• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

saskpulse looking for appointed directors

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

saskpulse looking for appointed directors

Not sure where this is coming from for appointment of directors since the last two elections have been acclamations ....

I guess they haven't got enough sucking on the checkoffs already...

Appointments cost more....

Maybe they will do a survey monkey to see if they should implement such an idea....Since the resolution to make checkoffs refundable got overthrown....

I see there was only 2300 that bothered voting in the sask barley election and a NFUer was elected?

Comment

I will be waiting for the saskpulse appointment call.....hahaha....

Comment

What do you guys think of your new VP pf Gov't and Industry relations at CCGA? Will he suit the farmers best interests?

Comment

Originally posted by walterm View Post
          What do you guys think of your new VP pf Gov't and Industry relations at CCGA? Will he suit the farmers best interests?
          CCGA PRESS RELEASE

​​​​​Winnipeg, MB — Canadian Canola Growers Association (CCGA) is pleased to welcome Dave Carey as the Association's new Vice‑President of Government & Industry Relations, beginning in early 2020.

"Dave brings a strong background in strategic leadership and government and industry relations to this new role at CCGA," says Rick White, Chief Executive Officer at CCGA. "We're excited he will be joining our team early in the new year. His experience working with various levels of government and collaborating with stakeholders across the agriculture sector will be an asset in serving Canada's canola farmers."

Carey comes to CCGA after working in Canada's seed industry for more than seven years. He has held the position of Executive Director at the Canadian Seed Trade Association (CSTA) since 2017 and previously worked in roles involving government affairs, stakeholder relations, and policy at CSTA. Carey also spent time working on Parliament Hill as staff for several Members of Parliament.

Carey holds a Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Degree in Political Science from Brock University and a Masters Certificate from the Schulich School of Business at York University.

In his new role, Carey will be responsible for managing relationships with government and industry stakeholders as well as advocating on issues, programs and policies that enhance the success of Canadian canola farmers. Carey's position will be based in CCGA's Ottawa office.

CCGA represents more than 43,000 canola farmers on national and international issues, policies and programs that impact farm profitability.

Comment

Please listen to the 18 minute podcast, and this guy is to be on the Canadian Canola Growers Association

https://germination.ca/dave-carey-sticks-to-his-strategy/ https://germination.ca/dave-carey-sticks-to-his-strategy/
            Last edited by farmaholic; Dec 7, 2019, 07:32.

Comment

From the "Canadian Seed Trade Association"

Dave Carey serves as the chief executive officer, reporting directly to the Board of Directors and oversees all day-to-day aspects of the association, including: strategy, advocacy, finances, staff and delivering value to members. He is a government relations, regulatory affairs, policy and international trade professional with extensive management and political experience.

Dave joined CSTA in May 2012 and has held roles of increasing seniority focusing on stakeholder and government relations, regulatory affairs, policy development and international trade.

Prior to joining CSTA, Dave held various roles on Parliament Hill as a political staffer with a particular focus on international trade. During his time on the Hill he was directly involved with moving three free trade agreements through the House of Commons and into the Senate and worked on two federal and one provincial election campaign.

In 2018, Dave was nominated by industry and appointed by the federal government to serve as the Industry Co-Chair of Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada’s Seed Sector Value Chain Roundtab

Dave holds an Honours Bachelor of Arts Degree in Political Science with a Concentration in Public Law from Brock University and numerous other university certificates.

Comment

We need quality directors - Tough ones like the originals.

Comment

Is it me or this guy all about fleecing farmers for his own gain.

Comment

Originally posted by TASFarms View Post
                    It would be the latter....and his gain is probably a 6 digit salary to keep promoting the seed tax....

You have organizations that have goals like 25mmt by 2025....

No way to move it or process it....or a good return to producers but keep pouring inputs into it to grow a crop....

Comment

Originally posted by TASFarms View Post
                      Sounds like a bit of a chameleon to me!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                        It would be the latter....and his gain is probably a 6 digit salary to keep promoting the seed tax....

You have organizations that have goals like 25mmt by 2025....

No way to move it or process it....or a good return to producers but keep pouring inputs into it to grow a crop....
                        The more tonnes we produce, the more check offs for the canola council to spend on palm springs vacations. Really, that is all that matters to them.

Comment

I suppose you could get rid of all the farm orgs, then hope the government, the railroads, other countries, SM5, grain handlers etc have our best interest in mind with no one from the farming sector pushing back at all. Brilliant.

Hard to believe you're still having this ridiculous conversation.

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
                            I suppose you could get rid of all the farm orgs, then hope the government, the railroads, other countries, SM5, grain handlers etc have our best interest in mind with no one from the farming sector pushing back at all. Brilliant.

Hard to believe you're still having this ridiculous conversation.
                            Sounds good to me.

Comment

I was replying to Walter's question. Do you not find it a bit ironic where he came from and his "adgenda" and that the CCGA took him on? Is he going to be singing from a different song sheet now?

Are some of the Orgs actually Farmer Advocates or Industry Agvocates?

I don't think anyone is promoting getting rid of all commodity groups but there was definitely a call for consolidation.

Also, in the link to the podcast that I posted Carey even talks of the need for a "united voice" amongst the CSTA(Canadian Seed Traders Association) members before the can get the NSA(National Seed Assiciation) off the ground.

Damn right we should be having this conversation!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.