• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When are farm programs suppose to kick in?????

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When are farm programs suppose to kick in?????

I have been wondering lately when are farm programs supposed to work for farmers....

Crop insurance estimated what is left in the field is higher than the guarantee so no claim....but its not harvested????

Are programs supposed to work when there is a trade tariff issue and affect prices...apparently not....

Are programs to kick in when the market we price our grain off is subsidized reducing prices further...nope.

Are programs supposed to work when you leave production in the field due to 1 in 100 year weather events like this year....drought to start then moist not wet for most of harvest....nope.

So what exactly and when do these programs actually fit for what may be considered a disaster?

Who came up with these program requirements?

And why do I pay a fee a year in advance to be told too bad so sad....

And why is the province oblivious to agri-recovery....because they might have to throw funds at it?....

So why do american farmers before they go out to seed have a good idea what they are guaranteed for their farm at their local FSA office while Canadian farmers are left wondering after the fees are paid....

Just a few questions as to who was around the table on primary producers behalf when this was put in place...

Was watching Question period and there was a question about agriculture yesterday and the answer was they are standing up for farmers and working on something....that is just talk...everyone has been saying that for years and now the conservatives are saying something has to be done while they are the ones that designed the gutted programs....

They don't work it's that simple.

Our farm groups sit and wonder how to spend the money sent to them.

Gov tells business they are there for them.

Real farmers go broke doesn't matter.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
      They don't work it's that simple.

Our farm groups sit and wonder how to spend the money sent to them.

Gov tells business they are there for them.

That sums up the questions nicely ...doesnt it....

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
        Are there fake farmers?
        Am I the real deal? Or am I classified as a wannabe?
        Is a large corporate 30,000 acre farmer a real farmer?
        Was Broad Acres or One Earth real farmers?
        Are investment "farms" real farms?

Should everyone have the same rules applied to them no matter what?

Comment

Remember One World and Broad Ass did go broke and exit. Who had better accountants and lawyers and deep pockets still couldn't make it.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
            That sums up the questions nicely ...doesnt it....
            In my mind,the programs that had it almost right was back when NISA was in existence. For those too young to remember that was Net Income Stabilization Account. All that the government of the day needed to do was enhance Crop Insurance a bit and improve the trigger on NISA and it would have been about as good a combination as we could hope for. Unfortunately the ballooning fund balance in NISA because of a poor triggering formula was drawing too much attention and so rather than fix the problem NISA was scrapped saving government money and costing farmers a safety net that would have worked long term IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by grefer View Post
              In my mind,the programs that had it almost right was back when NISA was in existence. For those too young to remember that was Net Income Stabilization Account. All that the government of the day needed to do was enhance Crop Insurance a bit and improve the trigger on NISA and it would have been about as good a combination as we could hope for. Unfortunately the ballooning fund balance in NISA because of a poor triggering formula was drawing too much attention and so rather than fix the problem NISA was scrapped saving government money and costing farmers a safety net that would have worked long term IMO.
              I think had they not shitcanned GRIP farmers would have weathered this storm better....and I think the industry would be better off as well....

Comment

Bucket, if Canada matches MFP 1,2,3 would Agri-Recovery be the program?

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
                  Bucket, if Canada matches MFP 1,2,3 would Agri-Recovery be the program?
                  Good question....can't answer...but they won't match the proportional dollars....that is fact....

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...
                  X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                  You agree to our and by clicking I agree.