• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WIND ENERGY is extremely efficient

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LEP View Post
    Wind also has a better fit in a costal location. It is always windy on the coast. Denmark has lots of windmills in the Ocean.
    George Straight comes to mind .... “Ocean Front Property”

Wind power will only be a temporary relief of the power required in the centre of continental areas.
    Comparing Sask and Alberta to coastal regions let alone tropical coastal regions is a bit of a stretch . Most of the areas mentioned have never been below 0 deg C ........

Comment

I do want to believe wind turbines are a great way to help for powering our future but I’m not sure the numbers are real or not, if you remember roughly 10 years ago 3 hockey rinks had gotten wind turbines I think sask power helped purchase the turbines and a website was made so people could check on how much electricity was produced, Pretty much every time I checked the turbines were actually using more electricity than they made and now I’m having a hard time even finding any thing on the web about these turbines.

There’s a ton of money going into these turbines and people are getting rich on our tax dollars and I’d really like real world numbers and not the BS ones.

Comment

We live on a block of ice for over half a year where people’s lives depend on system that can supply heat 24/7. You can’t compare Canada to other parts of the world it’s bloody cold here plus we sit in the dark for over half of it. In Billing’s Montana when it hit -20 with no wind they where in a panic and thought the world was going to end. Meanwhile north of 49 it was -40 with a normal breeze. Costa Rica vs Canada is about the same as comparing a penguin to a hummingbird

Comment

Originally posted by Integrity_Farmer View Post
          Denmark WIND ELECTRICITY

Denmark hit a major renewable energy milestone in 2019, producing nearly half of its electricity from wind alone.

State-run energy operator Energinet announced its new wind record on Twitter Thursday. The renewable energy source now makes up 47 percent of the country’s energy consumption, heating the previous record set in 2017 of 43 percent.

https://earther.gizmodo.com/denmark-sets-new-record-for-wind-energy-putting-us-all-1840777389
          Interesting you bring up Denmark. They have the highest mix of renewable generation in the EU, and they also have the highest consumer electricity rates in the EU.
          If wind generation is so cheap, why do the Danes pay so much more for their power?

Comment

I’d like to make one big wind funnel, point it at Chuck and Integrity and blow them to the coast of Denmark. After a few years, they can report back to us on windmills. I bet you all knew what I really wanted to say😂

Comment

Denmark WIND ELECTRICITY

Denmark hit a major renewable energy milestone in 2019, producing nearly half of its electricity from wind alone.

State-run energy operator Energinet announced its new wind record on Twitter Thursday. The renewable energy source now makes up 47 percent of the country’s energy consumption, heating the previous record set in 2017 of 43 percent.

https://earther.gizmodo.com/denmark-sets-new-record-for-wind-energy-putting-us-all-1840777389
              Kinda meaningless to us here in the centre of a huge continent with very unreliable wind patterns and velocities.
              Great that it works well in areas like Denmark with continuous steady reliable trade winds from off the oceans .
              Not a reality here though , then add in much lower temperatures that demand more power usage. Power consumption at -30 to -40 is much different than areas like Denmark that rarely drop below freezing .
              You make a good point that it works in certain areas in the world , but any grade 10 student knows that .

Comment

The GST on carbon tax is bringing in about $150m a year. Why dont they build 150 windmills with that money if renweables are so great and the climate is going to hell?

Comment

I guess I was close but not three but four hockey rinks got wind turbines, at five hundred thousand each and hopefully making 8 thousand in power a year and costing 25 hundred a year in maintenance.
                  It sure doesn’t sound like a winner.

The wind turbines were installed in Central Butte, Eatonia, Shaunavon and Strasbourg. I’m wondering if these turbines are in operation.

A guy down the road put up a fairly large turbine I think it cost a little more than a hundred grand and a few years later the company that built it went broke and the blades haven’t turned since.

If these turbines were such a good deal there'd be way more installations in the country side, after all most farm houses in the 40s and 50s had a water pump windmill and a 6 volt battery charger windmill.

Comment

The flat earth society on Agriville isn't prepared to admit human caused climate change is an issue nor something they should do anything about.

So they will find and fabricate any reason possible not to support any efforts to reduce carbon emisssions with renewable energy sources.

About the only thing they will support is ethanol and bio-fuels which have questionable carbon emission reduction benefits, but they do help prop up ag commidity prices based on government mandated Renewable Fuel Standard.

"The Renewable Fuel Standard (RFS) requires U.S. transportation fuel to contain a minimum volume of renewable fuel. The RFS—established by the Energy Policy Act of 2005 (P.L. 109-58; EPAct05) and expanded in 2007 by the Energy Independence and Security Act (P.L. 110-140; EISA)—began with 4 billion gallons of renewable fuel in 2006 and aims to ascend to 36 billion gallons in 2022. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has statutory authority to determine the volume amounts after 2022."

Comment

Originally posted by TSIPP View Post
                      I guess I was close but not three but four hockey rinks got wind turbines, at five hundred thousand each and hopefully making 8 thousand in power a year and costing 25 hundred a year in maintenance.
                      It sure doesn’t sound like a winner.

The wind turbines were installed in Central Butte, Eatonia, Shaunavon and Strasbourg. I’m wondering if these turbines are in operation.

A guy down the road put up a fairly large turbine I think it cost a little more than a hundred grand and a few years later the company that built it went broke and the blades haven’t turned since.

If these turbines were such a good deal there'd be way more installations in the country side, after all most farm houses in the 40s and 50s had a water pump windmill and a 6 volt battery charger windmill.

Central Butte turbine was taken out a couple years ago...

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                        The flat earth society on Agriville isn't prepared to admit human caused climate change is an issue nor something they should do anything about.

So they will find and fabricate any reason possible not to support any efforts to reduce carbon emisssions with renewable energy sources. 2022."
                        Nope, now turn that statement around. The climate alarmists aren't willing to accept we cant power our society on unicorn farts and the thinnest of science and are doing anything and everything they can to shut down our only reliable energy sources at the altar of climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                          Central Butte turbine was taken out a couple years ago...
                          The Eatonia turbine was removed a few years ago too.

Comment

Why can no one answer the questions I asked. Why deal in hyperbole. I posted a CBC article that quotes the price of contracts for wind energy (the article says it is about 4 cents a kw hour. I also asked what we pay for energy in Sask and Alberta

These contracts are real contracts for energy in Sask and Alberta. This is not fantasy

From my previous post
                            Wind energy makes sense in Canada at a generation cost of 3 to 4 cents per kWh as the article I posted indicates.
                            What are you currently paying for hydro in Sask and Alberta? cents per kWh?

Comment

What are you currently paying for hydro in Sask and Alberta? cents per
                              kWh?
                              9-11c

But your economics need a brush up because you cant directly compare a subsidized intermittent energy source with a free market one that is 100% reliable.

Work in the subsidy, the FF backup the wind mill relies on and its downtime and its easily double what nat gas could do.

Here Saskpower is installing a massive combined cycle power plant at moose jaw just to back up the extra renewables they are putting on the grid. Why aren't they installing wind and solar to back up wind and solar? Sask is a big place, must be sun shining or wind blowing somewhere.

https://ceaa-acee.gc.ca/050/documents/p80170/129227E.pdf Moose Jaw Combined Cycle Power Station Project
                              Last edited by jazz; Jan 20, 2020, 09:25.

Comment

Good thing sex and electricity aren't similar. At least one can have occasional results from fantasy.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...