• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scheer resigns

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
    What do you guys and gals make of Pierre polloivre?
    I think he would be good. But who knows

Comment

Today I think the 2 with the best shot are Rona and Pierre. Rona's got ovaries so that's a plus but she's a westerner. Pierre is JAWG (Just Another White Guy) but at least he's from the east and he's got a froggy name. Surely we're not stupid enough to pick Peter and I think Brad has enough brains not to run. No chance Kenney is interested this time IMO.

Comment

Lisa Raitt is intriguing, but I doubt she'll try again. Pierre should be good, Peter Mackay should forget it. I honestly think the Cons need an eastern leader to compete this time. Btw,don't discount Bernard Lord. If you want the Grits to hang onto power, pick Bernier.

Comment

I think he is fantastic, probably the strongest on the team at the moment.

Comment

Mckay and Poiverre straddle eastern riding and areas that we need to win to take out Trudeau. Ambrose is a westerner but a woman and thats a way to neuter skippy.. I am pretty torn.

Comment

Why would anyone with half a brain run ?
              Until it resets a normal person hasnt got a chance
              Msn likes the laurentian elites
              Need to just call it a day and remove the abusive growth

Comment

Why do any of you think a woman should run? Kim Campbell is the only women to ever be named a PM in Canada and she only lasted 132 days. There has only been 11 women premiers in all of Canadian history and only one has won a second term. Furthermore, only 2 of those were Conservatives. If it were the Liberal party selecting a woman for leader, I would not be surprised. But I question whether the old white guys running the Conservative party want a woman as well I wonder how many older conservative voters would simply stay home rather than vote for a woman to run the country. It may work in an election against Trudeau but would running a woman work against a more popular Liberal contender?

And how many woman leaders - other than the obvious Margaret Thatcherer, Theresa May and Angela Merkal can you name without searching?

Before I get jumped on for being a chauvinist let me clarify I would have no problem voting for a woman for PM but I know of others who definitely would not vote for a woman as PM. It is something to think about anyway
                Last edited by dmlfarmer; Dec 12, 2019, 20:17.

Comment

Originally posted by dmlfarmer View Post
                  Why do any of you think a woman should run?
                  Simple, because she can blunt the upcoming attack from the corrupt bought off criminal MSM.

I never saw any woman candidate asked about abortion before.

Comment

I think Rona would be one of the best.
                    Pierre sounds really good in the house and asks good question but a little lacking in real world experience and wasn’t that the problem with Andrew.
                    I would like to see every leader with some military experience. I think that give them good insight in where the country fits in the world and a strong sense of leadership. Arron O’Toole I think would make a good candidate also and he had military experience.

Comment

Why do any of you think a woman should run? Kim Campbell is the only women to ever be named a PM in Canada and she only lasted 132 days. There has only been 11 women premiers in all of Canadian history and only one has won a second term. Furthermore, only 2 of those were Conservatives. If it were the Liberal party selecting a woman for leader, I would not be surprised. But I question whether the old white guys running the Conservative party want a woman as well I wonder how many older conservative voters would simply stay home rather than vote for a woman to run the country. It may work in an election against Trudeau but would running a woman work against a more popular Liberal contender?

And how many woman leaders - other than the obvious Theresa May and Angela Merkal can you name with searching?

Before I get jumped on for being a chauvinist let me clarify I would have no problem voting for a woman for PM but I know of others who definitely would not vote for a woman as PM. It is something to think about anyway
                      Honestly conservatives don’t give it another thought, man/woman/whatever, best person for the job gets the job.

It is the liberals who are the closet sexists and racists. The over the top hypocrisy over the last four years is proof of that.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                        Simple, because she can blunt the upcoming attack from the corrupt bought off criminal MSM.

I never saw any woman candidate asked about abortion before.
                        BS. Just search Rachel Notley asked about abortion and you get lots of links to times Notley was asked about abortion.

But if you never personally saw it happen it is fake news right Jazz

Comment

And how many woman leaders - other than the obvious Margaret Thatcherer, Theresa May and Angela Merkal can you name without searching?

Little off topic but in lowly Melfort Saskatchewan this made news......really? A big deal in this day and age?

Geesuz, it's almost like they've only become capable! This isn't news.

https://www.cbc.ca › news › saskatoon
                          Web results
                          All-female surgical team deliver baby girl in Melfort | CBC News - CBC.ca

Comment

I would like to see Peter take the job because I think he is the only man that will tell the social conservatives to shut the **** up and welcome to 2020, and can still pull in younger voters.

But it has to be Rona because every single center-right woman in this country looks at a male Conservative leader/MP and wonders "How interested is this MAN in my uterus?" In the case of Brad Trost, he wants his head shoved up just passed the cervix, just to get a good look and to cross reference it to the Virgin Mary.

If Rona runs, I will renew my federal Conservative card.

But I will be watching for two key signals. Any social conservatism fondeling will lose my vote and any climate welfare pandering like Chong will also lose it.

Let the Hunger Games begin!

Comment

I think I'm the middle if the pack conservative guy and would suggest would think similar to most. I would not care at all the sex of the party leader as long as they were qualified and capable for the job and I was comfortable with them as a likeable candidate. That being said there are not very many women that would fill those shoes. The majority of the women that get to the level of politics that is required for the job are generally not that likeable. Rona in my mind would be perfect for the job and would have my support, problem is I dont know that she wants to. She declined the last go round. Lisa Raitt may be ok also, smart, tough and capable for sure but not positive on the likeable side of things.

Woman leader for the conservatives would definitely put a different spin on the next campaign.

Comment

Originally posted by GDR View Post
                                I think I'm the middle if the pack conservative guy and would suggest would think similar to most. I would not care at all the sex of the party leader as long as they were qualified and capable for the job and I was comfortable with them as a likeable candidate. That being said there are not very many women that would fill those shoes. The majority of the women that get to the level of politics that is required for the job are generally not that likeable. Rona in my mind would be perfect for the job and would have my support, problem is I dont know that she wants to. She declined the last go round. Lisa Raitt may be ok also, smart, tough and capable for sure but not positive on the likeable side of things.

Woman leader for the conservatives would definitely put a different spin on the next campaign.
                                Lisa Raitt didn’t even win her seat this election so scratch her off the list.
                                Rona Ambrose or Candace Bergen are capable female leaders.
                                Pierre Poillevre would be good and Brad Wall as well.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.