• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heartbreaking

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heartbreaking

Central west NSW

Not all spots getting rain

Click image for larger version

Name:	139379E3-6C17-4A4E-B68B-E4C83309576C.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	15.8 KB
ID:	779283

Click image for larger version

Name:	9CC693E1-7589-4FD0-AF1A-C29A39767E8E.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	779284

Is that what desertification will look like? Those are horrific pictures. I hope Australia is not a test tube for global climate change. The cause is irrelevant, it is the effect that is concerning.

Comment

Similar pictures were shot in southern Alberta and Saskatchewan from the 20's and 30's. Many of those area were considered unfarmable then but today are quite the bread basket. That does not help the folks that this affects but it is not the end. The more climate changes the more it stays the same. We lose lots of crop here due to flooding but that is likely worse.

Comment

Suggest grazing country only.

In our state up in pastoral country one recording centre had 12mm for the year i kid you not.

Makes me happy I got 255mm compared to average of 350mm

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
          Suggest grazing country only.

In our state up in pastoral country one recording centre had 12mm for the year i kid you not.

Makes me happy I got 255mm compared to average of 350mm
          In the drier areas is there much for ground water for wells or how do they water stock? We can see our ground water change a lot from wetter years to drier times.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...
          X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
          You agree to our and by clicking I agree.