• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At one point .....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At one point .....

I would like to see this return on investment start funding itself...

And if true why are farmers not seeing the returns to their farms..

read on....

"""""""Agriculture minister David Marit has announced crop research funding of $11-million for this year.

Marit says the federal-provincial funding will cover 47 crop-related research projects.

He says the projects include clubroot management, herbicide resistance and improving crop yields.

Marit says grain research has a payback of almost $9for every dollar put into it.

Various provincial organizations are providing an additional $8.7-million for the crop research.""""""

If the bolded statement is true then why is so hard to fund agrirecovery or help farmers out given the weather this year...that should equate to a 100 million return ...

Maybe I don't understand a 9 dollar return for every dollar put into it...BUT ...they certainly don't....because the money is coming from the agriculture budget....

Originally posted by wiseguy
    In my opinion most of that research is bull****!

Mostly just money to fund/create jobs at the university !
    But can you explain the 9 dollar payback for every dollar spent?

They use the same nonsense for justifying the billion dollar irrigation project they are planning???

Comment

You would think if its a 9:1 return everyone would be doing it with private money?????

I think someone is bullshitting with those kinds of statements...

And better yet why are they not self funding ????

Comment

Based on the replies to the ‘ Bayer/ Dekalb ‘ thread, most current modern canola seed is shit so the conclusion is that seed research money has not been well spent.

Comment

Originally posted by Taiga View Post
          Based on the replies to the ‘ Bayer/ Dekalb ‘ thread, most current modern canola seed is shit so the conclusion is that seed research money has not been well spent.
          OR ....maybe the return isn't there that has been espoused by our retarded ag minister and his team????????

Comment

He is a very stupid man....he has spent his whole life on boards....where are any results?

No one starts talking about 85000 acres of irrigation on prime farmland while ignoring the current issues facing farmers....

The reason recent news in ag manufacturing highlights that there are issues...

You can't fix those problems by throwing money at those companies....go ask the average taxpayer if they are in the market for a 60 plus foot drill. .....not likely. ..

And neither are many farmers...you have to get farmers buying to fix the manufacturers issues...
            Last edited by bucket; Jan 17, 2020, 13:03.

Comment

If the pay-back was so great Pioneer would be giving us the seed as long as we delivered the product back to them.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...
              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.