• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sask Economic Outlook

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sask Economic Outlook

Seems like a flurry of announcements out of Sask lately. Yes not a lot for ag, yet but some other very interesting tidbits.

- For chuck, Sask to ramp up wind generation. God knows we have endless resources of that. Still cant get it to Toronto though.

- Oil production to double in 20 yrs, to almost 800k bbl per day. So much for lower demand. Bakken and SE SK getting new interest.

- Small Modular Nukes and increase uranium sales

Then there is a brief statement in one of the news releases about working with MB to get access to Churchill for enhanced exports of commodities including oil. I imagine this involves taking some of their excess hydro power in return for that corridor. Sounds good to me.

Originally posted by jazz View Post
    Seems like a flurry of announcements out of Sask lately. Yes not a lot for ag, yet but some other very interesting tidbits.

- For chuck, Sask to ramp up wind generation. God knows we have endless resources of that. Still cant get it to Toronto though.

- Oil production to double in 20 yrs, to almost 800k bbl per day. So much for lower demand. Bakken and SE SK getting new interest.

- Small Modular Nukes and increase uranium sales

Then there is a brief statement in one of the news releases about working with MB to get access to Churchill for enhanced exports of commodities including oil. I imagine this involves taking some of their excess hydro power in return for that corridor. Sounds good to me.
    That is code for subsidy to be paid to the fat boy....and his eastern financiers.....the saskatchewan government is in deep with that chosen one....he must still have all the pictures and videos....

Comment

I would vote for Small Nuc development. Better risk mitigation vs big singular power plants. They can build it in buckets back yard, good for jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by Rareearth View Post
        I would vote for Small Nuc development. Better risk mitigation vs big singular power plants. They can build it in buckets back yard, good for jobs.
        I am not an advocate for nuclear but i won't rail against it either....fence sitting that debate....some have said one of the reasons of Lake Deifenbaker was a water source for power generation that included nuclear....

I don't think it makes sense to mine uranium and send it all over the world when it could be used here and put back where it came from...on fairly safe ground/rock....

***ushima only had one fault and that was it wasn't built on high enough land... They censored that...

The prairies seem like a safe place to build a plant from a ground stability and weather events...

And Canada is world renowned for nuclear power plants....are we not?

Comment

2 lbs of uranium has the same energy density as a super b of oil. At $25/lb the cost of the fuel is negligible to a nuclear power plant.

Comment

Its good to see a provincial government with goals and planning growth for 20-30 years.
            The corridor to Churchill sounds interesting since Infrastructure is one of the biggest obstacles to grow our economy.

The other is Laurentian Elites imposing laws to hold back the Western exports with anti tanker loading and anti-pipeline bills.

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
              Its good to see a provincial government with goals and planning growth for 20-30 years.
              The corridor to Churchill sounds interesting since Infrastructure is one of the biggest obstacles to grow our economy.

The other is Laurentian Elites imposing laws to hold back the Western exports with anti tanker loading and anti-pipeline bills.
              I see issues with churchill if you can't get a major to buy in...

With the money thats been gifted to AGT ...which has pissed the WGEA off....they have to move in excess of 500000 tonnes a year to make that investment pay off ....AGT can't do that tonnage without further government help or a partner in the industry...

Otherwise its just a intravenous of government support ....which Fairfax would be ok with...

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                I see issues with churchill if you can't get a major to buy in...

A public private ownership consortium is the only way to get it off the ground. This is the one time govt has a role. Beefed up rail access for oil grains potash, adjacent utility corridor back to sk for hydro, return hydrocarbons ROW to a built out deep water port with tanker loading improvements.

It's all we got better get after it.

Comment

Taking money Away from Renewables that can give us results in months and years
                  and investing in Nuclear that will maybe give us results in Decades down the road...... the big oil and coal donors to the Sask Party are Loving this

Comment

Is this the same projections used as prior to the last 2 elections? Because nothing has come out of anything projected. I could say I m gonna grow a million bushels more of canola so what if no one wants it. Do they have a market 20 years ahead for the oil? Lmao
                    How about something concrete here and now today to deal with the ag mega disaster we’ll under way?
                    What does fat boy have over these guys no one else gets the inside track besides the ones that buy land around the empty bypasses?

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                      A public private ownership consortium is the only way to get it off the ground. This is the one time govt has a role. Beefed up rail access for oil grains potash, adjacent utility corridor back to sk for hydro, return hydrocarbons ROW to a built out deep water port with tanker loading improvements.

It's all we got better get after it.
                      True but I am still waiting for Al Gore's prediction of open water to come true....just a sarcastic remark....dont take offence...

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
                        Is this the same projections used as prior to the last 2 elections? Because nothing has come out of anything projected. I could say I m gonna grow a million bushels more of canola so what if no one wants it. Do they have a market 20 years ahead for the oil? Lmao
                        How about something concrete here and now today to deal with the ag mega disaster we’ll under way?
                        What does fat boy have over these guys no one else gets the inside track besides the ones that buy land around the empty bypasses?
                        Pictures and videos is my guess....

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                          I am not an advocate for nuclear but i won't rail against it either....fence sitting that debate....some have said one of the reasons of Lake Deifenbaker was a water source for power generation that included nuclear....

I don't think it makes sense to mine uranium and send it all over the world when it could be used here and put back where it came from...on fairly safe ground/rock....

***ushima only had one fault and that was it wasn't built on high enough land... They censored that...

The prairies seem like a safe place to build a plant from a ground stability and weather events...

And Canada is world renowned for nuclear power plants....are we not?
                          As long as you're willing to have the nuclear waste buried in your own backyard and not shipped off somewhere else, I am ok with it as well.

Comment

Originally posted by 15444 View Post
                            As long as you're willing to have the nuclear waste buried in your own backyard and not shipped off somewhere else, I am ok with it as well.
                            Dumb question....but couldn't it go back where it came from?

Comment

If we are staying in Canada and it looks like we are, then we are going to be partially landlocked by commie leftists. We will be lucky to get a corridor out of here. There wont be one to the west coast again, thats done. TMX will be last pipeline that way. Nothing thru Ont and Que for sure. So its US, Churchill or the odd chance of something off the NWT arctic coast.

Make our own energy cooridor across the center of easter BC, AB, SK and MB to hudson bay. Make the thing a km wide and get owned by the provincial govts outright so no land claims can come back.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...