• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unharvested crop value

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unharvested crop value

What values are being used for year end inventory?
    Think in own case should be 70 to 80 per cent of what was entered for harvested crop.
    Recognize that every farm and crop is different.
    Also there are consequences for taxes and Agristability.
    Best action is likely to be as accurate as possible.

Ask Crop Insurance and AgStab! They write/make the rules.

Comment

inventory in field might be estimated for crop insurance so they don't have to pay but its a zero for agristability because it isn't in actual inventory...

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
        inventory in field might be estimated for crop insurance so they don't have to pay but its a zero for agristability because it isn't in actual inventory...
        How will AgStab value the crop left in the feild? It is part of the snapshot of the current production year. Remember it is an audit program and it will be accounted for especially if there was no "structural change" claimed. Those "missing acres" will need to be accounted for. And the next year later when you file accrually the sales and their values should catch it and sort it out.

In my opinion, the value the AgStab program assigns to unharvested grain will determine if you get any money in the current production year or end up paying some back in the following year if you happened to market it for more than they allowed for it's value. What happens if it's "abandoned"?

This is all rhetorical bullshit speculation because I DOUBT it will pay out many producers anyway. Guys with a pile of acres left in the feild claim to have been told by Crop Insurance they are already be over their Crop Insurance guarantee......

I honestly don't know why I(or other people) bother participating, in some cases if it's that bad that you qualify for a substantial AgStab payment....you will probably need more help than AgStab will provide!!!!!!!!!!!!

If there is only one AgStab participant "per farm" is the program really "fraud proof"? .....remember, it is a forensic audit program. Mutiple participants per "farm" opens doors for moving inventory and sales from participant to participant.

Is grain drying an allowable expense?

Comment

Most expenses associated with grain drying are allowable.
          However parts and capital cost allowance are not.

If deducted from your cash ticket it is allowable.

Also be careful, if hired done and it is billed out as contract work(all expenses included) it is non-allowable.
          And if hired done it needs to be at arm's length to be allowable if salaries or wages are broken out on the invoice.

My understanding anyway. I am not in Ag-Stab

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
            Most expenses associated with grain drying are allowable.
            However parts and capital cost allowance are not.

If deducted from your cash ticket it is allowable.

Also be careful, if hired done and it is billed out as contract work(all expenses included) it is non-allowable.
            And if hired done it needs to be at arm's length to be allowable if salaries or wages are broken out on the invoice.

My understanding anyway. I am not in Ag-Stab
            Not arguing with you farming101

but who makes stupid rules like this? do it this way and its OK do it another way and its not....if its an expense its an expense much like a proof is a proof.....

Geezus there are lot of figure heads that justify their jobs....with stupid shit....

Comment

It ain’t worth nothin’ till it’s dry and in the bin.

Even then it’s of questionable value till you have cash in your account instead. Used to view cattle as an asset till BSE and then figured out they’re a liability that cost money every day until they’re on a truck headed to a feedlot and a cheque is headed my way.

YMMV

Comment

Originally posted by woodland View Post
                It ain’t worth nothin’ till it’s dry and in the bin.

Even then it’s of questionable value till you have cash in your account instead. Used to view cattle as an asset till BSE and then figured out they’re a liability that cost money every day until they’re on a truck headed to a feedlot and a cheque is headed my way.

YMMV
                Then once you get the paper check you race to deposit it so you know it's good.
                Then, you wonder if you're bank is safe and you think "I'm paying more on service charges then I'm making on interest".
                So, you take the credits out of your account and buy some cows.....

Comment

I have crop out and it has a value to me.

We have phoned crap insurance and are way way over our guarantee so nothing but wildlife damage. Go eat moose elk deer etc.

Talking to our accountant and actually putting in a claim for AG stab is unadvisable because here is the reality you will get a small check and then have to pay it all back after you harvest the crop and sell it in year two. They will get it back.

Programs are put in place to make it look like gov care, the reality is shit all works.

This is coming from someone who got paid for the frost year 2002 and paid back the 200000 in 2008.

Comment

But farmers get subsidized through these programs , chuck says so .

Comment

Yea they subsidise our premium is the biggest joke out there. Chuck was a CWB supporter just let that sink in on how intelligent he is.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                        THANKFULLY????????????? I've been paying premiums into AgStab for quite afew years knowing I don't stand much hope of ever collecting....... Am I being subsidized? I pay no Crop Insurance premiums because I am not forced into participating because of my debt structure..... Am I being subsidized?

Comment

I pulled out of Agri-Stability 3 years ago, it was my belief then and today that it was a waste of time and money.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                            And there is no farm income crisis according to AlbertaFarmer5 so why are you all complaining?

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
                              I pulled out of Agri-Stability 3 years ago, it was my belief then and today that it was a waste of time and money.
                              Good move ..because if they make any payments it won't be through agri stability....it will be a broad based ad hoc....

They have let their incompetence go on so long the only solution is a per acre payment....cant fix it with tax breaks for farmers or any other solution ...the crisis is too far gone....big crop or not....grain prices have not kept pace with inputs and capital required....

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...