• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New reality ?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New reality ?

Found this in another forum , although not surprising , it’s going to add more regulation that’s not needed but coming.

I was told a long time ago we will have to document absolutely everything.
    Not a big deal as most records can just be plucked off monitors.

It’s just what’s the end game of all this regulation going to be ?

Over regulation on any business has never been beneficial. Most industries end up simply getting crushed by extremely unnecessary red tape for no other reason than some useless government job creation program.

its called being a peasant....and if you look back in history its because we had weak leadership in places like SWP and others that enjoyed the liquid lunches while listening to suits....

I went to the AGMs on January 13, 2020 in saskatoon ...many familiar faces from the various reading I do plus the same guys in the background as I read their name tags....

There is one common theme amongst many of them.....they are accomplishing nothing...in the years they sit on boards...and some get offended when questioning their their accomplishments or their record...
    Last edited by bucket; Jan 19, 2020, 10:43.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
      Bucket tell us more about the meetings
      Twenty minute presentations....I missed the first part of the Wheat commission but there was talk about the falling number issues.

I spoke to someone after about wheat and falling numbers and explained what happened last fall was the system was overwhelmed with testing from every grainco but many of the samples were from the same farmers....they take samples to different graincos and they send them away ....

Here is my idea...farmers send their sample to an independent lab and those samples get entered into a database that a farmer can discuss when he is at the elevator by opening the data...its his data not the grainco's until they buy the grain.

Missed the barley ... I don't grow...not a producer...

Flax was interesting...quick but seems there is some good work there...

Spoke about the appointed directors at the SPG ....that got some discussion. Fenugreek had questions about the funding of R&D and the resource pull for it...

Resolutions about the carbon tax and seed company were passed with good discussions....I always like the guys that add a thoughtful position from the opposing side...

It is also always good that people understand procedure....I was confused there for a while...

The resolution for a refundable / voluntary checkoff that every other commission has was defeated...its always good to see a random farmer reading from SPG letterhead as to the reasons why it should be defeated...

Comment

There also seems to be a strong sentiment of moving away from representing farmers to representing industry as the farmers reps have their minds changed as to how to make farmers profitable again...

Morris is the canary in the coal mine...you could throw 100 million at Morris industries...wont solve their issues until farmers are buying again...

Comment

You can design the best equipment in the world, but if does not help you turning a profit, it is just scrap metal.

Comment

That also goes for regulations. If there is no one left to regulate they have no meaning.

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
              That also goes for regulations. If there is no one left to regulate they have no meaning.
              Yup ...regulations say the commissions can take my money and spend it on R&D along with a little help from government officials saying there is a 9 dollar return for every dollar invested....and yet the math never works out for farmers while the commissions take from one pocket and the government takes from the other....with their so called investments??????

Comment

Since the private graders have started , we take all our wheat samples to them for grading, then send results to grain companies in that 60 mile radius for their best offers on our total wheat tonnage. Has gone to Viterra by Forrest last 3 years with good movement, usually all gone by mid March, about 6700 -8000 tone

Comment

Remember the CETA agreement? If this guy fell for the hype the canola growers is pushing for European access and signed up for certification so his canola can be shipped to Europe, then yes you need to follow the EU rules and not ours. When they pushed the paper towards me my only reply was GFY not happening. Here's the link.

https://www.canolacouncil.org/canola-biofuels/meeting-europe%E2%80%99s-requirements/assessment-ready-checklist/

Refer to step #2

Comment

We deal with richardson... Was told this is a new demand from Rabobank... That's their finance provider and on the same level as a payday lender.

I would stop all production before i tied any inputs to one company and their financing.

Comment

I don’t know how employee payroll ,land title ,rental contract makes the grain better

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...