would you use GARS and agri stability unless they are using it to lower your premium ....and then you are using insurance to farm....something isn't right with this change...and why wouldn't GARS and crop insurance be considered the same way...

Comment

I agree if you farmed on mars and moved to Saskatchewan it would of helped you understand what is available and how all the programs work. Then you would of said **** this I’m going back to Mars better chance of success.

Oh yes the north deals with this every few years but most gets harvested or a few fields are left out. We have the setup to harvest and dry we’re not new kids on the block.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...