• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Morris looks in trouble

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You paid Fifty!!

Comment

So does everyone with late model Morris equipment take a extra depreciation hit because of future replacement parts issues?

Comment

Federal Investments Support Morris Innovation. ... Morris will receive nearly $3.5 million through the Western Innovation (WINN) Initiative to commercialize an advanced manufacturing technology for its production process. “Morris has a history of being an innovative company backed by solid customer service.Apr 17, 2017

Comment

Originally posted by woodland View Post
          Bummer we were going to pull the Morris tank in shortly to rebuild the meters. Maybe the bourgault will come in first instead. Can’t figure out the economics of $500k+ air drills but I’m glad someone did so I can buy the $50k “experienced” one instead. 😉
          You have to have guys buying new to have any used equipment...

When those guys quit buying ....it affects the chain....

That's why guys or the public in general shouldn't get too worked up about an ad hoc payment to farmers...

People make comments that a guy might go buy something if there is government help. ...I say good on them ....it creates a value chain many can't comprehend....

Until you start seeing Morris industries and others go under. ...

Then there will be a need for funding for Morris. ....don't matter ...no one is buying shit because farmers are not making money...

Carry it on long enough and bourgault will be be in the same boat....

Supporting manufacturers isn't going to carry the economy....

Supporting farmers will support the economy including the bourgault and Morris people. ...

Although I think it's too late for Morris Industries....and that's an indicator....

So ILTA has went under ....and now Morris Industries....Just curious how many dairies have went out of business for the same reasons in Canada in the same timeframe????? You guys see where I am going with the logic????

Matter of fact when you look at the equipment industry it seems they are chasing the dairy farmers with incredible self propelled silage machines....food for thought?????
          Last edited by bucket; Jan 11, 2020, 08:17.

Comment

Bourgault laid a number of employees a year ago or so, now this. It’s only a matter of time before they are all in serious trouble. Keep building these soon to be million dollar drills and see how many they sell.
            Hate to say it but I like what taking place.
            The only way there is going to be a “correction” is when farmers put their size 12s down and say NO MORE to this ridiculous cost of depreciating iron.
            It’s time more than just the farmers starting suffering.

Comment

I have a bourgault drill now, but my very first drill was a Morris Maxum. It was light , but cheap. Metering rolls were the biggest pain in the butt. The housing should have been stainless from day one.

Anyone have the new quantum drill? There were somethings about it that I liked. Is that the one that had the warranty issues? Or was it their big tanks?

Comment

All the shiny equipment in the world won't save you if you can't turn a profit.

Comment

Originally posted by bigzee View Post
                  Bourgault laid a number of employees a year ago or so, now this. It’s only a matter of time before they are all in serious trouble. Keep building these soon to be million dollar drills and see how many they sell.
                  Hate to say it but I like what taking place.
                  The only way there is going to be a “correction” is when farmers put their size 12s down and say NO MORE to this ridiculous cost of depreciating iron.
                  It’s time more than just the farmers starting suffering.
                  I can't argue your logic...

What market is there for a used 80 foot drill that has 75000 acres on it in 3 years?

An average farmer can't buy it without buying a tractor to pull it...

But with the current HP he could buy a new smaller drill?

Which would a guy prefer????

I looked at a 3 year bourgault drill one time and they said they would give me a credit for changing the bushings....I said I am not looking for work I want a drill to put in the field...and if the bushings are phucked in 3 years....the drill isn't worth what they were asking...phuck off.....

Comment

Originally posted by LEP View Post
                    I have a bourgault drill now, but my very first drill was a Morris Maxum. It was light , but cheap. Metering rolls were the biggest pain in the butt. The housing should have been stainless from day one.

Anyone have the new quantum drill? There were somethings about it that I liked. Is that the one that had the warranty issues? Or was it their big tanks?
                    Neighbor bought one...the shank/openers moved on the frame..one guy had openers falling off the frame.....The tank leaked...they fixed it with silicone...when the tube of silicone came out ...he rejected it....he won't get far with it with Morris being under court protection...he lost over 80 hours waiting for in the field fixes....he would have settled for a new drill for 2020.....Morris wouldn't move ....he traded it didn't have 3000 acres on it...

Morris would have done themselves a big favour taking care of that guy because neighbors were watching the quantum.....they could have sold at least 4 in this area with the interest shown....

Obviously everyone is reconsidering.....no support and Morris is broke...

Comment

Moodys has sold to Robertson?

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                        Moodys has sold to Robertson?
                        Now that wouldn’t surprise me. They have been on a slow death for years. Run by the wizards at PFM in Regina.

Comment

It will be terrible if the Morris, Bourgault, seedmaster, and seedhawk companies start to go under. The farmers that own their product will have fence row junk if they cant get support or parts. None of these companies are immune to the reality of overpriced product and slowing sales. We own 2 morris drills only a couple years old and what can we do? We can’t trade because they are worthless now that there is the smell of bankruptcy problems in the air. Who says the other manufacturers are not next? Bourgault had huge layoffs less than a year ago and sales people say nobody is buying. Farmers may be forced to buy Deere or Case drills because the others are gone. Its not a good situation for the Ag industry, bottom line is that farmers will pay dearly if these companies go under.

Comment

Seed Hawk is already owned by an overseas company.

Comment

Originally posted by BreadWinner View Post
                              It will be terrible if the Morris, Bourgault, seedmaster, and seedhawk companies start to go under. The farmers that own their product will have fence row junk if they cant get support or parts. None of these companies are immune to the reality of overpriced product and slowing sales. We own 2 morris drills only a couple years old and what can we do? We can’t trade because they are worthless now that there is the smell of bankruptcy problems in the air. Who says the other manufacturers are not next? Bourgault had huge layoffs less than a year ago and sales people say nobody is buying. Farmers may be forced to buy Deere or Case drills because the others are gone. Its not a good situation for the Ag industry, bottom line is that farmers will pay dearly if these companies go under.
                              Let them all take a long cold bath.
                              We have to do things to survive it’s about time they did the same.

Comment

Originally posted by BreadWinner View Post
                                I think Morris would be a better fit for a major like deere or case as opposed to the conservapak system that deere bought...

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.