• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tillage radish and Austrian Winter peas

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tillage radish and Austrian Winter peas

Has anyone grown these cover crops for seed? I am interested in trying.

Try Fabian Seeds in Alberta . They have been into tillage radish for several years

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
      Try Fabian Seeds in Alberta . They have been into tillage radish for several years
      Yes, it probably can be done, but up here we are still too far north to successfully get a TR crop consistantly year over year. We are down by Medicine Hat (Tilley) and we are still too short a season. A lot of the production takes place in Oregon where they are in a much longer growing season. The guys that I am aware of who have tried it gave up after a few years of continued failed crops.
      As far as Winter Peas goes, I really have no production experience with them. We have issues from year to year with bare ground and overinter survivability with cereals. I know the Winter Peas are even more touchy that way.

Not much useful information but I hope this helps.

Patrick

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...