• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those of you who think I am full of shit.....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those of you who think I am full of shit.....

I recently did a survey about grain drying ...its on the APAS website....so i phoned them to suggest that just doing a survey on percentage of tough grain isn't good enough....

In order for the survey to have an impact it was suggested to add the question to the effect of ...how often have you had to dry grain on your operation...

It adds context to the drying survey and historical data that can help explain the issue of tough grain and how to deal with it....

I am not always a negative person ....just thought I should clarify some of my positive contributions ...

But , but .... with global warming and hotter and dryer all the time , we will hafta dry more often
    Wtf , now the church of climate change has me confused since we are drying more and more often

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
      But , but .... with global warming and hotter and dryer all the time , we will hafta dry more often
      Wtf , now the church of climate change has me confused since we are drying more and more often
      Because you are doing more acres,longer season varities, bigger machines but a down day is a bigger loss GREED

Comment

CaseIH, Hotter and drier conditions and wetter and more stormy conditions are both a product of climate change....so they say. What a farce

Comment

Originally posted by Ache4Acres View Post
          CaseIH, Hotter and drier conditions and wetter and more stormy conditions are both a product of climate change....so they say. What a farce
          yea, and wind and calm and rain and cloud and sun and warm and cold and hurricanes and drought and floods and..... well you get the drift ......
          what a sorry bunch of mushrooms.......
          i guess the roman empire never saw it coming either , or any of the other great civilizations in history
          just too much time on their hands and too well fed

Comment

Originally posted by Horse View Post
            Because you are doing more acres,longer season varities, bigger machines but a down day is a bigger loss GREED
            Please don't go there Horse.

Comment

lucky were farming a little more with the 1950 grain prices
              you obviously know SFA about farming in marginal country or drying for the sake of preserving grain quality or trying to squeeze every cent you can out of every acre

Comment

Hey CCF’er, NDP’r, Glass half empty, 𝘾𝙤𝙛𝙛𝙚𝙚 Shop expert, Navel gazer.....don’t confuse GREED with AMBITION and PASSION!!! Your answer is not an answer.

I am a kind and respectful person and you need to practice that too.

Not everyone has the same stomach for risk and reward. Each to their own.

You are being that Lobster in the tank pulling the one trying to get out back in the tank.

I love this country, I love the land, I love growing grain and drying It if I have too. I will survive under any circumstance and or crazy government.

Comment

"just too much time on their hands and too well fed"…

Wow a classic comment, you are so right if society was NOT so safe, healthy, easy, low risk, benign weather/climate, the little bitchers would NOT be marching to DESTROY what they actually all have! Dreaming about another utopia, devoid all they enjoy? Get real CULTISTS!

Comment

Horse in my little area here I have 2 neighbors both with less than 1000 acres, 1 has a class 8 combine and the other a class 7. In both cases their wheat came off in the 16% moisture range. They did get the majority of their canola off dry and the one did get the majority of their barley off dry. Another neighbor with 1800 acres with 2 class 8 combines had to dry the majority of their crop. So by today's standards realitively small grain farms, I would have to disagree with your outlook. One other thought 5 years ago no one in my area had a grain dryer, very rarely needed it. Today over half my neighbors have grain dryers and they have gotten a lot of use.

Comment

I have always did my own work,on ocassion I have hired some things done,but that was not by a plan it was I just got behind. I have 1 combine as thats all I can run at atime,if I had more it would be because I want someone elses share of the pot,not trying to drag anyone else in,just want to do my own thing,and that dosent include being bigger and better than the neibors,so as you said to each his own .
                      If I cant get my work done I dont cry about it sometimes mother nature kicks you in the ass for no good reason and sometimes you go asking for it.

Comment

I like the NDP's idea of paying farmers for sequestering.....carbon could be my next big crop if Trudeau doesn't stop at 50 bucks a tonne....if its indexed to the price of carbon

Comment

The old NDP probably would appeal to farmers but today’s NDP have sold their souls to the big money of unions and ecco-warriors.

Comment

From memory regarding grain drying.
                            My uncle's had a large for area farm in the 70s. And slowpokes. They bought and used a dryer for a while at the time. And a bit in the nineties.
                            Their heir bought a new one last year.
                            To suggest that my greed is causing wet grain is telling me that everything you own has been long paid for. You don't need to care about machinery costs per acre as you have no other mortgage.
                            Good for you. But I haven't harvested an all dry crop in 4 years. Now my combine needs a lot of work.
                            Somehow going back to my 750 Massey won't make the grain dry. It's all relative, dummkopf.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...