• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wheat Prices Here

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheat Prices Here

Despite rise in futures dollar weaker all grades down 10 to 15$ per tonne today basis weakening.

Rain across a fair few areas changed demand a little enough for prices to come back.

Bog standard wheat 10 to 11.5 will sit at current levels I reckon $320/330 still good coin

Does your wheat use the Minneapolis HRS contract?
    Last edited by Oliver88; Jan 19, 2020, 22:18.

Comment

Wow is all I can say. Around here standard wheat like that fetches $220 per tonne and after the elevator deducts drying cost $200. Most farmers there, even factoring the drought, had a better year than I did. My yield was poor as well due to flooding. At least you don't get dust storms in a flood. Basis levels are high in this particular area due to the variable quality of the wheat. Troubles with falling number, frost damage and sprouting all being factors.

Comment

I just talked to one of the local Richardson Pioneer elevators I deal with, similar specs - #2 CW Red Spring wheat 12.2 protein $5.55/bu or $203.92/tonne, less 21 cents/bu. drying down from 15.8% moisture.

Comment

What is bog standard wheat, and where can I get some......

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...
          X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
          You agree to our and by clicking I agree.