• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Farm transition meeting

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farm transition meeting

Anyone have the details on a meeting taking place? I heard something a while back but can’t find anything posted anywhere, I think it is on the 12th.

Originally posted by GOODRUM View Post
    Anyone have the details on a meeting taking place? I heard something a while back but can’t find anything posted anywhere, I think it is on the 12th.
    Where? When? Who?

Comment

Life after Harvest was in Humboldt on the 4th, Saskatoon Jan 28...
      https://pwmprivatewealth.com/services/lifeafterharvest https://pwmprivatewealth.com/services/lifeafterharvest

Anyone attend? Inform us.

Comment

Investors holding a farm transition seminar are only in it for one thing....selling life insurance!

Comment

okay... hopefully the tax issues and guaranteed someone will collect your Life Insurance.

Comment

Honestly, if you find an agent you trust, life insurance is the reason I'm still farming.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
              Honestly, if you find an agent you trust, life insurance is the reason I'm still farming.
              Care to explain?

I understand the appeal of life insurance for passing on a nest egg to future generations without the tax burden, but I can't see how to accumulate a nest egg worth worrying about unless I invest in my business, and investing in life insurance comes out of what can be invested in the business...

Comment

Obviously depends on your numbers.
                When mother did her will we valued the land at the time. Divided by number of children. I paid premiums on sibling share paid out in insurance. I got the land. Just my story. If a lot of cash and equity then there's tax shelter vehicles, annuities blah blah.
                How and who paying capital gains??
                Lots of land sold just to pay it.

Warning. In hindsight the land went up in value over 15 years, the insurance payout did not. My appreciation risk frozen. But my siblings could've bought a hell of a lot more with same dollars back then. Should've bought it outright at the time. We'd still be talking. Only damn thing I could get out of Mom at the time. Better than nothing at all.

Lesson. Teach your kids to talk. And educate yourself.
                Listen to ten shiny pants salesman to get to that one good one.
                Open your eyes. Remember, your gonna die.

Comment

Fat thumb. Liking yourself haha. Yes I'm sober.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...