• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need some help with land rental, Regina region.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some help with land rental, Regina region.

Have an acquaintance in the Regina area I believe is getting seriously, purposefully, and royally HOSED by their tenant on the quarter they own. They are getting a shade more than 30 bucks an acre. So my question is what should they be getting? It is Regina Clay, not Heavy clay.

30 seems light.....but....

They could farm it themselves if they are not making enough. ...always opens people's eyes....

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
      Have an acquaintance in the Regina area I believe is getting seriously, purposefully, and royally HOSED by their tenant on the quarter they own. They are getting a shade more than 30 bucks an acre. So my question is what should they be getting? It is Regina Clay, not Heavy clay.
      Well I think Regina clay and heavy clay are the same.

Should be getting more than $75. Many getting $90.

Comment

I’ve heard as high as $125 west of Regina.

Comment

They're getting royally screwed. Renterra maybe doesn't work everywhere but it works around Regina. Tell them to try it.

Comment

Put it this way... If they're getting $30, they should be PAYING ME to rent land in the special areas...

Comment

Originally posted by bigzee View Post
              I’ve heard as high as $125 west of Regina.
              There is a theory that that little stretch of land that cuts between mj and Regina and runs SE can support every crop that can be grown on the continent. Easily has the most diverse crop mix right now. Lentils peas canola flax durum wheat chicks. The only place in sk with enough moisture and gdd to support corn and soya. You could potentially have a 5 or six crop rotation in there someday.

Comment

I would say that $30 is low but there are some long time renters paying numbers like this. I do have one quarter I rent under $40 but most are 40- 55 in my area. I know of guys paying over 100 dollars but not in my area.

Comment

And then there's the Wascana flats were an inch of water covers acres and acres, never soaks in when the ground is saturated and can only evaporate....just hope it stops raining those years. Not all gumbo is "equal".

Comment

How is it they don’t know what land is renting for in their area? Here, coffee row knows how much I’m paying before I do.

Tender it, easy way to find out what its worth....

Comment

I don’t understand how the tenant is screwing them?
                      They own the land;
                      if it’s a cash rent deal............they could just simply, either up the rent or take away the land and put it out there to see what market will pay.
                      If it’s a crop share deal and they think the tenant is a thief, they should end the relationship anyways.
                      $30 in the Regina region seems lite.
                      What type of rental agreement do they have?

Comment

Originally posted by STR1 View Post
                        I don’t understand how the tenant is screwing them?
                        They own the land;
                        if it’s a cash rent deal............they could just simply, either up the rent or take away the land and put it out there to see what market will pay.
                        If it’s a crop share deal and they think the tenant is a thief, they should end the relationship anyways.
                        $30 in the Regina region seems lite.
                        What type of rental agreement do they have?
                        It is not them that know they are being hosed by whom they think is a friend. It is I. I am trying to help them see this, but not getting very far. I don’t think there is any arrangement whatsoever. It is just a sad situation all round.

Comment

What does land cost to buy in that region?

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
                            What does land cost to buy in that region?
                            Tens of thousands an acre.

Comment

It is not them that know they are being hosed by whom they think is a friend. It is I. I am trying to help them see this, but not getting very far. I don’t think there is any arrangement whatsoever. It is just a sad situation all round.
                              Perhaps if it's a friend of theirs money isnt as important to the deal as it is to you. Might be best to worry about the problems in your backyard instead and besides aren't you usually complaining how your neighbors gave run the cost of land beyond a profitable level.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...