• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many people reseeding account frost?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many people reseeding account frost?

Frost over the weekend and last week damaged some newly emerged canola. Anyone reseeding?

Get out the can opener magpie.

Send him a letter, call him, email, or send a carrier pigeon. David Suzuki has a voice that people hear. Whatever course he decides to take will give us more than we have now.

Comment

While not condemning that idea, I have to wonder what it would accomplish? I think our problem is the American consumer not neccesarily the Canadian consumer? And I doubt if many Americans have ever heard of David Suzuki?
      Incidently Dave doesn't come cheap($40,000/talk, I believe) so I hope you could convince him to do it Pro Bono?
      I kind of get a laugh out of some of the local election coverage? My local incumbent says his two main concerns are BSE and the local deep well water injection(big local issue)! Then he proceeds to rip the Liberals on just about everything...and never mentions the other two again...well so much for his priorities, right?
      The fact is maybe 2% of the population is affected by BSE, so why waste much time on something no one cares about. We have to realize people are much more concerned about how they are going to fill the SUV, or get into see the doctor when their kid has a snotty nose, than whether some wealthy Alberta farmer is making enough money to buy a new John Deere? You know what I mean? They interview the guy telling them how it is so hard down on the farm, while he leans up against his $200,000 tractor? Frankly it just doesn't play well with the urbanites?

Comment

Our neck of the woods was 'blessed' with David Suzuki's presence a few years back when there was a logging dispute with some natives. Don't kid yourself that you will get unbiased factual reporting from that media *****. David Suzuki's science will sway whichever way he thinks will do David the most good. After he put on his little circus at the roadblock-he was gone and all that was left was the garbage from the protestors-so much for our 'Friends of Mother Earth'.

Comment

I've got to admit you are totally right . Dave knows how to promote Dave!
          And hey he's got a sweet little racket going and he's made a ton of money at it...so give the old boy credit? He knows how to pull the strings and he knows how to make a buck.

Comment

COwman do you realize we agreed on something. WE both better sit down lol.

Comment

Now I can sleep.

Comment

hey rp checked out your webpage-your calving right now-i might be going out that way in june maybe i'll stop in.

Comment

Guess all the crop reports are wrong.

Comment

Havent heard of any one reseeding anywhere

Comment

AB crop report:

Seeding progress in Alberta is estimated as 75% complete, slightly ahead normal. Seeding progress by crop is as follows: spring wheat 85%, durum wheat 90%, oats 45%, barley 65%, canola 80%, and dry peas 95%. Some fields were reseeded due to frost damage and winter kill in fall-seeded crops.

SK Crop Report:
                      South Eastern Saskatchewan (Crop Districts 1, 2 and 3AS East)

36% of the crop is seeded; early seeded crops are emerging; some early seeded canola may be re-seeded account frost

Comment

May 31 Sask Crop Report:

North Eastern Saskatchewan (Crop Districts 8 and 9A-East)

94% of the crop is seeded versus 80% last week; some farmers are reseeding due to frost damage

Comment

Up here in the South Peace district of Alberta there has been quit a bit of reseeding. A combination of frost and heavy flea beatle damage on the early planted canola.
                          Lots of spraying for flea beatles going on right now.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...