• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Combine question for Mallee

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Combine question for Mallee

In another thread you mentioned 6800 acres with a 670 Claas.
    How many hours do you run combines before trade?? How many downtime hours acceptable? How many hours before repair bill bigger than a payment?
    My parts alone estimate is $20-$25k this winter. 1950eng, 1500 threshing hrs. Second feeder house almost done. Rotor drive etc.
    Guessing with your conditions and ac/combine numbers, a factor of 3 again??? 4500hrs threshing?

And how many tonnes would go through the combine in an average year? How many days can you realistically run a combine in a year?

Comment

Remember one thing boys his days are getting longer in length and hotter. We’re the opposite we loose daylight each day and the suns heat is retreating.

Comment

Oh I realize that. Just jealous I guess.
        Do we live in the most expensive place to farm???
        Russia? Delta rice???
        Who spends more than us for harvesting??

Comment

Combine acres yeah always a vexed question most aim fo 8 to 10,000 that’s a tad much for me.
          I aim for 6 to 7 if weathe comes in get someone to help. Lots of guys with class 8 combines who reap 2500 acres finish first then there expensive combine sits in the shed......

Thus far we’ve spent 2900 that’s pre and post harvest. Next year should hit 2000 threshe hours so will spend big bucks pre harvest, most repairs actually on macdon front.

Best day harvesting this year has been 19 hours multiply that by 8 to 10 kms you get acres done, my son barley gets time to shit neither does workman on chaser bin, I shift portable silos load Turks look afte sheep.

Plenty of guys have combines over 5000 hours.

When I trade up will look at something with 800 to 1000 hours that’s wh3n they stat to drop in price.

My hopes are to produce around just under a tonne to acre on cereals.

Unlike western Canadian utopia I cannot justify new combines Here in Australia

Fark when I started in 1981 dad used to pay cash fo a combine

Comment

In saying all that a lot of S 6 series jd came into district old model at very cheap dollars for a new combine.

And because of drought in many pats far out there’s some low hour machines about

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...