• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In this day and age....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In this day and age....

Why can't these speakers at cropshere be put an a subscription to watch at home?

This driving to get to a show in minus 30 seems a little tupid....when it could be done in the comfort of home...

We have tractors that can drive themselves on a field for mile long stretches but still need to be there in person to listen to a person give a motivational talk..

Then you listen to the guy from FCC talk on the radio about the three disruptors impacting agriculture...1.Climate change...2. Trade agreements 3. automation

And yet we can't do information meetings online..

And it doesn't matter if its cropshere or agronomy winter meetings all over the province...

Most could be done on a screen...

Originally posted by wiseguy
    I wouldn't waste my time listening to those people !
    Right... but the agronomy presentations in locations all over the province could be on a screen instead of wasting time on the road...

Comment

Cropshere- $275 registration?

Comment

Wonder who the hosts/sponsors are for this event?

Comment

Yes $ 275.00 registration fee !

sask pulse, sask canola, sask oats, sask flax, sask wheat partnered as hosts to offer growers this event to attend !
          Using checkoff money to make you pay to listen. ...brilliant hey...nor one will say how it is on the farm....just a motivational talk to want you to do it again....

Comment

Must be because we are in the middle of a climate crisis, that everyone takes seriously. At least judging by the actions of the folks travelling to the climate forums instead of using Skype.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
              Cropshere- $275 registration?
              There is your answer. Alot fewer $275 registration fees if you can get it online.

Comment

How can the suppliers gain market info if their customers stay home?

Comment

Just think if they could charge 50-100 dollars for the interactive event and a guy could type in questions interactively...

They might actually have more participation and more money...

I would gladly give up driving to spend an hour watching it on my computer and typing in questions as the speaker talks ....

It might give way to more discussion....like here...in a compacted way...

Comment

Bucket they don't want you asking questions from home !
                    anymore than they want you there in person asking questions , hence the $275 cover charge

Comment

I both agree and disagree bucket. I did the talk on DIY remote crop monitoring and current international progress on AgOpenGPS. Was really good to have people there asking questions directly, interacting, being personally challenged to learn. No doubt the best way to learn.

But, there is also no reason the presentation couldn't have been recorded and put on youTube for everyone to learn after the event. I make a lot of educational videos in Ag Tech, but ones like this would be really good to record while interacting with the crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by wd9 View Post
                        I both agree and disagree bucket. I did the talk on DIY remote crop monitoring and current international progress on AgOpenGPS. Was really good to have people there asking questions directly, interacting, being personally challenged to learn. No doubt the best way to learn.

But, there is also no reason the presentation couldn't have been recorded and put on youTube for everyone to learn after the event. I make a lot of educational videos in Ag Tech, but ones like this would be really good to record while interacting with the crowd.
                        Good points ..typical out of all the people at a meeting 5 percent ask the pertinent questons ...

Then in a weeks time post the video...

Comment

This has become an industry for those running these shows. With YouTube there could be a virtual show.

Comment

The same as some past years is that quite a few of the speakers presentations are on the Cropsphere website or at least pdfs of them
                            https://www.cropsphere.com/2020-speakers-presentations

Comment

I was there for some of it. Lots of guys just went to the annual meetings. No cost to go to those. I felt there was more discussion at some of the meetings a lot of years. The biggest take away for me was the understanding that we are probably going to lose the current variety release program at SPG. From my understanding the CDC doesn't want to do it any more so expect that new pulse varieties going forward in a year or two will be sold to other seed companies and there will be no more legal brown bagging of new CDC pulse varieties that SPG will not have distribution rights to. It will be a sad day if this comes to pass.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.