• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

saskpulse looking for appointed directors

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tweety View Post
    I suppose you could get rid of all the farm orgs, then hope the government, the railroads, other countries, SM5, grain handlers etc have our best interest in mind with no one from the farming sector pushing back at all. Brilliant.

Hard to believe you're still having this ridiculous conversation.
    but ,... wtf would would be wrong with getting rid of all of them , and having one that REALLY WORKS for farmers
    we carried alfalfa seed over from 18 to try and get enough to break even , found out the alfalfa ass. doubled its check off to 1 cent and quarter, because times are tough, no shit ?
    so we stored it for a year , trying to break even , and they just skim nearly 2% off the top
    so i called and asked what work was being done on two very serious problems facing the industry, had to leave my questions on an answering machine
    no one even called back

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
      Please listen to the 18 minute podcast, and this guy is to be on the Canadian Canola Growers Association

https://germination.ca/dave-carey-sticks-to-his-strategy/ https://germination.ca/dave-carey-sticks-to-his-strategy/
      So this guy is from Toronto, has an ARTS degree and is the VP of CCGA?......WTF
      Last edited by Oliver88; Dec 7, 2019, 19:11.

Comment

I suppose you could get rid of all the farm orgs, then hope the government, the railroads, other countries, SM5, grain handlers etc have our best interest in mind with no one from the farming sector pushing back at all. Brilliant.

Hard to believe you're still having this ridiculous conversation.
        Just list a number of things that these producer organizations have done to increase primary producers bottom line to keep pace with every input to grow a crop....

If you can't understand that pricing crops from subsidized world markets is stealing your equity...well I won't explain it to you....

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
          Just list a number of things that these producer organizations have done to increase primary producers bottom line to keep pace with every input to grow a crop....

If you can't understand that pricing crops from subsidized world markets is stealing your equity...well I won't explain it to you....
          cant list much except endless studies on row spacing, seed depth, seed density, blah, blah blah.

Comment

Originally posted by MBgrower View Post
            cant list much except endless studies on row spacing, seed depth, seed density, blah, blah blah.
            And the latest revelation is 8 year rotations..

Comment

That’s exactly what we need - an eastern political scientist. 🐖💨

Comment

How do you know they haven't?

Step away from Agriville and do some research on your own. Get educated.

Comment

How do you know they haven't?

Step away from Agriville and do some research on your own. Get educated.
                  How are appointed directors going to help?

And since when are lower prices a benefit to western Canadian primary producers?

Comment

I think the demise of the wheat pools began when they started hiring people from outside their core business....the so called smarter people....

Comment

How are appointed directors going to help?

And since when are lower prices a benefit to western Canadian primary producers?
                      Point is, those prices would be much lower without the interaction of the groups pushing back. How can you not realize this?

One of the best things farms boards could do is have outside/non farmer board members. Like banking exec, industry exec, high level gov staff, etc to bring perspective to the board. Expertise beyond just the farm is very healthy.

Comment

Point is, those prices would be much lower without the interaction of the groups pushing back. How can you not realize this?

One of the best things farms boards could do is have outside/non farmer board members. Like banking exec, industry exec, high level gov staff, etc to bring perspective to the board. Expertise beyond just the farm is very healthy.
                        Yup ....exact same thinking as SWP....the only thing the expertise did was steal farmers equity....and SWP was never bankrupt....

BTW how much lower do you think prices could be before farmers don't grow pulses....a lot of neighbors are saying no more pulses....because...

1. No return for the machinery required
                        2. Disease issues
                        3. Rotation concerns

Yup those appointed directors will know how to deal with those issues....but keep trying....
                        Last edited by bucket; Dec 8, 2019, 09:03.

Comment

Since the directors are bringing this up.....who are they thinking of appointing?

As a mandatory checkoff payer....I would like to know the candidates...

If you want to appoint directors and I can't elect them but I am forced to pay....

The group of 7 directors shouldn't be making these decisions unless it becomes a refundable checkoff....

Then farmers have some say in it...

Comment

Some outside business perspective is good but be very careful when getting non-farmers.
                            Look at how Sprott and Pike made out in their Ag-ventures ran by “consultants and experts” sitting in urban office buildings.

Comment

Not taking any sides in issue just a question. Do you guys think it is better to pay for expertise by hiring consultants with check off dollars at what ever that would cost or to paying them full time salary at VP or director wage, what ever that would be (I haven't seen $ figure).

Comment

Since the directors are bringing this up.....who are they thinking of appointing?

As a mandatory checkoff payer....I would like to know the candidates...

If you want to appoint directors and I can't elect them but I am forced to pay....

The group of 7 directors shouldn't be making these decisions unless it becomes a refundable checkoff....

Then farmers have some say in it...
                                Not really. They are voted in to make those decisions. Don't like those decisions, become a director.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.